OFFICIAL B&B SECRET SANTA 2021! THE BIG REVEAL!
‹ Previous123456733
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yes folks, it's happening!  And what better hands could it be in than those of a man who forgot he'd volunteered mere months ago?!

Joking aside, it's been another tough year for many, but this place remains an oasis of joy within whatever ocean of shite our lives currently look like.  And each year's Secret Santa is an absolute high water mark in the B&B year - and I truly trust that this year will be no different :).

Indeed I've gone looking back through the annals, and from what I can tell, it's been an annual event from way back in 2012 (with that year's thread, and the ones in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 all well worth a browse if you need cheering up).  So this is the 10th incarnation, assuming 2013 happened & I simply failed to find it.  Quite the milestone, in the internet age!

GENERAL RULES/SCHEDULE

Following the old maxim of "if it ain't broken don't fix it", rules of the game will be much the same as ever...
    - Please PM me if you want in - by midnight 22nd October.   Please include your address as part of this - where that needs to be where the gifts should be posted (i.e. think about if you want posted to parents rather than your normal home, or whatever).
    - I'll do frantic chasing of anyone who's expressed interested in the thread but hasn't PMed on 23/24 October, and then the draw itself.
    - You will learn your Santee w/c 25th October.  This obviously must remain secret.
    - November is Official Stalking Month.
    - Aim to post stuff early December.
    - Opening of gifts before Christmas Day will be met with boos and hisses.
    - Photos before and after unwrapping are strongly encouraged
    - Santa reveal will be late boxing day or a few days later, depending how hungover I am

- No min/max budget, do what you think is right (and see special rules below...).  Far more important is to do you best to get them to your santee by Christmas Eve at the latest!

SPECIAL RULES

Jon did great work last year of, on top of coordinating the whole show, making sure that nobody was left out.  And I'm extremely keen the same works this year, cos life continues to be tough for many.  So please, PM me, if any of the following apply:
    - You'd like to be in, but don't think finances readily stretch to what you'd like to be able to give
    - You'd like to be in, but live in a place that's awkward to post to, and are worried about burdening folk with the cost of postage to you (or from you!)
    - You've actually had a better 2021 than you suspect many have, and are happy to help alleviate others' problems, oiling the wheel of this overall endeavour
    - You have a better pun than a SNOVID FUND for how we make that all work

(I'll obviously keep that all confidential, with the possible exception of people who get far-flung santees who may get help from the SNOVID FUND.  And please don't hold back on asks, I want as many people involved as possible and WE WILL MAKE THIS WORK, trust me on that.)

ANIMATED GIFS

Apparently my OPs are too dull.  So yeah, fuck the naysayers, let's get this party started.

Christmas-night_xmas-tree-1.gif

1-1.gif

cheering.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wonderful OP and well remembered. I’m in. PM incoming.
  • Christmas! I'm in.

Op is sufficient.
  • Good on you, Muzz.
  • I’m in and that’s a nice OP.
  • In like a bin.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    OP 8/10. Would read again. Room for improvement, but not much.

I'm keen, but I'm invoking the special rules...
    acemuzzy wrote:
    - You'd like to be in, but live in a place that's awkward to post to, and are worried about burdening folk with the cost of postage to you (or from you!)
    - You've actually had a better 2021 than you suspect many have, and are happy to help alleviate others' problems, oiling the wheel of this overall endeavour

Both because Taiwan. Our worst COVID days have been what other places would consider the end of the pandemic.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Gif selection in op is op
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'll be in
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'll have to offer a neutral delivery address as not sure if I'll be here or in the new house late December....
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Switzerland?
  • Lol
  • I'm probably going to have to skip it due to postage issues. I don't have access to my post box across the border and posting directly to my house is unreliable. It's not even worth sending things to my parents in the UK, since I don't know when I can next go there.

So yeah, not really possible. But I look forward to seeing it all unfold.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Probably skipping this year here too (sorry Kaz) as it'll be first proper C Xmas and want to put energies (and monies) there.
  • But your Santa will likely send more pressies for C and Y than for you. It's win-win
  • Always in, love it.  Big fan of Christmas Day anyway and the reveal photos are almost up there with afternoon nap on my list of favourite things.
  • I'd love to but I'm still saving up for our wedding in February and we still have stag and hen partys in late January (for me) and on run up to Xmas for the other half.

Il still be here on Xmas day celebrating another year alive as I get older and looking forward to all the pics of what people got.
  • Im in guys, ill be on a limited budget but happy to send some discount xmas cheer to a badger.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'll be on a very limited budget as we are buying a house and having another baby. So yea... Gonna be tough but I'll come up with something creative :)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's all starting to happen, folks. Gears are whirring, elves are stirring, turkeys and snovid pots are fattening up nicely, spreadsheets are being populated. CHRISTMAS IS COMING WHOOP WHOOP but yeah we want more badgers on board the Polar Express so keep the nods coming please, plenty of time yet!
  • It me, I'm still about, am in, secrit badger 4eva <3
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Whoop whoop
  • I'll be on a very limited budget as we are buying a house and having another baby. So yea... Gonna be tough but I'll come up with something creative :)

Another baby! Congrats! And a house too. Very excited for you matey.

Fingers crossed it’s not triplets this time around

• I'm in. Been doing lots of hinting as to what I want from my Santa in the Corona thread fyi santa
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A pet horse?
  • Of course, of course.
    Come with g if you want to live...
‹ Previous123456733

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!