Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
‹ Previous12345671705
  • UPDATE

Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

ROVqTBS.gif
    Believe!
  • PERTINENT INFORMATION FOR DESTINY 2 PLAYERS

Main Xbox clan: Badgers in Space.

Main PS4 clan: Team Clueless.

List of PS4 players who aren't in Team Clueless.

Raid and event planner (all formats): Badgers of Destiny.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Saddest thing about that is...

Bungie will get a $2.5 million bonus on the first game if it reaches a 90 on gamerankings.com.

regards

g.man
  • I will definitely buy this game. Awww, yeah!

Really looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay or screenshots and it'll be interesting to see how the massively multiplayer side will work with a new game every two years.
  • Yeah, but overall, it's pretty close to what's been previously speculated.

Although doesn't full retail disc based games every two years kinda clash with the idea of an MMO?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Great minds...
  • CASH GENERATOR
  • So we're looking at COD in space?
  • Destiny was the name of a really shitty nightclub in Motherwell. I don't like this game already.
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    -Activision can terminate the contract without penalty if Destiny doesn't sell at least 5 million units in the first six months, or for any reason they please after the second expansion pack releases.

thought that was a high bench mark for a second, but then checked vgcharts yearly figures. MW3 has sold 22mil across 2 platforms. But BF3 and gears are both just over 5mil each on 360 only, and that'd be within the 6 month limit, so seems like a reasonable figure. If Destiny doesn't outsell Gears and BF3, I can see that being a bit of a commercial failure for the beancounters.

• Anyhoo, the basic premise sounds promising. Bungie's community stuff has been great, and as mentioned in the bluroom, persistent world MMO FPS has potential in their hands. Especially as the very brief ideas hinted at seem to point to exploration and new worlds. A continuation of forge on steroids would be welcome. You would have to think that there's no way of avoiding cod/rpg like issues of balance with new v old players though.

Still, with no idea how the MP side of things will function, who knows what will be the sticking points.
  • g.man wrote:
    CASH GENERATOR
    Yeah, this is the slightly disappointing bit. The time table verges on what you'd expect from COD. I wonder if so many publishers getting burnt in the MMORPG market has put them off going with a monthly fee.

Also, they'd better have pocketed a huge wad of cash from MS. Six month to a year wait for PS3 owners will kill interest among people who only own that console.
  • Timed exclusives can go fuck themselves

Destiny 2 PS4 players:

Team Clueless current clan list:

Armouredgiraffe
    barren_sky
    Campy_Jon
    DandyDavid
    daviedigi
    DeenoBaggio
    DilutedDante
    DorkSirjur
    HylianElf
    iB0r1s
    Kowdown
    michaelbritten
    nickfullspec
    pi_pp_A
    ShabbyMcCrabby
    SirM0stlyharm13s
    Skade
    stormyskiesahead
    SubAxe
    superflyninja
    Rave_Winchester
    Thundermentalist
    VastikRoot
    windupharlequin

Clan link

Other PS4 players:

Pranksterr
    Why do you care?
    Why do you care?
    The next time it could be for a platform I don't own. It would be better if developers realised that it's a bad thing.
  • I agree with it in that context, but I thought Dante had both a PS3 and a 360. I just don't see why it would be an issue if you had both consoles.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Pretty excited to see what Bungie do in the MMO space, despite Activision's involvement.

They must have been working on this for quite some time now as i'm pretty sure there were rumours of persistant online battles for Halo 3's multiplayer back in the day.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I agree with it in that context, but I thought Dante had both a PS3 and a 360. I just don't see why it would be an issue if you had both consoles.

It's an issue if an MMO type game came out on a platform none of my friends have/use.
  • n0face wrote:
    So we're looking at COD in space?
    I'd have preferred Pigs in Space.
  • Wow. What happened to people making a game and trying to make it as good as possible for the end users to enjoy then thinking about the next game after that? Mental. 

Not bungie's fault and i doubt unique to activision just shows how the industry has 'matured' for better or worse.

Despite all the marketing wank getting in the way, i'm hopeful they can make it a good a game. 720 is fine by me, i will obviously buy it at some point so why not?
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    -Activision can terminate the contract without penalty if Destiny doesn't sell at least 5 million units in the first six months, or for any reason they please after the second expansion pack releases.

Is that how Activision managed to destroy Bizarre Creations then?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Probably.

It's not like there wouldn't be another publisher more than happy to pick them up wholesale if that happened though.

That said, I do think Bungie are rather untested outside of the Halo sphere and think they kind of lost their way a bit with the latter entries in that series.
  • I can't help thinking they got lucky with Halo. Marathon was always a bit "meh" and Myth was only a passable RTS.
  • It's not even that they lost their way for me, it was just too much Halo. Following that with a seven year plan of Destiny every year seems like a mistake, especially when the chances are that it will be a bit like Halo.

I'd still imagine they'll hit their targets for the first couple of years, after that anything can happen.
  • I_R wrote:
    It's not even that they lost their way for me, it was just too much Halo.

Likewise. Understandable in the circumstances of owning the keys to a massive cash cow, but for me, tedious nevertheless.

regards

g.man
  • Fuck Activision.
  • You guys are just bitter because old people suck at Halo.

No offense.
  • I suck at most games tbh.

:(

g.man
  • Cutting your audience down to people who are good at the game is definitely the road to disaster.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I agree with it in that context, but I thought Dante had both a PS3 and a 360. I just don't see why it would be an issue if you had both consoles.
    It's an issue if an MMO type game came out on a platform none of my friends have/use.
    True enough, though conversely also means all your interested friends who have multiple consoles will pick it up on the same system as you. Assuming they want the game anywhere near launch, of course.
  • Nexx wrote:
    You guys are just bitter because old people suck at Halo. No offense.

It has no roller skates, parrot guns or pirate costumes. That's fail for me.
‹ Previous12345671705

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!