Street Fighter 6! Open world!
‹ Previous123456715
  • Coming to ps5! (And apparently Xbox)
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Game Tags to fight with!

TheBoyRoberts - Woodthorpe
    Eric - Yippeekiyey1980
    Hylian Elf - Hylian elf
    RedDave2 - RedDave360
    Dogfingers - Dogfingers
    Afgavinstan - Afgavinstan
    Dubs - Dave - (3371455131 )
    Lurch666 - Lurch666
    Kestla - Ke5tla
    Tigersgogrrr - Tigerrr
    Regmcfly - regmcfly

Fight Club - BearAndBadger
    (go to options; CFN; Clubs and then look for the option to search for club by name)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m planning to give this a go. Not really put any proper time into a fightman since Soul Calibur on the DC, I think it might be time.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Give me Makoto Capcom or I will stick to USF4 and 3rd Strike!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Open world? Seriously? Or ripping on another game dev fad?

In other news, where's my Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 2, you bastards?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Whoa whoa whoa, get in line, we're due a new Power Stone release first.
  • I might give it a go but the trailer fooled me into thinking it was a new Final Fight so I'm approaching it disappointed.
  • I’ll play it, but I have zero confidence in CapCom now making a great fighter.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Whoa whoa whoa, get in line, we're due a new Power Stone release first.

MvC3, best of three to decide?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa, get in line, we're due a new Power Stone release first.

MvC3, best of three to decide?

This exists already m8 I'm fairly sure.

• Oh I see what you may be saying.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I might give it a go but the trailer fooled me into thinking it was a new Final Fight so I'm approaching it disappointed.

From Joffo's twits:

Joffo.png
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm interested in Battle Hub, which I'll bet is some shitty attempt at a virtual Evo, rather than the coop hub I'd love it to be. Get some multiplayer team battles in there.
  • The open world stuff looks meh

Buzzing that the standard vs is coming to xbox tho. The open wotrld bit will get ignored
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I blame Elden Ring.
  • This game and this divsion of Capcom do not deserve to be in two threads at the same time. Predicto - this will stink and people will play it anyway because it's Street Fighter, even if you can find the things that Street Fighter does being done better in a bunch of other games at this point.

For your own sanity, people itt who didn't see the fightman thread please play Guilty Gear Strive (or King of Fighters XV if you are feeling brave) if you want to play a recent fighting game, or the last Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur 6 if you want some big single player campaigns and lots of unlocks and things to do with just you and the AI. 

Anyway, to illustrate my point about Capcom once again in case you didnt see it in the fightman thred of cool dudes, here's the Akuma reveal for SFV and then the reveal for when he was a guest character in a different game but actually managed to get written into the lore in a way that doesn't suck - on top of being translated into a completely different set of game mechanics insanely well. Capcom had an additional 11 months to prepare the reveal trailer for one of the most beloved characters in their flagship fighting game title. Only one of the two trailers below actually understood the assignment. 

I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud, but SNK, Arcsys, NetherRealm and Namco (and also Namco/Sora for Smash Ultimate) have all managed to actually release games in a finished state unlike Capcom - and Namco and Arcsys also managed to also put out additional fighting games with Soul Cal 6 and DBFZ & Blaz Blue without those games being dead on arrival unlike Marvel vs Capcom Infinite which managed to throw almost an entire decade of good will off the back of MvC3 into the bin in one fell swoop. 

tl:dr Capcom bad, stop giving their fighting game division your money, they stink out loud. Capcom please give the licence to a company that wont run the production on a shoestring and outsource character modelling and animations to random third parties because you don't want to maintain an in-house team or pay for a proper outsourced team like Dimps for SF4 because Street Fighter is just an afterthought behind Resident Evil and Monster Hunter at this point.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Is Soul Calibur VI decent solo then? It's £7 on PSN at the mo, was eyeing it up for a blast through the campaign. Haven't played one properly since the Dreamcast days.
  • I've enjoyed my time with it. Loading times are a bit of a joke though.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is Soul Calibur VI decent solo then? It's £7 on PSN at the mo, was eyeing it up for a blast through the campaign. Haven't played one properly since the Dreamcast days.

It's worth it for £7, imo, plenty of stuff to mess around with in there. 

As gav says the loading times can be a bit ehhh. 

Escape can surely provide us with a suitable highlight reel if required.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • PS5 tho, I'm sure that's supposed to improve load times for last gen games. Or maybe that's just an X/S thing. Think I'll grab it, thanks.
  • Pretty sure they were still gash even with the SSD. Still, plenty of fun to be had for the price of a few ham wraps.
  • Rudge has the general right of it. It's infuriating that anyone wanting a modern footsie fighter with less than tiresome quantities of combowang is basically locked to SF, they're pure coasting. I keep hoping something plucky and attractive is going to spring up from the small-studio space but the trend there is still hectic stuff in the mould of Marvel/GG, so.
  • My main problem is that the three friends I play with, only play SFV. I have been unsuccessful in trying to get them to play GG or KoF with me. :(
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Guilty Gear much cop?
  • I’ve not managed to get into it for above reasons. But from what little I played, seems a bit of a change (combo and speed wise) to previous iteration which I just need to get used to I suppose.
  • Strive has been made more new player friendly by making some things "simpler" like the combo system, and by reducing the instances in which your character can be knocked around like a ping pong ball if you fuck up. So it's probably the best point to get into GG if you've never played it before, even if the new changes have limited player freedom during matches a bit. 

It's definitely the most neutral and footsies based it's ever been though since the changes prevent a lot of the going buck wild on your opponent when they make a big enough mistake.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm ready to punch people with my fightstick again
  • I still think the animations look horribly stiff.

Check out the hurricane kicks Ryu does in the commentary trailer for the worst example.
  • Ooh just saw that DNF Duel is out on 28 June!  FUCK YOU, CAPCOM!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I feel like I'm just waiting for Tekken 8 to disappoint now to complete the pack.

Is Mortal Kombat 11 the only mainstream fightman without a deeper predecessor? Think it might be.

[edit]

Oh, about modern controls... we've had them before and they've been a handicap for experienced players, but in SF6 I'm wondering if a reduction in combo damage might be offset by immediate supers and the like.

In theory, there could even be a situation of pros using modern for some characters and classic for others.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!