theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Apparently we don't have a Crysis 3 thread, possibly because whenever it's mentioned it's followed by everyone saying how much they hate Crysis.

Anyhoo, just been playing the multiplayer 'beta' and dare I say it, it's actually pretty good. Remember the spies vs mercs multiplayer in Splinter Cell, well it's kinda like that*. One team of stealth enabled bow equipped Hunters take on a team of gun equipped soldiers. If you die as a hunter you come back as a hunter. If you die as a soldier you come back as a hunter and, um, hunt your former team mates. As a hunter points are awarded on kills, as a soldier points are awarded for surviving as long as possible. It all moves a long at a rapid pace and you're never out of the action for more than a couple of seconds.

I'm sure there are other more trad modes but I enjoyed this tense Aliensesque proximity sensor pinging spin on things.

'beta' available now till middle of next month on all platforms.

EDIT: *and Halo Infected, apparently.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yes but talk about the graffux
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I did wonder when I first saw the trailer for this new game mode, do the CELL guys actually stand a chance? Seems simple enough for a hunter to get a stealth bow kill then snowball it to victory.

And people hate Crysis 2. Crysis is still amazing.
  • Sounds like Infected from Halo. I enjoy those modes. Sure other games have similar modes. Can get tense on a good map.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • If this does what 2 promised, and blends a bit more of what the original had into it, i'll be a happy chap.
  • Yeah, very infected. Not a massive fan, however, the asymetrical idea is a good one though. I'd prefer it if it went a bit more like Splinter Cell's version, tbh, as that has an objective. Very very cool.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I did wonder when I first saw the trailer for this new game mode, do the CELL guys actually stand a chance? Seems simple enough for a hunter to get a stealth bow kill then snowball it to victory. And people hate Crysis 2. Crysis is still amazing.

Well there's a few things that balance it out.

The bow is a bit of a handful. You need to draw it before taking a shot and if you miss it takes a second or so to wind up again. Your move speed is severely limited with it drawn. On the other hand the hit detection is pretty generous so it is usable.

The soldiers get good indication when a hunter is near and they can throw out a 'grenade' that produces a short area of effect revealing any cloaked hunters. As a hunter if you're moving you're not completely cloaked anyway.

The main thing though that evens it all out is during an overall round you play both sides 3 (I think) times as mini rounds, so the final score chart takes into account your performance on both sides.

One thing I really liked/appreciated, was if things get up close and personal you automatically do a melee when pressing the right trigger. No grasping for the melee button.
  • Have you guys seen the seven wonders of crysis videos? I haven't watched any of them yet, just seen people posting them on Facebook http://www.ea.com/uk/crysis-3/videos
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Ea/crytek fail.  The videos don't work on an iPad from the ea website or the crytek one.
  • I liked Crysis 2. I know I'm in a minority but still, I enjoyed playing through the SP a lot and even dabbled in the MP a little. If I had more time I probably would've gotten more into it.

There are too many games out around the time Crysis 3 is out so I won't pick it up straight away but will keep it on the back burner.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Game are doing an offer where if you pre-order the Hunter (or something) edition, you get a code to download Crysis 1.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Game are doing an offer where if you pre-order the Hunter (or something) edition, you get a code to download Crysis 1.
    This did tempt me but I think I'll just wait for Crysis 3 to get to £20 before I bother, and then it will only be if there has been favourable reviews from you lot...
  • i also liked crysis 2 it had some great moments
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    This did tempt me but I think I'll just wait for Crysis 3 to get to £20 before I bother, and then it will only be if there has been favourable reviews from you lot...
    LazyGunn wrote:
    i also liked crysis 2 it had some great moments
    Maybe I'll not listen to you lot then, I thought Crysis 2 was shite...!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    no taste!
    Everybody has taste, it is the differences that we judge from!

Saying that I think that taste does appear to have a direct correlation with lottery wins. You have an artistic side and I am presuming that with a vast amount of money you would do something interesting, with me I already have the CNC machine and large format printer ready to order so that I can get involved in interior/exterior design and produce my own furniture and artworks yet neither of us have yet to win a large fortune*. Then you look at some of the winners of the lottery, you have the Lotto Lout that hasn't got a pot left to piss in, you have the people who are happy to just buy a new stair carpet and leave the rest in the bank and there was even one female receptionist who despite proclaiming a love of cars went out and bought an Astra convertible despite having enough money to buy any car she wanted!

* I should maybe do it a bit more often than a lucky dip once in a while!
  • i was only joking you know, but now my mind has exploded
  • Do not understand the Crysis 2 hate. Adored that game, and hoping for more of the same from Crysis 3.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Watched the first two '7 wonders of Crysis' vids on youtube, pretty slick stuff.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    Do not understand the Crysis 2 hate. Adored that game, and hoping for more of the same from Crysis 3.
    I'm bored of linear games and coupled with that I found that every mission was the same for me, cloak, kill, hide and regen, rinse and repeat.

I just didn't like it which was a kick in the guts after being so hyped for it, if it wasn't for the 3D I doubt I'd have even bothered finishing it.

Watched the first two '7 wonders of Crysis' vids on youtube, pretty slick stuff.
    That's just how I was after watching the 'making of' vids that they released prior to 2's launch.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Shinji wrote:
    Do not understand the Crysis 2 hate. Adored that game, and hoping for more of the same from Crysis 3.
    I'm bored of linear games and coupled with that I found that every mission was the same for me, cloak, kill, hide and regen, rinse and repeat.

Surely that's your own fault of repeating the same tactics over and over? I'd be bored pretty shitless too if all I did was the same thing on repeat.
  • I guess that it gives you the option to do that could be considered a flaw.

It may be linear in the macro sense but I treated each area like a mini sandbox. The game allows for tonnes of diversity in how you approach each area. You can make it about spamming the cloak but that, like DS implied, is missing the point
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's not missing the point if that's what you like doing. But I don't really see the point of repeating it when you do have other options if you're not enjoying it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Shinji wrote:
    Surely that's your own fault of repeating the same tactics over and over? I'd be bored pretty shitless too if all I did was the same thing on repeat.

Trialslol.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Boom headshot.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    haha!

I was on the hardest difficulty so the options were limited, you couldn't run about so that left one option, to cloak.

I've just watched the vids and I wouldn't get enjoyment from jumping about knowing that the enemy can't really kill me, I want my enemy to provide a challenge, Borderlands 2 had this pretty much nailed for me. One more thing, if the 360 was throwing out the graphics seen in those vids I'd be there from day one regardless of how much I didn't like 2.
  • Crysis Warhead is the best game ever.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Trialslol.

Except Trials mixes it up with different techniques on every track, so sorry like.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I liked Crysis 2. I know I'm in a minority but still, I enjoyed playing through the SP a lot and even dabbled in the MP a little. If I had more time I probably would've gotten more into it.

There are too many games out around the time Crysis 3 is out so I won't pick it up straight away but will keep it on the back burner.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 as well. It did grate towards the end of the single player campaign though.

Didn't touch the MP.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    My problem with Crysis 2 is that it's a blatant step back from the first game. Crytek came from making a PC focused title, Farcry, to essentially making Crysis the sequel and including a kick arse nanosuit. They took the lauded freedom of engagement in wide open spaces (without being open world) of Farcry and gave you super powers. You could stalk North Korean soldiers for hours if you wanted to, carefully planning how to demolish the small farm that they'd turned into an outpost in the jungle. Kill them off one by one with a silenced weapon or cloak up to them and maximum strength knock them for six through a wall, throw a grenade in the throng to scatter them (enjoying the impressive physics engine that allowed you cut down trees with gunfire and collapse tin roofs that just wasn't there in Crysis 2) and just have a ton more options than any of the engagements I had in the second game.

I didn't dislike the aliens in the first game half as much as most people seem to since I think they were a good palette cleanser and looked dead cool. I think they were made even more boring to fight in the second game and the imagination behind the flying squid design was turned into typical shit. Even their alien ships that looked beautiful in the first game looked naff here. Together with making the game more like a corridor shooter in setting and gameplay, they changed the aliens to be more plodding and plain shit.

Also there's the difference in difficulty. Crysis 1 had it so it was fairly easy to play around with NK troops but if you got too cocky they'd gun you down in seconds even with Maximum Armour. Crysis 2, however........

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also worth a footnote is the utter dire plot in the second game. Making the Nanosuits into some weird bonding with previous wearers minds thing was not needed. Nor was the link with alien tech.
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!