CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    One thing i gotta add - i was using the Wii-U Pro controller with the Gamepad (as almost an option screen), and as useful as it is/was, that split second when you take your eyes off the TV, to fiddle with the touch-screen and use a Potion etc, is a second where you're not looking at the actual TV, which can lead to much pain and suffering!

Also, the Wii-U Pro's button are too close together and too low compared the the CC-Pro, which lead to alot of fumbling. That can be remedied in time, but still.
  • Looks like I'll need to put more time into the demo to get used to the control set-up before diving straight in on launch day. Also meant to say in my last post that it really is quite something to see the game in HD. It was enough to make a wyvern weep.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The 1080p characters are stunning!
  • I've just picked up Tri for the Wii. Anyone still play this? I'm online but rather baffled...
  • Played again on the train home.  Got on better but still hate the control scheme on the 3DS.  I was using a combination of d-pad, left trigger, and virtual d-pad.

Underwater is just horrible but that's more than just the controls.  I can't judge how far or close I am away from Plesi.

Tempted to just start a new playthrough on P3rd using Dual Swords or something.  Perfect camera controls and no underwater rubbish.
  • @stonechalice I haven't played Tri for a long time. Put around 100 hours into it but with MH3U weeks away, I think I'm pretty much done with it. Like mrsmr2, I'm not a huge fan of the underwater sections either. Portable 3rd is my favourite in the series so far. No underwater sections, lovely visuals and a streamlined farm. I haven't heard if some of the changes in Portable 3rd have made it into MH3U but I really hope so.

About to dive into Portable 3rd in a bit to sharpen the skills.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    What's being able to look left with the LB but not right with the RB all about?

On 3DS?

LB doesn't look left, it snaps your view to whichever direction the character is facing.

--

I didn't like this at all. No online puts it on the pointless pile.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I didn't like this at all. No online puts it on the pointless pile.

buy a wii u lol
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    So Im going back to Portable 3rd also. Im running the HD version on PS3. Im guessing that since im running it through adhoc party for online party, Im good to join PSP players? Im sure ive done it before but its been a while. Last time I played online it was JMW and me, both on the HD version.

If anyones up for doing a party meet up I could be game. I havent really done any on the main quests online.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I've really got this stuck in my head to get. Time to start scrounging, sigh.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've just picked up Tri for the Wii. Anyone still play this? I'm online but rather baffled...

I've got Tri as a local store was having a firesale and had the edition with the Pro Pad for $10, which I couldn't turn down. Sadly the multiplayer is region locked, so I can't help you out there.

However, you should probably stick to offline for a bit anyway, the game is perfectly playable on your tod (unlike the PSP editions which always seemed a bit gimped without a party to me), and you'll quite quickly get your head around things.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Tri is ok solo until you hit the later HRs where you need to grind 50 bajillion drops to make some pants.  Then quick multiple kills in groups are your friends.  Unfortunately, I only ever hit HR 50 in Tri and could never find a good group to take down that particular boss.  Joined up with Swirl for a bit and started edging closer but then he left the country.  How selfish.

In Tri just build up your gear methodically and you should do ok.  It's not as hardcore as FU.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I've played the demo quite a few times now (on WiiU and 3DS), and although i've had a lot of fun re-familiarising myself with the game, it really is a terrible demo and is sure to put a lot of people off from buying the full game.

Once I was used to the GamePad it felt good, 2nd screen not as handy as i'd expected. I think the full game allows for a lot UI customisation though so we shall see.

3DS brought me back to the days of PSP, played just like I remember and I actually found the virtual d-pad for camera control a handy addition. Not perfect for the underwater bits but serviceable at least, and the new lock-on feature certainly helped.

Also, love the switch Axe.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Vastik wrote:
    3DS brought me back to the days of PSP, played just like I remember and I actually found the virtual d-pad for camera control a handy addition. Not perfect for the underwater bits but serviceable at least, and the new lock-on feature certainly helped. Also, love the switch Axe.

The d-pad on the touch screen was indeed a great stand in for a second stick. I'm a bit narked that you can't use a CPP on the demo, I hope this doesn't indicate that the full game won't support it.

Regarding the GamePad screen, I think we'll see it's true functionality in the full game. Switching between items will still be handled by L plus A or Y, but using the touch screen for what would have been handled in that clunky as feck menu in MH3T should make things a lot more intuitive in MH3U.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • As much as I've tried to convince myself that I could live with the control scheme on the 3DS, all the demo has done is remind me to play P3rd again.

What bliss, being able to move and rotate the camera at the same time.

I've been messing with dual Nargas, comparing Switch Axe, Long Sword, Sword and Shield, and Bow times.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Hearing mixed things about the Wii U and 3DS version. I was eyeing up getting one with the console but I may just stick with P3rd on PS3 as Im used to the twin sticks.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Vastik wrote:
    3DS brought me back to the days of PSP, played just like I remember and I actually found the virtual d-pad for camera control a handy addition. Not perfect for the underwater bits but serviceable at least, and the new lock-on feature certainly helped. Also, love the switch Axe.

The d-pad on the touch screen was indeed a great stand in for a second stick. I'm a bit narked that you can't use a CPP on the demo, I hope this doesn't indicate that the full game won't support it.

Regarding the GamePad screen, I think we'll see it's true functionality in the full game. Switching between items will still be handled by L plus A or Y, but using the touch screen for what would have been handled in that clunky as feck menu in MH3T should make things a lot more intuitive in MH3U.

Full game 100% supports it. Hell, they're releasing the CPPXL on the same day as MH3U in the UK.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Full game 100% supports it. Hell, they're releasing the CPPXL on the same day as MH3U in the UK.

Suh-weeeeeet. Got a source on the CPPXL? A mate of mine in the UK has an XL and is thinking of importing a CPPXL from Japan.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think it's up for pre-order on a few places.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've passed on the message, hopefully he'll be able to get a CPPXL without having to get one shipped from the other side of the planet.
  • I imported a CCPXL last month since I have mgs3 and revelations on the 3ds. Didnt know it was coming out here though.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Well, just had my first moment of clicking somewhat with the demo (wii u version). Took in a switch axe to the easy battle and didnt get knocked out once. Got in safely a good three hits, then rolled away, rinse, repeat and run around/sheath weapon etc for avoiding his belly slides.

Obviously this is a very low level revelation, in context of the full game I suspect this is about as significant as jumping on the first motobug in sonic. But for me it suggests the game has potential to be more engrossing and satisfying when a simple change in strategy immediately yields success.

Thanks to the demo, I understand what the game is somewhat about and will probably pick it up next month.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I can now add Plesioth to my list of achievements in the demo. Took nearly the full 20 minutes, but managed to do it despite having only an hour or two worth of experience with the series (all in this demo).

Gone from a probable to definite buy now. Its just one of those games that has clicked for me nicely.
  • Well done.  Plesi is one of the most annoying monsters in the series.

I'm only about 50/50 in my attempts, using a variety of weapons.  It depends how much of a dick it is being at the time.

Bow and Light Bowgun are very effective against it as they work well underwater.
  • I'm running 50/50 too on both demo quests. Haven't tried the ranged weapons yet, might do tomorrow then if you say they're good underwater.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Great News: Capcom are releasing a patch shortly after launch that allows cross-region online play between the EU and US (Wii-U version, obviously).

Glad to see they've realised the error of their ways.
  • 13 hrs and I still can't stand the underwater fighting.

They put pointless, gimmicky motion controls on the Wii version (not ccp obviously) but then don't use gyro controls on this which could really help with swimming up and down
  • Curtis wrote:
    Great News: Capcom are releasing a patch shortly after launch that allows cross-region online play between the EU and US (Wii-U version, obviously). Glad to see they've realised the error of their ways.

More importantly playable on only on the game pad ! Color me interested now !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Me too, that could be a clincher.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That's only news to you pussy-whipped fools.  ;)  :p

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!