I Wanna Get It On With Jahbulon : The Shmups/STG Thread
  • Spent an hour chasing Fenton's score yesterday. Managed to beat it you'll be pleased to know fella. 

Been watching this run for some tips:

Will add you later on stormy.

@lawro

My copy of Muchi Pork is my pension.
  • ahah 50% in a year isn't bad at all.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • My scores aren't going to give you much trouble I'm afraid Pablo. As much as I love these games, I'm irredeemably shit at them.  

After my 9 continue first run through, I've spent most of my (short, thanks to Trials) playing time on Origin score attack. 6,635,170 is the best I've managed before the second boss inevitably finishes me off.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I'm loving Bug Princess 2 on ios, it's a very fascinating, organic experience playing it with that touch control thingy - now when the weather is becoming increasingly warmer I really feel how the amount of stickiness on your fingers can be the difference between death and survival.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Get it on Xbox, it's Cave's best.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    The thing is, I practically bought this iTouch that I’m playing it on for Cave’s shooters (as well as some adventure games).

But of course you’re right, if this really is Cave’s best game – and I’m inclined to agree already – I should just do as you say.

I especially love the soundtrack. The first Cave soundtrack where I constantly find myself humming along beneath all the explosions and madness.

So, know a good place to buy it?
  • Yeah, I also bought an iTouch for Cave's games.
    Bug Princess 2 on Xbox Mushihimesama Futari. It's pretty cheap at £24.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Cheers mate, I never would have found it for that - very reasonable - kind of money.
  • My scores aren't going to give you much trouble I'm afraid Pablo. As much as I love these games, I'm irredeemably shit at them.   After my 9 continue first run through, I've spent most of my (short, thanks to Trials) playing time on Origin score attack. 6,635,170 is the best I've managed before the second boss inevitably finishes me off.

Watch that video I posted earlier chap, you can beat that score in the first 15 seconds of stage 1 after a few goes.

makes you feel like scrooge mcduck this game - needs more gold for me pool.
  • I think I was missing a trick, that'll teach me to ignore tutorials.
  • Don't think I'm playing it properly either, judging by that vid. I'm going to have to put some time into finding which mode I like best and learning how to play it, if I can drag myself away from the Trials weekly comp that is.
  • Yeah, I also bought an iTouch for Cave's games. Bug Princess 2 on Xbox Mushihimesama Futari. It's pretty cheap at £24.

Am I right in thinking this is region free? I have never played a Cave game and I'm looking for an entry point, planning on buying a 360 in the very near future so this might be a good first game for it.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Mouldywarp wrote:
    Yeah, I also bought an iTouch for Cave's games. Bug Princess 2 on Xbox Mushihimesama Futari. It's pretty cheap at £24.

Am I right in thinking this is region free? I have never played a Cave game and I'm looking for an entry point, planning on buying a 360 in the very near future so this might be a good first game for it.

Yeah, it, Espgaluda 2 and Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets are, also. There are a better selection of modes, too. You might like some of the Arrange modes, especially on Mushi Futari. Did you know Guwange is on XBLA? If not, sort that out 'cause Guwange is great.
  • Cool. I was really into these types of games maybe about 10 years ago but since then I've sort of lost touch with the genre a bit.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • I've returned to them as I think big budget stuff has kind of plateaued, hence the thread title. I used to practically live in a snooker hall when I was a kid playing stuff like Flying Shark, Slapfight and Tiger Heli.
    I also like how 30 mins every now and again with a good shooter can sort out my gaming itch for weeks.
  • Dammit, you guys are on UK version so won't show on leaderboards for me, right?  Lawro, you gonna update original post with scores?  Might fire up Akai now and check what my score is. Haven't played it in ages so it would be good to get back into it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Are we going there?
  • I've returned to them as I think big budget stuff has kind of plateaued, hence the thread title. I used to practically live in a snooker hall when I was a kid playing stuff like Flying Shark, Slapfight and Tiger Heli. I also like how 30 mins every now and again with a good shooter can sort out my gaming itch for weeks.
    Same here.  I really can't be bothered with, and don't have the time for, big games anymore.
    Are we going there?

Posting scores?  Nah, leave it then.  Too much hassle I guess and it won't get checked much.
  • Ok, just checked. My Akai score is 60,152,557 or something like that. What are you guys getting?
  • Not great. 57 mill plus change.
  • 183m for me. Just jumped on now for a quick blast. style sheet for the forum is knackered on my machine at the moment.
  • Just got 177m (I assume Slash mode?)
  • What modes are what? My Japanese isn't very good. The default is a red title screen (Shin??), then there is a blue and a purple I think. I got my 60m on Shin.
  • I think slash is default. It's the one where you can't hover the energy around your option.
  • Purple is Climax, green is Origin and Slash is red. Slash is default.
    I was actually sitting on 71,000,000
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Should I be excited about a Big Sky game coming to Vita (and PS3)? I have to confess I've never heard of it.
  • Just got Mushi HD today. Gorgeous. After playing it on ios loads, I was fairly confident. Except I forgot how much easier a touch screen makes the game. Avoiding some of those bullets is fucking hard. Gonna checkout arrange mode tomorrow.
  • How do you guys feel about playing these kinds of games on an aracde stick?

I have the witch one on 360 and want to give it more time, not sure of how to attack it though..
  • I'm a lazy shit. I have a stick and a 23" tate monitor and use neither. I'm actually thinking of getting a Japanese 360 for my music room.
  • I'm up to 280mil on AK Slash.

Freaking love this game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!