Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • He isn't a new member of the community. Old hand, new handle.
  • Ah, I did not get max assets. Close though. My rachni decision was a bad move.

Whether the reasoning of the Reapers made sense or not - whether there was anything higher to attain in keeping order in the galaxy etc, same jawing that the dudes from old 2010 were on about - I thought the decision it forced on you was good Sci-Fi, and in keeping with the tone of the whole enterprise, especially after uniting Krogans/Turians and Geth/Quarians. The last scene, I saw as a spiritual/supernatural affair which was not intended to give a sense of weighing up all options rationally, but going with your gut feeling of how you wanted things to be in their world, and p'raps in admitting that humanity or the player is not above acknowledging a superior lifeform above them. That kind of thing.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Here we go. Turns out you need special requirements before you get to see it.

• Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I definitely preferred ME3 to 2. ME2 just felt like treading water between the mystery of 1 and the epic battle of 3. And the recruit mission + loyalty mission thing for each character made it feel very formulaic, 3 had a much more organic, realistic feel to it's narrative.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    I love that Chattinshit bloke's posting style.
    You're such a lovely sort. Always have been.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I would have very much liked a "Fuck you and fuck your arbitrary choices" decision. Thinking of the renegade sheps. It was a mistake to not allow the player more choices to argue with the kid. Very unshep like to just accept these three options.
  • I definitely preferred ME3 to 2. ME2 just felt like treading water between the mystery of 1 and the epic battle of 3. And the recruit mission + loyalty mission thing for each character made it feel very formulaic, 3 had a much more organic, realistic feel to it's narrative.

I posted about BSG on the last page, if you missed it.

I actually felt that 2 worked the best. It was structured, but I loved the structure. It felt like every film i've seen where a guy has to hire a bunch of rag tag people to save the world. Perfect, in my opinion.
  • Yeah I preferred 2. Did not like not being able to enter into a conversation thing with every character this time. Felt a little clipped on that side of things.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Perfect, in my opinion.

Suicide mission was a copout though in giving you the option to come out with no losses.
  • @Gonzo: I AM BUGUL HELLO. You are being needlessly abrasive.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Perfect, in my opinion.
    Suicide mission was a copout though in giving you the option to come out with no losses.
    How do you get no losses? Was it determined just by if you'd done their loyalty mission?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I would have very much liked a "Fuck you and fuck your arbitrary choices" decision. Thinking of the renegade sheps. It was a mistake to not allow the player more choices to argue with the kid.
    This was my biggest problem with the ending, not being able question the quite bewildering ideas you had suddenly been introduced to.
    Tempy wrote:
    I posted about BSG on the last page, if you missed it.
    Still not tempted to watch I'm afraid, I might read some synopses though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @chatshite That and your decisions on who to give what role on the mission. Which mostly is a no-brainer. Except I kept making Zaeed leader of my other team and Tali kept getting killed as a result. Jesus christ the amount of experience that man has you'd think he'd be perfect.

Also depended on buying the various ship upgrades thoughout the game.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Perfect, in my opinion.
    How do you get no losses? Was it determined just by if you'd done their loyalty mission?
    Do all loyalty missions. Make all upgrades to the ship. Choose the right characters at the right moments during the final mission.
  • monkey wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Perfect, in my opinion.
    Do all loyalty missions. Make all upgrades to the ship. Choose the right characters at the right moments during the final mission.
    Ah, Zaeed was the only guy I hadn't done the mission for, explaining his death. It is a bit cheap to be able to not have any deaths for sure.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Did not like not being able to enter into a conversation thing with every character this time.
    I think it only did that when they didn't have anything new to say though.
  • This was the biggest problem with the ending for my money, not being able question the quite bewildering ideas you had suddenly been introduced to.
    I can kind of see that, but I think the idea was that you were going through the 2001 moment of realisation jazz. The beaming up had that feeling. The character was gaining a deeper awareness of reality and all that.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    jeez, I'm shitting on a legendoftheforum. Sorry bugul! I hate that ending...
    I thought we were coo day lah.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The beaming up had that feeling. The character was gaining a deeper awareness of reality and all that.

Fair play. But i'd expect the hero Shep that he is to at least have a slight suspicion the whole thing could be an illusion or a obfuscation of some sort.

He's gotten roaringly drunk on some of the hardest liquers in the galaxy so he'd have the knowhow.
  • Did not like not being able to enter into a conversation thing with every character this time.
    I think it only did that when they didn't have anything new to say though.
    Maybe I just noticed it more, but it felt like that only happened in 2 when it wasn't a main character or you had already done the conversation tree. I noticed far fewer proper conversations this time around.
  • Fair play. But i'd expect the hero Shep that he is to at least have a slight suspicion the whole thing could be an illusion or a obfuscation of some sort.

He's gotten roaringly drunk on some of the hardest liquers in the galaxy so he'd have the knowhow
    It definitely could have been, but he was not really in a position to argue anyway, he was basically dead, and the Crucible did seem to have something behind it. So I can kind of see his being near to death and being told all of this stuff, and being aware of how close the Protheans were to solving such and such, that he would think the guy was giving him the straight dope. I don't think the dream sequences really worked, but I think that they were suggesting that what Shepherd would decide would come from somewhere other than the area which weighs up whether to ball Miranda or Jacob.
  • The area which decides to ball 'em both.
  • YES!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It becomes more of an annoyance then if you're one of the players that ended up actually bringing peace to both sides of the Geth/Quarian conflict and Shep just accepts the blue bellends logic at the end.
  • (Miranda is actually attractive as a bit of computer language. Her butt cheeks are the greatest argument for a Pro-Reaper position.)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Miranda has weird cheeks.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    It becomes more of an annoyance then if you're one of the players that ended up actually bringing peace to both sides of the Geth/Quarian conflict and Shep just accepts the blue bellends logic at the end.
    Yah fair dos.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Actually the only woman I attempted to cheat on dear Tali with was the Indian-brit lass communications gal. Who seems strangely alot like that girl from Bend it like beckham. Probably is.
  • She reminded me of the woman from I Love You Man. She's so lovely.

Also, big up on Tali love. I liked the picture scene :)
  • Tail drinking is the best thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!