Film/Video Discussion Thread
‹ Previous12345672770
  • I feel dirty but it has to be done.

That new Prometheus trailer eh? Pretty good stuff.
  • It's very good indeed.

I am excite

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We should start from the beginning, or near it.  How about that Cabinet of Dr Caligari eh?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also Prometheus trailer apparently spoiler ridden and therefore being avoided by me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Good call Skerret. What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

regards

g.man
  • I rented Moneyball. Haven't watched it yet. is it any good? It has Bobby Kotick in it. :-s

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It's great. Manages to make something quite dull very entertaining. Get it watched.

• i'm off to see the avengers soon, oh and that cabin in the woods thing.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Watching some afghan dude tell Rambo about their land and people being raped by the Russians. Also, his English is immaculate. What a larf irony overload. I guess since the cold war is over, there isn't a Russian version of Rambo 3 where they bang on about Americans raping and terrorising the afghans. What do American soldiers who would usually be into this shit say when the movie repeats ad nauseam that the Afghans have been fought on their own land several times and never been defeated. "Now go get 'em boys!"
    Rambo 2 and 3 have to be some of the worst sequels ever made.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Watched Tim And Eric's Billion Dollar Movie again this weekend. Fun, but not as mental as the show.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Yeah, was a bit of a disappointment alright. "DOBIS P, DOBIS P, DOBIS P, DOBIS P DO DO DO"
  • No embed videos on this sucker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
  • rickjoyce said:

Yeah, was a bit of a disappointment alright. "DOBIS P, DOBIS P, DOBIS P, DOBIS P DO DO DO"

It could have been so much better. A big fan of the show and the Tim And Eric Nite Live series they did too.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • rickjoyce said:

No embed videos on this sucker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g

Haha. I liked their advert for the mall too - 'I am going to murder myself if you don't come down to my new fucking mall'.
  • Watched Kill List last night.

did not like

g.man
  • Yeah, it's their first big mis step but I'm kind of glad they got it out of the way instead of people asking about it for years. It's not like it's that bad, I laughed through it but it lacks the more subversive, scary and challenging parts of some of their other work. Their work is pretty much entirely about subverting whatever medium they are in and I guess they had less to say about movies than public access tv. I think as an audience we are all way more versed in taking the piss out of the kind of movie tropes and formula that they take on in the movie so it has a lot less impact than the tv show which is something special and specific to a time. Basically low budget television production from the 80's and 90's. Not to say, that's all there is to their stuff, just maybe a reason why people didn't like the movie as much.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    g_man said:

Watched Kill List last night.

did not like

g.man

It's amazing, but Unlikely will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, The Devil Inside (lol) and 21 Jump Street tomorrow.

• g_man said:

Watched Kill List last night.

did not like

g.man

It's amazing, but Unlikely will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, The Devil Inside (lol) and 21 Jump Street tomorrow.

I wasn't a massive fan of Kill List either. It was average at best.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd try to justify why it's amazing but nah, I'll deal with my impeccable taste amiriteyeah.
  • Skerret said:

Also Prometheus trailer apparently spoiler ridden and therefore being avoided by me.

Watched it last night during C4's Homeland, wasn't that spoilerific.  Still not feeling the love for it though.  Why doesn't Ridley just ditch Alien and start anew with a fresh sci-fi tale?

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    <3 Michael Fassbender <3 

Been watching Friday Night Lights on the box as well. Good stuff. 
  • Avengers was good. Plenty of laughs and the final battle is a glorious example of how to do a mass battle with multiple characters and not get lost in it. 
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kill List was good you heathens. 
  • Kill List was excellent, the ending was the best thing about it
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I'm liking that Prometheus trailer. Can Scott pull it off though, he's a terrible old softy these days.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haven't seen the Prometheus trailer. How spoilerific is it?
  • Avengers was pretty awesome. They really built up the last third and the hulk was as big a threat as he should be.

also liked how colourful and funny it was. really kept it from being dull. also: Galaga bit was amazing.
  • regmcfly said:

Haven't seen the Prometheus trailer. How spoilerific is it?

It might lay out the plot, although a bit of misdirection is possible.
    Spoiler:
    A more crass production team might sell it as an Alien reboot.
  • Just catching up with last nights Homeland and that trailer came as an immense surprise....

A very good surprise....

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Watched Mulan for the first time last night on C5 and it was excellent. Surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
  • Considering downloading The Avengers Initiative. A fan edit of all the Marvel films (including the Marvel one-shots) in chronological order. 13GB though.
‹ Previous12345672770

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!