Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    8721133618_56a3c8a9cf.jpg

In celebration of 15 years of Gran Turismo, I thought we should all meet up for a set of races. News of the future of Gran Turismo is set to be announced on the 15th May. 
    When will the race be?:

I am thinking that Wednesday 15th May would be a fitting date for a meet up. Allowing us all to discuss all the news Gran Turismo.

Chamonix+East%25282%2529.jpg
    Who can join?:
    Anyone is welcome to join who owns Gran Turismo 5 and of course a PS3.
    Fuji+Speedway+F%25288%2529.jpg
    Things to do before race day:
    -Update the game! For some this could be a huge task as the game has had many,many updates. A new one was released just a few days ago.
    -Do the optional install of the game. Its around 8gb and I recommend doing it so online runs a lot smoother and cuts down on installing during play.
    -Charge your mic as it will be needed but your still free to join if you dont have one.
    -Make sure you have a car for each of the events, things like a NASCAR and a go kart and a car capable of rally courses.
    Superspeedway+-+Indy%25287%2529.jpg
    Race lineup:
    Im thinking were kick off with a few warm up races then jump in to some proper racing. Events like:
    Rally course race
    Go-Karts tournament
    NASCAR event
    Drift event
    F1 cars
    Red Bull X2010 race
    Im sure we will land up just doing NASCAR and go karts but at least I tried.

Well the word is out and we shall kick things off for about 7:30 to 8pm for a few hours. Lobby allows upto 16 players so first come first serve, By that I mean hopefully we get 16 players. I have put the word out on Twitter and have 5 confirmed at the moment with 2 maybes so just let me know if your down. The date is open for change as I know some of you may want to watch Apprentice at 9pm. 
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I don't have Gran Turismo.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    the apprentice?
    the shiny faced argumentative cum guzzlers!
    you sick badgers.

im in.

jmw pick it up pal for less than a tenner.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • It's been a while since i've played GT5, I'm certainly up for this. Unless I'm going home on that day (wont be bringing my PS3), which I might be. :/
  • I'l try to make it, but i'm training on wednesday, so may be jumping in a little late
  • Ill do my best to make an appearance although I've barely played this particular game,I have enjoyed previous. Is there an easy way to make sure I have the necessary cars?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This entire thread seems to be mainly proving just how retro the idea of playing games on the PS3 is.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    how so?

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just the general lack of interest despite an awesome OP.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    it is quite an old game with a large barrier to entry though.
    (8gig install and LOTS of updates)

despite that retro already says he has 5 in the op, quite a lot of the old ps3 crowd dont post here or even read here anymore for obvious reasons.  (steveo, zoom, rock, etc.)

twitter and psn seems to be the organising mass sessions places now.

@retro: i have a few more ex members interested too. 
    (not any of the ones i mentioned though).

• I'd love to, but for me it's definitely the barrier of entry thing. I'd have to get Gt5 back off a friend, then  re-install and update it from scratch. 

My internet not being the greatest, that'd probably take an entire day. It's just too much hassle for a few hours of racing unfortunately. My friend loves the thing so I'd be giving it back to him anyways.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    @Daviedigi just let me know the numbers Im sure it will be fine.

Im hoping if enough join then we may be able to get a routine night a week to race? True though, a lot of the regulars didnt make the jump over so it was always going to be a struggle to get the thread going. I just thought if i put all the info in one place it will make it easier.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It's hard enough arranging stuff on a console that comes bundled with a mic and that allows you to jump straight into a party without first booting up the game as it is, I can't even begin to imagine the hardship involved in organising anything for a console that even without all these things will more than likely have a 3 hour update to contend with as well...
  • Right, if HMV still have a pre-owned Academy in stock, I'm in.
  • ...aaaand they did.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Better get installing the weeks worth of updates
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What's the difference between Academy and GT5?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Academy gets you all the DLC bundled in via codes, I think it has the all the updates up to a point already on the disk.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Ill do my best to make an appearance although I've barely played this particular game,I have enjoyed previous. Is there an easy way to make sure I have the necessary cars?
    I think you get given a go kart when it first got introduced, If not they are cheap as anything. All the other cars can be found by just going into your garage and changing the options on the side, Like manufacturer or power or drive train etc. The only one you may not have is the GT F1 car, But now you can buy it from the online dealership. Costs a pretty penny though, like 5 million or something. If you let us know what you dont have then one of us may have a spare we can send over to you.

Im going to go through all the online options later and make up a track list and race conditions list.
  • Thanks. I know I have (and loved) a kart. Might check what else I have later if I can get the wife and babies to bed early.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Good stuff! I seem to remember there being 2 different Karts? The newer one was slightly faster? I also forgot how you have a cash cap. Once you hit 20 million, you cant earn anymore and it doesnt stack or anything. Just blew 12 mill on a load of bangers.

Il go make up some race schedules now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    iv been on today, needed to change oil in a load of cars, saving up for a f1 car.

• RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    The FGT one? I may have a spare, Il go have a look
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Any really, gave mine away ages ago and then realised I didn't have a spare.

• RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Well thats a bit shit. I didnt have a spare F1 car but I did have a spare 5 million so I bought it, Went to send it and got the message "This car cannot be gifted to friends" Im hoping its a bug or something. Il look into it, Also noticed I have 2 X2010 if no one has one? to be one is 20 million!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Right it seems an update came out a while ago to stop the gifting of cars worth over a million. Reason being is it was to stop people from passing the X2010 around and doing the duplicate glitch. Its all coming back to me now. So yeah ignore my offer of a X2010 the game says NO
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    oh yeh forgot about that, iv got 2 mill now so not far to go.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I came in to say I had a couple of X2010s going...

I don't see how glitching mattered to any sensible person? It offered no online advantage, and if you're good enough to be quick in an X2010 then you're good enough to unlock one (albeit through grinding).
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    you joining us on wednesday scape?

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd like to, but it depends on whether I can be at home.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    @daviedigi

Cog it up to 720p.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!