Resident Evil
‹ Previous123456780
  • I got Resident Evil 2 for the playstation as a present for being confirmed in the Catholic faith which I have since distanced myself from. That game and others in the series have a very strong nostalgic pull for me. As an added bonus, some of the games in the series are quite fun. Some have inspired mechanics that became commonplace in other games. Some have been designed as part of an incredibly shallow cashgrab. This is a place to talk about any of this massive amount of shit that has the name Resident Evil on it.

XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Resident Evil, the Nintendo Gamecube remake of the Original PS1 game is now available for XB1, 360, PS3, PS4 and PC! Now in HD.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    well chris and wesker are in marvel vs capcom 3 ..does that count?

and operation racoon city is SHITE!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Sure, I'm not a stickler. Any old guff concerning the franchise is welcome here.
  • daviedigi said:

well chris and wesker are in marvel vs capcom 3 ..does that count?

and operation racoon city is SHITE!

Yes, Operation Rac city is an unremarkable mess indeed. No amount of nostalgia could save it. 
  • I'd love a return to Resi's of old.  Sure, the times now demand moar action but I do like a good ol' survival horror plod.  RE4 struck a good balance but really, 5 was mince.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    operation racoon city is among the worst games iv ever bought/rented.
    (thank fuck it were a lovefilm rental)

im quite hype for resi 6 after the could have been so good resi 5 and awesome 4.
    as long as the mercenarys make a return i should be golden.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Webbins said:

I'd love a return to Resi's of old.  Sure, the times now demand moar action but I do like a good ol' survival horror plod.  RE4 struck a good balance but really, 5 was mince.

the dlc mission with the mansion in resi 5 was very nostalgic and harked back to the survival style of old.
    it were really good for fans and non fans alike.

• I do like that trailer for 6.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Webbins said:

I'd love a return to Resi's of old.  Sure, the times now demand moar action but I do like a good ol' survival horror plod.  RE4 struck a good balance but really, 5 was mince.

Yeah, I thought the dlc for 5, 'Lost in Nightmares' was a pretty effective experiment in how tense you can make a co-op experience. It looks like the Leon segment of 6 is going to pay some lip service to more traditional RE fare. Looks like Capcom is trying the kitchen sink approach this time, which could go either way really.
  • New trailer and demo playthrough for Res 6. Looking forward to the demo next month.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    I got Resident Evil 2 for the playstation as a present for being confirmed in the Catholic faith which I have since distanced myself from.

Given how the two panned out it's debatable which one you'd have been better sticking with.
  • I love the Resi Evil series (even the films to a certain extent) and I can't wait for Resi 6. After Resi 4, I am a sucker for any game they release in the main cannon. I'm not overly fussed by the spin offs, mainly because they are a bit shit.
    I think Resi 6 is going to be very ambitious and a blast. As long as they pull it off.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • My friend likes ORC. Does he have bad taste? He also likes Twilight.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I love the Resi Evil series (even the films to a certain extent) and I can't wait for Resi 6. After Resi 4, I am a sucker for any game they release in the main cannon. I'm not overly fussed by the spin offs, mainly because they are a bit shit. I think Resi 6 is going to be very ambitious and a blast. As long as they pull it off.

If you've got a 3DS, I can recommend Revelations. It's not as good as 4, but it's better than 5. Has some pretty horrific difficulty spikes, though.

I'm hoping 6 is good. I wasn't one of the people that hated 5 (I bought a ton of DLC for it so I must have enjoyed it) but I'm aware it didn't have that special something that made 4 amazing. The videos that have come out of E3 of 6 reminded me of both Gears of War and Call of Duty at the same time. I guess they're giving up on survival horror and going for balls-out action horror.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Have they abandoned forced co-op in this? I hate co-op unless it's with someone I'm not carrying.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • As far as I am aware, the three storylines will focus on three slightly different styles. So a melee style, a action shooter and a more horror based. However, I was under the impression that Leon's was the survival horror and it certainly didn't look like one. There is a real sense of confusion regarding this, I have no idea what it will be like.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Have they abandoned forced co-op in this? I hate co-op unless it's with someone I'm not carrying.

They've assigned partners for each section, so it doesn't look like it unfortunately. Still, the important thing is to accept the change and just play co op, even with a random if you have to, instead of ruining it by trying to play with the ai. I wouldn't even bother with 5 or 6(most likely) if you don't have someone to play through it with.
  • Ah the AI wasn't that bad in 5. Just had to compensate, and that's something that can be interesting in a survival horror.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • This looks insanely slick. Love the locations they have shown and it seems to have a scope that was missing from 4 & 5. Cover, diving in Max Payne style and running in that manner seems a tad unusual, but I suppose it will suit the experience.
  • Ah the AI wasn't that bad in 5. Just had to compensate, and that's something that can be interesting in a survival horror.

I found it to be a constant immersion breaker following me around. Even just a couple of simple instances of AI stupidity was enough to piss me off as it's meant to be a capable partner and you actually have to take care of them too. Also, professional was practically impossible as the AI partner would die at certain boss fights almost instantly.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't mind dragging an AI along with me, in fact it made Skyrim really special to me, but they need to be able to take care of themselves and not mean game over if they kark it.
  • Who knows, the AI might be super tight ahah
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I don't mind dragging an AI along with me, in fact it made Skyrim really special to me, but they need to be able to take care of themselves and not mean game over if they kark it.

Yeah, i'm ok with that too, it works well for Dragon's dogma. The game over thing is the real issue.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:

Aye, there was nothing wrong with Ashley and Shiva was OK, except for her tendency to use a first aid spray on the tiniest of tiny injuries. I ended up just using her as an ammo mule. I kept all the health and grenades.

It also works really well in Revelations. It's basically just another gun following you around. It's in your interests to keep the zombies off them so they can help you out, but I'm pretty sure they're invulnerable.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So I unlocked the true ending to Dragon's Dogma this afternoon, The Resident Evil 6 demo. It is quite generous as it has a 20 minute segment from each of the three parts.
    So, thoughts.
    Leon + Helena
    L+H have just shot the president in the face and Helena says she has something to do with it. You instantly notice the visuals are a step up from last time around but there was still some pretty bad screen tearing in Leon's part that I hope gets cleared up (unlikely as I saw a lot of it in DD as well). I found the controls ok here but a bit messy as I was walking through tight corridors and I felt a bit drunk, then I realised the camera and aiming speeds were at 10, so I moved them down a bit and it felt a bit better. They've improved the facial animations again and I liked that they are confident enough to use expressions instead of dialogue for everything. The dialogue is your very standard generic action movie stuff. This was my least favourite of the three sections as the horror was not up to much but I was intrigued to see where it was going to go.
    Chris and...uh guy
    Chris is being a drunk jerk in some eastern European bar. I love this, it's the oldest action movie cliche but in the world of Resident Evil, it just put a smile on my face. I mean this is Chris Redfield , HE CAN BREAK GIANT BOULDERS WITH HIS FUCKING FISTS. He's trying to drown out some operation gone bad and is brought back into action by some old BSAA fellas, stop if you've heard this one. Next minute, you're in urban china, and some kind of crazy ganados are all up in your business. I liked the enemies here, dudes turn into flying bat things were the weak point is the old human head lodged in their anus. Dudes with swords attack you as well, 'cause Capcom is racist. Very basic tps stuff here but still quite fun, the explosions from red barrels are hilariously massive, you can do a sweet dodge where you fall on your back max payne style, but only if you want to. There is a skill in looking stylish while you fight, not enough to upset people who want to just breeze through, but it's there. Also, the single player AI seems fixed, I didn't have a single issue with it and barely even noticed they were there except for when they lent some fire. Enemy AI was aggressive, more so than RE5 and there is an abundance of health, I'm gonna guess Professional will be quite difficult indeed. I saw a couple of them get caught on a wall before reaching me but besides that they were pretty threatening. It ends with a standard hold 'em off section.
    Jake and Sherry Birkin
    Very little idea of what's going on here, it's basically just a boss battle. I love the design on this boss, some of their best work. They hide him well until the fight actually starts. I guess I would describe him as Vega from street fighter after suffering another horrible mutation. Getting grabbed by this thing is creepy as hell as he pierces and chokes you with his dozens of metal claws. This looks like it will probably be the most interesting segment so far. Jake has remote mines and a lot of melee attacks, I'll have to try it again as I didn't really see too much of that.
    Everything Else
    The presentation in this game is boss. Each story has a different styled UI which is cool, Leon's using a phone, Chris has menus that look far more military in nature. The menus are gorgeous, as I'm writing this I've noticed that each campaign changes the main theme when you select them. It's looking to turn out like I imagined. It's taking itself even more seriously than 5, which I don't like, but with that comes very slick production values and getting closer to their long term goal of the Hollywood action movie that you play. I will most likely be buying this game.

Also, it has co op in the demo which I haven't tried yet if any other DD folks who have the demo are interested.
  • I'll definitely buy RE6 as I was one of the people that loved RE5. Bought it on PS3 (twice) and 360 and have completed it many, many times

I did the first half of that level with all the precious stones well over a hundred times
  • Jesus that's a bit of a weird thing to put it in a game like that. Was it announced that they were doing it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I have DD, I'm interested in opping your co, but I can't figure out how to download the bastard demo. Halp!

Edit: thanks for nothing Rick, I found the code on the back of the DD manual. I'm going to shoot you in the leg and leave you behind for the zeds.
  • Yeah, it's a pain. Enter the code on the back of the manual like you would with microsoft points or a sub. Then go into the DD title screen and it's the bottom option. Around 850 MB.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha timing there.
‹ Previous123456780

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!