isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The 3DS always looked like an unfinished devkit to me though? The two tiered shape, screen scratching, nerfed battery and extra slide pad thing just re-enforce that idea to me. 
    I'll just hold out till the finished 'Lite' unit comes out as I did with the last one. The games aren't going anywhere in a hurry.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I know its early doors but i'm getting emotional about Oot!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Where are you up to?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon game play

Pokemon Conquest trailer (English)

Enjoy!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Luigi's Mansion looks great, exactly what I was hoping for.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Umm I spent twenty minutes trying to find chickens and put them in a pen then I physically dropped my 3ds by accident, warped the hinge before snapping it back into place and looking up at the gods! It's still alive. Not sure about always starting from the woods though. Why not where I left off??
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Umm I spent twenty minutes trying to find chickens and put them in a pen then I physically dropped my 3ds by accident, warped the hinge before snapping it back into place and looking up at the gods! It's still alive. Not sure about always starting from the woods though. Why not where I left off??

Limitations of the N64, I guess. If you're up for mapping the Lost Woods, there are short cuts to most of the locations in the world.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • wait, the lost woods go to everywhere? so far they've led to some dead end where they want me to wear a mask? Something about beauty.

I'm back (as per train ride this morning where when the train lurched forwards i almost took out two fit women) in the chicken area but its night time and everyones in doors and people are real people. Poor bugger under the tree. Not sure if that means i completed the chicken thing or not. Infact as I was doing it i think I was cheating a bit, using chickens to fly into areas, throwing them out and then moving them around. I'm not entirely sure thats the way i was supposed to do it.

So now i'm not sure where to go, the windmill seems a dead end (can't do much in there) but there's a path leading somewhere i've not gone up yet. I'm going to head that way. Apparently the dinners not ready *smile*

I spend most of my time just wanting to play the songs. How does the time work and how do i get fairy's to come out of the stones? Thats starting to annoy me now *Sad face*
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    wait, the lost woods go to everywhere? so far they've led to some dead end where they want me to wear a mask? Something about beauty.

The trick to navigating the lost woods is to listen out for the music; if it gets quieter you'll get punted back to the start. There's shortcuts a plenty in the woods.

And that's all the hints I'm giving you. ;)
  • i didn't notice the music getting louder or quieter even though the owl warned me about it
  • There are shortcuts in the Lost Woods but they're not all immediately accessible. As you progress, you'll find it easier to get around generally anyway... Default start point for now is always the forest, unless you find a temple, in which case you can walk into the entrance and then save/quit and that will be your start point when you resume.

Sounds like you got the hang of the chicken thing, though you need to speak to the girl and then round them all up and then speak to her again.

The mask thing is a sidequest which begins elsewhere.

The windmill becomes important later. Your fairy should be nagging you to go somewhere...

Fairies appear at all sorts of random places throughout the game, though you'll learn in time where you can reliably find them if you need to.

Time works in a simple binary day/night cycle. Importantly, when you're in Kakariko Village and some other places, time will stand still so, if it's night, currently you have to go to Hyrule Field (e.g.) until sunrise happens and then back into Kakariko Village, to make it daytime. It becomes important as there are parts of the game that you can only do at night and vice versa. Also, the whole time issue gets a little more interesting further on...

Basically, the further you progress, the easier it becomes to control many aspects of your environment and how you move around in it.
  • yeah i got to meet saria at some megatemple (big triforce on teh ground sounds like its going to be where the end is!) and learnt her song. I've got three tunes now i can bang out. I know I need to meet some royalty before i can progress through the gate. Navi isn't helping much more right now though. Still unsure if i did the chicken thing or not, how do i know if that was secessful? Also, just want to double check, i found a spider on a wall and then got a token, went into one house and the dude said that when i check items that there's a number next to it, thats how many there are. Am I to understand that there are four in that AREA or in total anywhere in the whole map? Also, did the spiders only appear at night? I'm sure i didn't see them in the day. And will it be obvious that i need to go back somewhere at night/day to progress?

sorry for the questions :)
  • Just go on gamefaqs it'll pretty simply answer all of that for you.

Or just, y'know, play. It's Zelda, it basically holds your hand.
  • gamefaqs has things in a linear format as if they are doing the playthrough. On an open world game like this its not so helpful trying to read though walls of text. If it offends you so much i'll take it to pm.
  • You haven't met royalty yet? Head back out of Kakariko Village and to the most obvious place you'd expect to find a royal person. You'll need to explore a bit but you'll find a girl who will ask you to help her with something and then you might find your way to said meeting.

If you round up the chickens successfully you will be rewarded with something. Speak to the girl who's standing next to the chicken coop.

Spider tokens (Skulltullas) are useful but not essential to progress. The number in your inventory corresponds to the total number that you have collected. They are scattered throughout the whole world (in temples too) and some appear only at night. Some are very well hidden though.

The day/night thing can be a little confusing but, for now, I don't think it needs to be night-time for you to achieve anything of note.
  • take it to PM if you want... I'm happy to give you pointers if needed.
  • take it to PM if you want... I'm happy to give you pointers if needed.

cheers.
  • mk64 wrote:
    gamefaqs has things in a linear format as if they are doing the playthrough. On an open world game like this its not so helpful trying to read though walls of text. If it offends you so much i'll take it to pm.

It doesn't offend me at all, the game is linear as hell with a lot of extra stuff you can do here or there and although I'm not it's biggest fan (I find it to be heavily overrated) I just think you're robbing yourself of the joy of just going with the flow and learning the optional stuff as and when.

I mean, you're effectively asking questions to all the bits that I found so fun in the game, precisely because I had to figure them out.

Whatever floats your boat though, it just seems odd to me.
  • I dont want to rush through the game but i dont have the time to sit through and wander so much for exploration. I'm more a go here, do this, go here, remember that this fits here and go back etc. I like point and clicks more than open world rpgs :)

I didn't even get out of the first village when I started this on my n64..

I am loving this though and have taken it to pm. Will update with my anticipated WOW moments though :)
  • Aye, fair enough. Wasn't saying you were doing it wrong or anything. Enjoy it regardless, I played it for an hour on the 3DS before trading it. I just don't think it is that good, one of those games that has been placed on a pedestal for various reasons.
  • MK, if you're yet to go to the temple for the first time then I'd say you've got about 70% of the main quest to go...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • yes, i know the speedrun is 7 hours and so i'm expecting this to take 40hours or so.. i'm barely scratching the surface. Loving it but finding traversing slow so i'm rolling from place to place. I want epona so i can ride around quicker.
  • You won't be able to get Epona for a while yet, sorry.
  • Anyone tried the Heroes of Ruin demo from the eShop yet?

I had a quick go at lunchtime and after a few error messages managed to get into a 4 player online game with randoms. Reminded me a bit of Phantasy Star Online. I nearly went for a £25 preorder with Play.com but their price is back up to £30 so I will probably wait for the reviews to come in. I've got plenty of other games to get on with anyway.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got a £25 pre order of it on the way, hopefully should arrive by Wednesday/Thursday.
  • reg you beast.

I'll get the demo now. ooh, i'll wait till my next save in Oot. Found the chicken.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dragon Quest Monsters 3D has set the Japanese charts alight, I see.  It better come out over here SOON!
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Mal0wner wrote:
    Anyone tried the Heroes of Ruin demo from the eShop yet?

Aye, it's got promise. I think I managed to end up in a game on my own, so I didn't last very long, especially with those spiders that have the poison shots that they never seem to miss with.

It's a bit of a ball ache that the demo is six uses only, when every other demo I've nabbed has been 25 or up.
  • I'll buy a 3DS when they release a new Pokemon game on it.

Pokemon is the best of Nintendo's IPs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!