Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    nope - stuck in last gen.....the whole overehating thing put me off the 360 but I'll be picking one up as its the best show in town re shmups and the new models seem fine now....The main reason I haven't been keen is simply because the games on offer (and on PS3) didn't interest me - the Cave stuff has me tickled though. I am an old retro head at heart who likes physical media sadly.

Tend to play shmups on Saturn, GC and PS2 and dabble with shmupMAME.

I have PAL Shikigami 2 on PS2 and on JPN import for GC.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Oh man, if you like Shikigami you're really missing out. You'd love Mushimesama Futari. Buy a 360. Join us. Join us. There's gooollld.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • I liked Shikigami 2. I might get it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Castle Shikigami 2 and Strikers 1945 (1 & 2) have been added to the PS2 Classics section on PSN for £3.99 each!

is this the UK psn?
    I know you guys get access to the other ones as well.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah, it's on the UK store. Would be nice if Ibara appeared, that was licensed to Taito like Shikigami.
  • What would you go for?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Went for Castle Shikigami 2. It's in a drawer somewhere for PS2, but for £4 you can't really say no.
  • Ok , will go for that.
    Hitogata happa is a tricky fucker. Good challenge like.
  • Will give it a go. Most of us in here are spoiled rotten. It's hard justifying spending time on a punt when there's a nice collection of AAA shmups on the shelf. The last two years have been great.
  • any decent rtype like stuff kicking about ? Used to play super aleste , axeley. Loads. Looking for some decent stuff.
  • Sine Mora or Omega 5, or maybe Strania are closer to the oldschool. Sine Mora's basically a rip off of R-Type Final. There's an indie game on Live Pablo was into, I can't remember what it's called, that might be worth a shout.
  • Sine Mora on ps3 yet?
  • @lawro

Leave Home.

Puts most Live Arcade, never mind Indie, games to shame.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh man, if you like Shikigami you're really missing out. You'd love Mushimesama Futari. Buy a 360. Join us. Join us. There's gooollld.

Oh shit - more money to spend.......I like the Shikigami character with the eagle that does that whirly round attack to auto collect all the gold...yum...and there's that character with the homing attack - that's a good one for old duffers like me.

The whole scrape mechanic with the score multipliers works great too and the fact that you slow down when using the secondary weapon which helps you through those boss bullet mazes - lovely. I want to play it now just typing this.....

• pabloamigo wrote:
    @lawro Leave Home. Puts most Live Arcade, never mind Indie, games to shame.

I DL'd the demo today on the laptop and it plays very well.. extremely well.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Oooh, nice.

Nothing like the precision and flaring bullet patterns of a Touhou game for over-caffeinated keyboard hammering at 3am in the morning.
  • davyK wrote:
    Oh man, if you like Shikigami you're really missing out. You'd love Mushimesama Futari. Buy a 360. Join us. Join us. There's gooollld.
    auto collect all the gold.

You've just described almost every Cave game post the first DoDon Pachi.

• Davy, I guarantee you will love Mushi and other Cave shooters!
  • They're aren't as imposing as people and some screen shots would have you believe.
    There's really nothing any more difficult than Castle Shikigami.
    Pink Sweets is commonly believed to be the toughest Cave shooter, but it's no more difficult that ShienRyu, it plays like a remake of that game, which is pretty tame.
    Usually when you see screen shots full of bullets what you're not seeing is that they're tied to a certain enemy, and when killed cancels the bullets. Bosses shoot in definite patterns and given your hit box is tiny and well defined, it's just a matter of positioning. These games aren't as difficult as the common perception.
    Get yourself a 360, Deathsmiles, Akai Katana and Dodonpachi Resurrection - Three brilliant games to get you started for about £45.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ....must resist.....getting weaker.....I take it a no-frills 360 with a smaller drive is all that's needed for shmups and other arcade online shenanigans?
  • Maybe get a second hand 60gb?
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    please.....stop......
  • Name a big budget game you want to play this year. Exactly.
  • Best shmup ever davy...EVA!

And it's £25
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I emptied my loose change into the machine at Tesco - I have £180 in an envelope doing nothing....fuck.
  • There you go, better than being lost down the back of the sofa.

I don't think you need any more convincing, but DDP:R is £8.98 on Amazon! Eight pounds and ninety eight pence. 

Reg needs to get on this too!
  • I'm sure Katana will come crashing down in price soon too.

Shame you can't get MMP/PS cheap.
  • Literally the most valuable video game I've ever owned.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!