The Car thread
‹ Previous1234567289
  • Always a popular one.

A place to talk about cars, yours theres, new, old whatever.
  • I have a car.

It's a Hyundai Tucson.

It's new and it's silver.

I like it.
  • After its been sitting on the drive for 6 months I've finally got to sorting the Porsche out.

She had an ABS warning light coming on which is an MOT failure. I was put off because it is really hard to diagnose faults on 944s because of their age and I didn't fancy hit and miss experimenting with £100 parts.

I finally bit the bullet and started with the cheapest part first, got a second hand relay for £25, which seems to have solved it! 

I now have to shell out for new brake hoses and pipes which is a drag but after that and some emissions tweaking she will be back on the road.

• She is PIMP mate.

+1

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • google said:

I have a car.

It's a Hyundai Tucson.

I like it.

I nearly bought a Hyundai Tucson, but then I didn't.  Instead, I now have a Kia Sorento.  It's a sort of reddish colour that reminds me of this forum, and it's new too.

I like it too.

This wasn't the best story ever.

• g_man said:

She is PIMP mate.

+1

g.man

She is OLD and NOT VERY GOOD mate.

• Elmlea said:

google said:

I have a car.

It's a Hyundai Tucson.

I like it.

I nearly bought a Hyundai Tucson, but then I didn't.  Instead, I now have a Kia Sorento.  It's a sort of reddish colour that reminds me of this forum, and it's new too.

I like it too.

This wasn't the best story ever.

Are they not almost the same car?

• Vauxhall Insignia. 
    I like it because it moves like lightening when i want it to. And its black and cool. like a boss. 
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • You got that right.
  • I have a 2009 A3 Sportback (Co. Car). Stupidly I went for the Sport version and the ride is, well,  a touch on the hard side. It's a pretty uninspiring drive, but I've had it for just over three years now and I've never had a problem with it. Need to start looking for a replacement in about six months.
  • I have a crappy Vauxhall Corsa that barely works, but just about moves when you need it to. You all jealous?
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I still have my RX-8 but it's got a tiny oil leak, anyone who's owned an RX-8 got any ideas what that's about? I suppose it could be a multitude of things.
  • Hasn't your RX-8 always had an oil leak?

regards

g.man
  • It's always been slow, he posted videos and everything to prove it.
  • Dont thise things go through oil pretty fast anyway?
  • I'm lead to believe they drink the stuff.

regards

g.man
  • Oh dear, I would be getting that leak sorted then, those engines arent cheap when they go bad.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Still trying to find a car that ticks all my boxes.

How do people feel about the Nissan Juke?
  • The Juke would look awesome if they did a Baha version with bigger arches and balloon tyres.

A it is I'm not sold, I don't really get these hybrid type cars (hybrid as in two types of car, not elec/petrol). They have sold well though and seem popular.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The price of cars in this country makes me weep.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message

The Juke would look awesome if they did a Baha version with bigger arches and balloon tyres.

A it is I'm not sold, I don't really get these hybrid type cars (hybrid as in two types of car, not elec/petrol). They have sold well though and seem popular.

Yeah, I'm just looking for something a bit different. The two other contenders are a Mazda 2 sporty version, which I like but the missus doesn't, or a FIAT 500 which we both like but seemingly every other driver in the country does as well.
  • The Juke would look awesome if they did a Baha version with bigger arches and balloon tyres.

I think it's the safety aspect i.e. driver is higher up so has better view and probably futher away from the point of any impact. Also:

Looking to replace the girlfriend's trusty Smart with a Kia Sportage. 7 years warranty is very appealing and they look sexy.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I have a Vauxhall astra that creaks like a mutha whenever I go over speed bumps. It's embarrassing.
  • Mod74 said:

The Juke would look awesome if they did a Baha version with bigger arches and balloon tyres.

Yeah, I'm just looking for something a bit different. The two other contenders are a Mazda 2 sporty version, which I like but the missus doesn't, or a FIAT 500 which we both like but seemingly every other driver in the country does as well.

I like the Fiat 500 but its incredibley cheaply built, I would check one out before you get your heart setr on anything. They were initially designed as a budget mobile then someone had the idea of the retro styling, so not really a Beetle/Mini contendor, but they are a lot cheaper.

I think it's the safety aspect i.e. driver is higher up so has better view and probably futher away from the point of any impact.

I get the concept, just not for me really. My brother works for the dev team at Nissan. Basicly from what nhe told me is pretty much what you said with the Juke and the Note. Giving people all the benefits of a big 4x4 but making it cheaper by stripping out all the stuff they won't use, like 4 wheel drive.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Is the Juke made in Sunderland, if so that could swing it for me.
  • Not sure tbh, if you cant find out I will ask me brother.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Wikipedia to the rescue, yup, Sunderland.
  • 'mod, I test drove the Juke before buying the Tuscon. 

I didnt like it. It felt as though I was driving a cramped car while being positioned slightly higher up than usual. It doesnt do anything better than the other smaller SUV's in the class (Tuscon, CRV, Forrester).

Give it a whirl, but each of the cars you mentioned are wildly different. What kind of car are you looking to buy?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Something small, economical, 4 seats, from a reliable manufacturer, with lowish miles for about 9k
  • Mod74 said:

Something small, economical, 4 seats, from a reliable manufacturer, with lowish miles for about 9k

So why are you looking at an AWD like the Juke?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's 2WD in the normal model. It's only the top of the range that adds 4WD. The 1.6l petrol delivers 44mpg combined. Apparently.
‹ Previous1234567289

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!