PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    No thread? For shame.

Discuss all things Monster related right here...
  • It's combat mechanism is tighter than Dark Souls'.

[runs for cover]
  • I was going to start a Monster Hunter thread, so nice work. Currently diving back into Portable 3rd but it's been a while so my skills need a little sharpening.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I assume you have the latest fan translation patch for Portable 3rd?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Woh woh woh. Wait just one cotton pickin' minute. You can patch Portable 3rd into English?

Damnit. I may have to buy a PSP. Again.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, and talking of MH, I picked up another copy of Tri recently. It was the edition with the pad included, going for $10 in the bargain bin (about a fiver, UK money). It was worth it just for the pad to play Xenoblade with.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Freedom Unite on Vita is also pretty sweet. Blue, you back in Tri online? Will you be able to connect to EU servers?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Good move Swirl.

There are a number of patches for 3rd.  Team HHG (or something) which is more accurate but has less overall translation and Team Maverick (I think that's the latest) which is less accurate but has more things translated.

As long as you have custom firmware (and 6.60 Pro B10 is a doddle to install nowadays) you can patch.  I've been playing mine in English for a over a year and use the THHG patch.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, that's very tempting. How easy is it to patch this stuff on the new 'Euro' PSP? They're the equivalent of about £80 quid here. Been tempted by one for stuff like Valkyria Chronicles II, FF Tactics, etc.

No, no Tri online for me. I sold my UK Wii before I left, & you can't transfer Tri saves, so I deleted my stuff. Also, my net connection here isn't exactly speedy, and I would assume that I can't join people's European games anyway. I might get some solo stuff done for nostalgia's sake, but I'm still hoping Capcom'll do a proper online MH for Vita or 3DS. (I am right in thinking 4 is local multiplayer only?)

I wasn't even planning on buying a Wii, but the Wii U wasn't coming out as quickly as I thought it was going to and I wanted to play Skyward Sword.
  • Not sure about the very latest models.  Best check some of the PSP sites for that.

I suspect they are hackable but you end up with a semi-permanent hack, meaning that it resorts to OFW once the PSP shuts down.  However, keeping it in standby mode keeps the hack.  Having said that, even if the hack is lost, it's simply a case of running a program from the XMB to add the hack so it's not a big deal.
  • I haven't grabbed that translation. Will take a look at the website.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hmm, I'll have a quick look around the net at some point, see what I can find. Worst comes to worst, I buy a second hand PSP in another model.
  • As I've got a Vita I've just thought that I could "update" my old PSPs firmware to play 3rd.  Can you play co-op in this way via AHP and such?
  • Yup.  I've played both FU (with you) and P3rd with adhoc.

PSN store works perfectly as well.
  • Ah cool, didn't realise that you were using it in the FU days.

When I'm finished with Skylanders I may finally get round to it. ;)  Not sure I'm up for starting from scratch again for about the 4th time .
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Monster Hunter 4 concept art:

monster_hunter_4_characters.jpg?w=584&h=320

Source
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i now have monster hunter freedom unite psp on vita, my first proper monstrr hunter.
    only on about the fourth training mission after running around blind killing cattle!!!

what a game though...i can see this is one i can properly get lost in and really enjoy allready.

fuck knows how folk coped without the right stick assigned to camera. 

got adhoc party on ps3 so i can accomodate some online too. ;)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    fuck knows how folk coped without the right stick assigned to camera.

That's why I traded my PSP in, and why I love(d) Tri.
  • Once you get used to clawing (thumb on the stick and index finger on the d-pad), the PSP has the best control scheme out of all options.

It allows you to move, rotate the camera, and hit the buttons at the same time.  You can't do that with the right stick.

I'd guess being a bow user would be almost impossible with using the right stick for the camera.  Still, the bow was crap in FU so no loss there :-)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Well right stick is only an option so the claw could come in to use if i need to use the bow at any point.
    What a cracking game though.
    Top marks.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • The question is can we tempt MrsMr away from his current iteration of MH and back onto FU?  Blue, do you play FU?  I remember you getting into Tri before you moved.  My PS3 isn't using a wired connection currently but if 3/4 of us want to co-op then I'll bust out the leads.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Monster Hunter 4.

9f48ef26.jpg

0458d7f8.jpg

55a0fa49.jpg
    Get schwifty.
  • Platform. WHAT IS THE DAMN PLATFORM?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    3DS.
    Get schwifty.
  • OH GOD YES

At last!
  • I can partake in the odd game. But not for a few weeks as I'm on holiday for 2 weeks from this Friday.

Orange sharpness weapons :-(
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    MH4 to feature multiple villages, each with it's own culture and unique facilities.
  • I'll give it a go on 3DS for sure.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • If it's coming out here on the 3DS i'll buy an XL. I said I would and so I shall.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I just want a HD version with proper online. Hell, just Tri for 360 would do me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Wii version is on my huge "not played yet" pile. How much grinding is needed before I can enjoy online?

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
‹ Previous1234567178

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!