Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
‹ Previous123456770
  • A place to talk all things Mass Effect.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hmmm....if we're gonna discuss Mass Effect fully we're gunna have to get rid of that non-spoiler bit. It's kinda a big thing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    anyone doing ps3 co-op?

i still need to finish the last 2 missions on sp but i refuse to move on to them till iv got all my galaxy at war stuff up full.
    and the mp co-op is rather excellent too.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I though this thread was going to be about some new MMO franchise.  I am relieved.

Still no urgent desire to get my Shep on though.  Bioware lost their mojo yonks ago.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

• Raiziel said:

Hmmm....if we're gonna discuss Mass Effect fully we're gunna have to get rid of that non-spoiler bit. It's kinda a big thing.

Okay, but only because spoiler text is still bothersome for some forumites.
  • I still want a game in the mass effect galaxy where I can just flit around doing ambasder duties and talking down conflicts in my sheep's old age picard style.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I tried to ask people what they thought of the possible alternate ending in the other forum.
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/39736/revealed-the-mass-effect-3-ending-bioware-canned-before-release
    No one answered. :( Possibly no one else cares.
  • I found the end was ok, just average. Like most trilogies of film and other sprawling epics the endings are you usually not as good as the middle, empire strikes back syndrome.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    In this case I think the middle game was the weakest, just treading water until the actual invasion started.
    n0face said:

I still want a game in the mass effect galaxy where I can just flit around doing ambasder duties and talking down conflicts in my sheep's old age picard style.

I want someone to make a Star Trek game that doesn't suck.
  • I loved 1, hated 2, really liked 3. I've just started a run through all 3 to see if that makes a difference.

Liara is the best character by far.
    XBL DirtyAmpyNoakes; PSN Dampy64
  • I didn't mind the ending of 3 either.  I don't quite see what all the fuss was about, I think it got a tad out of hand. 

My favourite character has to be Garrus.  I loved the guy.

I enjoyed it as an example of an 'epic' trilogy over one console generation.  Thats a rare thing, especially as all the stories linked together.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    ME 2 is my favourite simply because the characterization was that much stronger. And while I think it was a mistake to allow the player to have a "perfect" result from the suicide mission, it was still a great way to end a game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message

I didn't mind the ending of 3 either.  I don't quite see what all the fuss was about, I think it got a tad out of hand. 

I enjoyed it as an example of an 'epic' trilogy over one console generation.  Thats a rare thing, especially as all the stories linked together.

We had a moment, he hand I, shootin' stuff on a bridge.
    Get schwifty.
  • I liked the ending and having played through 1 & 2 again I feel that much more justified in my decision to wipe out all synthetic life. The third one is my favorite though. Some of the decisions that we had to make really made me stop and think whether I've done the right thing, which I can't remember ever having to do in a game before. It was the first time I lost a team member that I actually liked as Kayden meant nothing to me.

I'm a bit worried about the DLC they'll be bringing out to try and explain the endings, but at the same time I'll be overjoyed to have more ME to play.
  • Raiziel said:

I didn't mind the ending of 3 either.  I don't quite see what all the fuss was about, I think it got a tad out of hand. 

We had a moment, he hand I, shootin' stuff on a bridge.

Hang on, I had a moment with him on the bridge too...

Cheating bastard.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Waaaaat!!!!
    Get schwifty.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
     It was the first time I lost a team member that I actually liked as Kayden meant nothing to me.

I'm a bit worried about the DLC they'll be bringing out to try and explain the endings, but at the same time I'll be overjoyed to have more ME to play.

It sounds like it's just gonna be some extra cutscenes, not actually playable stuff.

Was pretty pissed off when I lost Mordin, he's easily my favourite character, with the logical stream of conscience and the Gilbert & Sullivan.
  • I didn't bother entering the online code as my gold expired and I had no plans to play Mp. My galaxy map was never online and always showed 50% ready, I got the best ending but I'm not sure if I mewed out on anything.
  • Good question, I'm in the same boat! I'm thinking we didn't miss anything but I may do a bit of MP.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    the mp is all co-op and all awesome.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Was pretty pissed off when I lost Mordin, he's easily my favourite character, with the logical stream of conscience and the Gilbert & Sullivan.
    Mordin's death was bad, but losing Tali and all the Quarians had me in a catatonic state for more minutes than I'm prepared to admit to at this time.
  • @RasDam: The fiance actually came to see if I was ok as I was shouting at the TV at that point. I even did the comedy Darth Vader 'Noooooooooooooooooooooo!'
  • I finished Mass Effect 3 the other day, and I thought the ending was pretty perfect. It was anything but abrupt, left me with no questions and didn't lead me to desire "closure" or any of the simpering shit that the community of mentally impaired, entitled, SIT DOWN AND WRITE US A NEW ENDING fucksticks were calling for. Bioware and EA should be ashamed at setting a precedent for allowing such dull minded sorts to alter what is already damn good. (I did the synthesis thing, and it ended on a lovely note.)
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I have marked you out for death.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fight you for him.
  • Start a petition.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Come on, no questions‽
    You didn't at least wonder why Joker was running away from the battle like a coward?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Wow, you don't see many interrobangs.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I'm bringing them back baby!
  • Bioware and EA should be ashamed at setting a precedent for allowing such dull minded sorts to alter what is already damn good. (I did the synthesis thing, and it ended on a lovely note.)

Blimey. 

I think this is genuinely the first post I've read about this that has been positive about the ending without any qualification (such as indoctrination theory or some other gubbins that the player has added in for themselves to plug the gaps). Although I expect that the 'damn good' praise is probably relative compared to the usual standard of video game nonsense (amirite?) 

The new / extended ending is a waste of time and a pointless sop though. I'd rather play more missions than get a 5 minute cut scene retroactively filling plot holes. Turd polish.
  • monkey wrote:
    Blimey.  I think this is genuinely the first post I've read about this that has been positive about the ending without any qualification (such as indoctrination theory or some other gubbins that the player has added in for themselves to plug the gaps). Although I expect that the 'damn good' praise is probably relative compared to the usual standard of video game nonsense (amirite?)
    No.
‹ Previous123456770

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!