The Witness - Jonathan Blow's Tracy Island Mashup
  • I'd suggest maybe not looking up all the stuff you may have missed as it's fun to find it on your own. We can give hints if you like.
  • JonB wrote:
    Finished.

The best, arguably, is still yet to come.

And I'd agree, don't look stuff up yet if you can help it...
  • didn't actually finish finish this until after I knew I'd probably never finish it.
  • I'd suggest maybe not looking up all the stuff you may have missed as it's fun to find it on your own. We can give hints if you like.
    I've looked up where I need to go for the final trophy. That'll do for now.

Other than that, I guess it's a case of wandering around some more, which is only fun if it's fruitful.

Edit: Although there must be quite a bit. I've still not
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm was in that pleasant phase of slowly getting bearings and recognising places, but basically being lost. It's good in the way it shows you puzzles where you don't know the mechanics, taunting you. I guess there's a "right" route that will teach them more simply, which I'll try to find, but time will tell. A mere 37 panels done, but only done and hour or so (are there stats somewhere?). No save option so hope progress is there ok!
  • Try loading a game and you'll see that it's fine...
  • I probably enjoyed the first few hours most of all. Having all that area to explore and wandering around completely lost, just stumbling into different things and working out the way it all functions. 

Also, the use of colour to help you navigate and the way it communicates and teaches so much without a single word. Really quite amazing.
  • Been doing extra stuff today.
    Spoiler:
    And then
    Spoiler:
  • Re: second thing

You can practice to get better at it, I've seen Blow run through it and make it look easy. I've never bothered trying for real either, though.
  • That's where I put the game down.
  • Got this yesterday. Will be trying tomorrow.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I started to wonder after writing that whether that room and the route through it is based on one of the earlier puzzles in that sequence. That would make it slightly more tolerable.

If not, fuck it, I give up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Keep them spoilers going yo. I'm 78 in now. Having "fun" with
    Spoiler:
    Still struggling with my bearings as I keep finding new areas, and chipping away at bits. Got to a bit that introduces the
    Spoiler:
    There was also a
    Spoiler:

Also found
    Spoiler:

Still a while off it all clicking though, and knowing up from down, but still enjoying the journey for now.
  • @jon
    Spoiler:

• OK, I got the platinum. Don't know if it was worth it, but I was too stubborn to stop trying.
    Spoiler:
  • My save now is at
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I GOT A TROPHY!
    Spoiler:
  • @JonB

Yeah, that bit drove me slightly mad. 

One last thing before you stop though...
    Spoiler:
  • I've found it, but don't know what it's for.
  • JonB wrote:
    I've found it, but don't know what it's for.

Hint if you want it.  (I say hint, it's a pretty clear answer as to where you use it, but not what purpose doing so serves.)
    Spoiler:
  • OK, might take a look. Ta.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Up to 143.  
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Onwards.
    Spoiler:
    Finally understand
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I KNOW RIGHT
  • This is delightful. Don't know how to check my progress though.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • This is delightful. Don't know how to check my progress though.

It will tell you on the save file (try loading a game and you'll see).
  • Thank you
  • Thank you
  • Got this in the sale, enjoying it so far. Have unlocked I think 4 laser things.

Had to consult guides a couple times, but trying to avoid - my patience at my own stupidity wears too thin sometimes though.

What I wouldn't mind is a guide that only gives clues and not solutions if anyone knows of such a thing? I found one that gave me a suggested order of areas, but then it just goes into screen grabs of completed puzzles which ruins the fun somewhat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!