Music in 2013
  • Am pretty okay with my evangelism success rate. As you say, there's nothing broadly, culturally crucial to play for so it's about making new mates innit.

What's more troubling is that I come across almost no one who manages to turn me on to anything.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If we were doing it properly we'd have sub-folders. And how hateful.
  • Didn't get through a lot of music in 2013, but Drake's Nothing Was The Same and Kanye West's Yeezus have kept me very entertained between them.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I've also just added Jason Isbell to my offline listening on the back of this thread... Also if anybody hasn't already listened to Ezio's Black Boots on Latin Feet then give it a go, still one of my all time favourite albums and I reckon Moot would like it.

I just picked up the Ezio album from Zoverstocks.  Pretty sure I haven't heard of them (although I've got a nagging sensation you may have suggested them to me before?), but for 52p+postage I'll take a punt, thanks.  Unlike Brooks I seem to do pretty well out of recommendations. 

Hope you like Isbell.  When the dust settles I'm pretty sure Southeastern will be my second favourite album of all time, after Highway 61 Revisited and before Separation Sunday.  Of course this sounds like nonsense as it's only been out a few months, but it really isn't.  It's a [10] for me, and it's just as good live.
  • Bought very new "new" music this year. I struggle to keep up and identify with many a modern band or singer. Not essential, a good tune is a good tune no matter what but I still find a lot of recent stuff leaving me "meh".

Basically I'm stuck in the early 90s rock scene with the odd guest appearance from various others.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I would suggest Soundcloud for those open to new artists.
    Find someone you like, then check who they follow, rinse repeat.

it is better represented by electronic artists but still has a wide range represented at various levels.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Also if anybody hasn't already listened to Ezio's Black Boots on Latin Feet then give it a go, still one of my all time favourite albums and I reckon Moot would like it.

This arrived today, will give it a go tomorrow.  It has a terrifically awful cover.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I normally do a Spotify playlist every year, but I had to cancel my subscription as I lost my job. I know I could still do one, but the free version and its adverts gets on my nerves.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!