Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    NOPE NOPE NOPE that'll do for tonight.

The sound in this is fucking incredible.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    YEEEES. got a copy from Tesco. Two mates. Beers. Darkness. Nine foot of screen. Shit. This is going to be intense
    rest less
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Had a few beers. Ready to go. Report laters.
    rest less
  • Have been moving houses and setting computers up for hardcore work work work when the move is finished so still havent had chance but am now slightly dreading my oncoming OR experience. I have to do it now, its one of those things that has to be done, but the way you guys are making out i'm going to be mentally scarred. Even more in fact.
  • You couldn't pay me to play this with VR.
  • It wouldn't be as good as American Adventure's Motion Master: Aliens ride anyway.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Quite a few peeps on Reddit have posted OR opinions of this. Doesn't work too well apparently, mainly due to the massively jarring cut scenes and slight floaty feel to movement.
  • I'm going to get this and use my surround sound headset for extreme scares but will have to wait until my daughter ( 2.5 months ) is in her cot asleep so i can have the monitor flashing away for added atmosphere

and she's sleeping properly , at the moment , she's asleep on my lap till I go to bed and I wouldn't want to throw her onto the floor when I panic and soil myself .

Plus this will give me time to find some adult nappies !!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Quite a few peeps on Reddit have posted OR opinions of this. Doesn't work too well apparently, mainly due to the massively jarring cut scenes and slight floaty feel to movement.

It's the cutscenes that would have likely made an official OR support a no-go because any time you take head control away from the player it can be nauseating, i get the feeling the control can be mitigated a little though with any luck - that vanishing of whatever has 'floaty issues' which i managed to fix with a lot of tweaking and ive found a profile for the game for my vr hack of choice so it might be okay

From personal experience of other game/experiences ive known situations where youre put close to other characters your sense of space can feel very much invaded, which is why this game seems like it could be excruciating at times. Well lets see
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    From personal experience of other game/experiences ive known situations where youre put close to other characters your sense of space can feel very much invaded, which is why this game seems like it could be excruciating at times. Well lets see
    CA actually retooled the entire portion of the game that they built for the OR E3 demo because what works in the game doesn't translate well to VR. Jump scares were removed in place of building a feeling of dread, and the AI of the Alien was adjusted to stop it from charging you down. It would spot you and advance in stages as if hunting you like an animal rather than rush you.
  • I love this thread.

There's no way I'm getting this game, though.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Right, fuck it, I'm going back in.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bah, have to eat first. Stupid human biology.
  • g.man wrote:
    CA actually retooled the entire portion of the game that they built for the OR E3 demo because what works in the game doesn't translate well to VR. Jump scares were removed in place of building a feeling of dread, and the AI of the Alien was adjusted to stop it from charging you down. It would spot you and advance in stages as if hunting you like an animal rather than rush you.

This makes a lot of sense, and reflects the quite particular difference between the two mediums. It's a damn shame if they couldnt get the OR version out of the door at some point, given they already now have the experience of how the way games play having to be different - VR definitely benefits from less bombast and more things going.. slower
  • g.man wrote:
    Right, fuck it, I'm going back in.

The locker ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Right, fuck it, I'm going back in.
    The locker ?

He's only just come out as well :(
  • I can totally understand why reviewers got frustrated with this. The xeno is totally unpredictable, which is brilliant, but it can definitely ruin your day unexpectedly, which coupled with the check pointing can be rough. The care that they've handled the license with totally carries it though.
  • Is it just Kinect that has head tracking or does it work with the PS4 camera too?

Does the PS4 version have any audio detection ability? (Not sure if it's camera also has a mic)
  • I want this....but I don't because I know i'm a pussy.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Louiecat wrote:
    Tempted by this. But replay value once it's not scary.....?

AFAIK, bar a few scripted sequences, the alien will act differently in each situation. So it's probably not going to stop being scary like a Resident Evil or Dead Space on the second play through.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    One of the picture captions asks "what happens to Jonesy?" HAVE YOU NOT SEEN ALIENS.
    No, they're asking why he isn't in the game. No putting him in the cage etc. at the end before the escape to the shuttle.

Yeah, that dawned on me as I was falling asleep last night. In my defence, it was late and I was tired and I'm mildly derpy. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Is it just Kinect that has head tracking or does it work with the PS4 camera too? Does the PS4 version have any audio detection ability? (Not sure if it's camera also has a mic)

Yes to both. I think. There defo stuff about it in the loading screens. I don't have a camera though so can't confirm.  I've toyed with the idea of getting one but bone, kinnect, ps4, WiiU and WiiU controller, wireless headphone transmitter, wireless headphones and all the power bricks have filled up my gaming cupboard as much as I'd like.  I can't bare the thought of more cables.
  • I started too late, haven't even seen the Xeno and gotta go to bed. Loving the ship and lighting though.
  • Made it through Mission 5 and only died once. 
    Incredibly stressful stuff though, and progress is achingly slow. Had to change my pants on several occasions. 
    At one point I was about to crawl out of one of those vents with the aperture like doors and the fucker dropped right out of a ceiling vent right in front of me. Screaming like a girl I back-pedalled into the vent and the bastard came in after me and fucked me over as I tried desperately to scrabble to safety. 
    The alien never ceases to be anything other than utterly terrifying and even hiding in lockers is becoming less and less of a safe haven.
    934754924573000996_zps78f5cf96.gif 
    This game has singlehandedly erased the thirty years of franchise rape that had reduced the alien to being a pantomime villain and has proudly elevated it back to it's rightful place as the stuff that genuine nightmares are made of.

Started mission six which is proving to be bastard hard. Died multiple times in the same area, so I'm going to can it for the night and have a stiff whisky.

tomorrow is another day

g.man
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Game is spectacularly gorgeous, recreating the film brilliantly. An hour in and I haven't seen anything remotely extraterrestrial but I'm loving it. There's such a sense of place. I even hid in a locker for a minute even though there was nothing dangerous around.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Decided I'm gonna leave this and buy it on 360 next week, watched some gameplay vids on Youtube and it runs better than on this laptop. I'm only about 90 minutes/2 hours in.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Xeno turned up. Loved it. Fucking hated the bit with armed nobs before that. No clue why I couldn't pick up their revolvers after I clubbed them round the head with my wrench.
  • Hmmmm, I have a revolver. Can't remember where I got it though. Might be a find like the other stuff in the game?
    I wouldn't fret though, it's largely useless.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah I've got one now. You have to pick it up off a desk just before you first meet the Xeno. I was just mildly annoyed guys would drop their guns on the floor and I couldn't take em.
  • To be fair though, the best thing you could do with it would be to just shoot yourself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!