Now eating/drinking
  •  Also some of your beers are pretty good. But VB is shockingly over-rated; it's pish!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Strawberry and orange flavours often taste vaguely like those things. A mixture of marzipan and glacé cherries is about the worst thing I could imagine.
  • It really is a disgrace that more UK confectioners haven't properly embraced the magical fusion of chocolate and peanut butter. When I can't get hold of the Reece's range, I'm forced to slather smooth peanut butter over a dairy milk - and that's what I'm tucking into right now.

I have made chocolate biscuits with peanut butter centre. they are amazing.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yup. Hob Nobs with peanut butter and chocolate lavished on them are fairly full of amazingness.
  • Peanut butter M&Ms. Amazing. 
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    What was that old chocolate bar that had coconut and cherries, I recall if for being overpriced? Cherry rape if you like.
    Things can only get better.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kow said:

Raiziel said:

Kow said:

Bread. Now that's disappointing. Surely it must have a pie in it. Or dripping.

Dammit, Kow, that av really isn't YOU. I'm probably going to keep banging on about it, so you might as well well change it now.

Are you happy now, goddamn you?

:D
    Get schwifty.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

Also some of your beers are pretty good. But VB is shockingly over-rated; it's pish!

You are absolutely correct.

To continue the beer line now I have a mo, VB is basically your bottom of the barrel chav/bogan beer.  I don't touch it, nor do I know anyone who does unless it's an emergency.  A friend of mine has had a microbrewery up and running for a while so only the finest boutique beers are tolerated amongst that group, normally.  There's the occasional lapse into Crown Lager.  We have some lovely beers from smaller breweries; I recommend Grand Ridge Brewery beer and Mac's Sassy Red.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yeah the peanut butter thing's interesting. I'm not finding Reese's wares hard to locate on my rounds but it does seem an obvious growth angle for a more local sweetiecorp, ignoring the moment that the entire confection industry is a bit under siege from growing levels of awareness of the impact of sugar on health.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Add to that the fact people are cottoning on to what actual chocolate tastes like, at least here anyway.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Did a project last week for a major food group and their 'future vision' for 2020. Can't say much more more because of NDAs but the shift is definately being noticed by the manufacturers.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You mean with regard to the rise of organic/small producers and better quality produce?  There's a boutique chocolate shop down the road from me, it's brilliant.  They just got in an organic choc from a bean-to-bar producer in the US (for all the hyperprocessed shite they produce, there seems to be an increase in high quality chocolate manufacture over dere) and it is FUCKING DELICIOUS.  I had a sample and it was PHWOOOARCHOCOLATE.  I get elitist about chocolate, but darn it all if people going "oooh nah, if it's not Cadbury is nah good maaaaate" doesn't shit me to tears.  Wilfully ignorant fleshpiles.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What do you expect? Some people are impressed by fish fingers.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I expect them to keep quiet about it.
  • The chinese supermarket near me have started a little cafe with take away too. Its amazing, cheap and auethentic and they give you a fuck ton of food.

I'm going for chicken salad rolls and Chilli Beef Ramen today. I will report back when Im full of noodles.

Edit: It was really really good.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    dam yeh!1
  • It really is a disgrace that more UK confectioners haven't properly embraced the magical fusion of chocolate and peanut butter. When I can't get hold of the Reece's range, I'm forced to slather smooth peanut butter over a dairy milk - and that's what I'm tucking into right now.

I hate you.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • chorizo and tomato omlet
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had some chorizo from Salamanca last night, easily the best chorizo I've ever had. It has an almost smoked flavour to it. Expensive but fantastic.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Had a pint of 'Oak Matured' cider last night. Wood is not a good flavour for a drink.

Does anyone know if you can still buy Spam, and what it goes well with?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It goes well with blurum. Loletc.
  • Last night I had a Sunny Dinner Burger courtesy of Annie, an American lass who was once on The Hairy Biker's show. 

• ooh that looks pretty good. Talking of burgers, has anyone been to Meat Liquor?
  • There are a few websites that do American food. I've had a peanut butter Twix which wasn't great recently. Peanut butter M&Ms are quite good, although Reece's Pieces knock them out of the park.

Noooo! Don;t get me wrong, I love a Reece's cup, they'e possible the best confection ever, but Reece's Pieces are vile, barely even tste of peanut butter. The M&Ms are infinitely better. What happend Lerxst, you used to be cool?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    There really is a burger for everything.
    Get schwifty.
  • 26 at The Navigation in Nottingham, including...

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    elvisburgerlol
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've just had a Spanish Omelette, ordered in English, in my local Italian Cafe in Cairo.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    My friends always go to the http://www.okdiners.com/ when they're on the motorway. Last time I had a massive ice cream milkshake in those metal shakers and a 10oz burger. I felt like I was going to die. It was brilliant.
  • Yossarian said:

I've just had a Spanish Omelette, ordered in English, in my local Italian Cafe in Cairo.

This World Village stuff is ace.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!