Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stay home and do some eating like a pig.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pizza night tonight.

TJIOzfx.jpg
  • Just bbq-ed some fillet and ribeye and had it with new potatoes (oil, fresh mint, black pepper), and some salad.
    Followed up by the best carrot cake I've ever tasted that my wife rustled up this arvo. Things ain’t that bad, right now.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    um... cSiCN52.jpg

Looks like no-one spent their extra 10k on a photoshop
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Pizza night tonight.

TJIOzfx.jpg

Storming - what do you use to make your base?
  • That looks like mighty fine pizza.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    350g Strong/bread flour, dried yeast (mixed with a teaspoon of sugar and 100ml lukewarm water to activate it, for 8 minutes before adding to the flour), two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, two teaspoons of salt, another 100ml ish of lukewarm water.

Make a dough, nead it for 10 minutes, prove for an hour. Knock back, turn out, dived into 4, shape into balls and put them into individual freezer bags and put in the fridge for an hour or two before making (or you can freeze them for about a month if you don't want to use them all right away).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    That looks like mighty fine pizza.

Cheers, I think it was probably the best one I've made yet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The second one turned out even better I think.

oLewkWk.jpg
  • Local chippy was delivering to work so I had a fish supper with curry sauce and it was fucking incredible. Fresh as anything.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sounds cracking, I do miss a proper chippy tea
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bought two fucking huge bags of yank Crunchy Cheetos, the best artificial, terrible for you snack ever. I cannot stop, help me. My fingers are the colour of the sun.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Have you been frigging Ra?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wifey made biryani Saturday night. Got the recipe from Mrs. Bhat next door. Made bhajis too.

A Biryani is a dryer dish so we dampened it down with 3 bottles of red.

Rough on Sunday morn.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm gonna try goobers pizzas this week assuming the flour gods bless my supermarkets.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'm gonna try goobers pizzas this week assuming the flour gods bless my supermarkets.

For the tomato sauce:

1 brown onion, finely diced
    2 cloves of garlic, finely diced (don't over do it, I always add extra garlic but you risk overpowering it with this)
    2 tablespoons of Tomato puree
    350g Pasata (or a tin of chopped tomatoes)
    Fresh basil (finely chop the leaves, keep the stalks)
    2 sprigs Fresh oregano
    Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
    Salt
    Pepper
    Teaspoon of sugar

Sweat down the onion for 8-10 minutes, with the basil stalks, until it is nice and soft and translucent, but not colouring (I add a slash of water every now and again to stop them catching).

Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tomato puree and cook for a minute. Poor in the tomatoes and fresh oregano (keep it whole so you can remove it later). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the balsamic vinegar. Use the sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes (different brands need more or less sugar to get a sweet tomato flavour, rather than an acidic one).

Reduce until you've got a nice thick spreadable sauce. Take off the heat, remove the basil and oregano stalks and stir through the fresh basil leaves. Leave to cool.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We use an almost identical pizza dough recipe, but 250 plain 250 strong.
  • One of the memories that sticks with me from a summer spent working in a Pizza Hut kitchen was the way we made the pizza sauce.

1. Open a giant plastic bucket of passata. Think oil barrel size. About 100 litres, maybe?
    2. Open a plastic bag full of pre-mixed dried herbs. Pour in.
    3. Roll up your sleeve.
    4. Plunge your entire arm in the passata, right up to the armpit, and stir the herbs through.
    5. Feel disgusted with the state of the fast-food-industrial complex and particularly your own place in it.
    6. Go and wash.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    One of the memories that sticks with me from a summer spent working in a Pizza Hut kitchen was the way we made the pizza sauce.

1. Open a giant plastic bucket of passata. Think oil barrel size. About 100 litres, maybe?
    2. Open a plastic bag full of pre-mixed dried herbs. Pour in.
    3. Roll up your sleeve.
    4. Plunge your entire arm in the passata, right up to the armpit, and stir the herbs through.
    5. Feel disgusted with the state of the fast-food-industrial complex and particularly your own place in it.
    6. Go and wash.

Wtf! That can't have been official company policy/training.

I used to work at burger King and if there was one thing they did well/were really strict about was food hygiene, and trading around it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    We use an almost identical pizza dough recipe, but 250 plain 250 strong.

My dough is a little bit wet, so probably ends up with an extra 100g of flour by the time I've finished needing, flouring the surface, needing...
  • Wtf! That can't have been official company policy/training. I used to work at burger King and if there was one thing they did well/were really strict about was food hygiene, and trading around it.

Same parent company, as it happens.

And yeah, all the big chains are really very good on hygiene and safety. But wherever there’s a kitchen there will always be macho chefs who just don’t give a fuck. You follow all the training until your direct superior, who is actually there with you face to face, tells you to do it the old-fashioned way. “Yeah, that’s what the guidebook says, but we do it like this.”
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • When I hear bad things about chain or fastfood places it is nearly always Pizza Hut.
    Perhaps because it has more of a proper kitchen rather than BK/McDonalds/KFC/Dominos that have open kitchens that the public can look into.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Wtf! That can't have been official company policy/training. I used to work at burger King and if there was one thing they did well/were really strict about was food hygiene, and trading around it.

Same parent company, as it happens.

And yeah, all the big chains are really very good on hygiene and safety. But wherever there’s a kitchen there will always be macho chefs who just don’t give a fuck. You follow all the training until your direct superior, who is actually there with you face to face, tells you to do it the old-fashioned way. “Yeah, that’s what the guidebook says, but we do it like this.”

I was the shift manager, and we had a good restaurant manager, so we made sure policy was adhered to.
  • Pizza Express were spotless back in the day, although it's such an easy operation. Tomato sauce was a good quality passata and the doughballs for pizza were frozen and just needed proving the night before. Once the mozz is chopped and the veg is sliced thinly there's very little to do but assemble to order.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Sourdough starters are amazing things. What should be a festering bacterial shitpit is in fact a lovely, safe, symbiotic environment of beauty. It makes me feel better just having one in the flat.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cobbled together today -

Rub some garlic on toast.
    Wilt some rocket in red chilli flakes and more garlic
    Fry an egg on top - in olive oil, you heathens.

Few drops of sriracha and luuuunch.

SiI1LrB.jpg
  • My kind of food. That would also be nice poached with olive oil sprinkled over.
  • My Mum sent me a food delivery and for some reason it's got a shitload of meat in it. She's veggie and knows I don't eat much these days. I am secretly pleased though.

Pork belly for lunch then.

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/crazy-quick-pressure-cooked-pork-belly
  • Ooft. And to think I was pleased with myself for doing avocado toast and poached eggs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!