PC Help
  • One of my hard drives has turned RAW. Which is great. 

Have spent the last couple of hours reading up on it. Slightly concerning as it doesnt look like I can pin point the reason why.

I ran Chkdsk last night although no log was created (checked for Chkdsk and Wininit in Event Viewer, nothing there).

Part 1 (of 3) of Chkdsk reported zero bad sectors etc. Didnt see P2&3

Tried CONVERTING through CMD although that reported that the hard drive was already in NTFS format.

The lack of data is a pain but not a major worry. I just want to know if I should bother going through the hassle of trying to recover the data (I would take it into work where we have some decent recovery stuffs) or just toss it. It's about 4.5 years old.

Only thing that concerns me is PC is a new build. It wouldnt have anything to do with new Motherboard/something causing the issue would it?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Does anyone have a spare CPU, stick of ram and graphics card I can buy?

I need to test a motherboard some fuckwit (that I sold it to on eBay) has returned.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might have a graphics card. Do you care what type??
  • No, just need any pci express graphics card to hook up to a monitor.
  • Hey peeps, hoping for some advice on the following.

My current media playing setup is an external hdd attached to the TV (which just plays everything natively), when I want to add stuff I have to unplug from the telly and from the plug socket behind then move it to the pc and transfer stuff across, then back to the TV.

My current 2tb hdd is full and I was just gonna get a bigger drive but got to thinking that some kind of nas option might be the way to go. Anyone recommend an affordable way to go with this?

Looked at the western digital my cloud add an option, 3tb is about 120 quid, although a standalone 3tb desktop is about 80 so it's quite a bit more.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Update:

I've ordered this, which seems like a bit of a bargain and is probably a misprice:
    (WD 4tb Mybook duo - not quite NAS thing but maybe a good solution for my needs)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2976431.htm
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    WIth the internet these days, I don't understand why people have all the media. I mean, keep the video of the man saying you can't shake a baby on BBC news but that Zeitgeist movie might as well be beyond the recycle bin.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I say this but you're probably now gonna start accumulating lots of home video...
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!