Mario Golf World Tour! B&B Open 2016/17: Season Standings in!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Damn, and I was happy with my -1.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Got a -8.  Two Eagles in one run, a first for me, but also two pars that would have been birdies if they hadn't done the 'woooo-WEEEEE!' thing around the lip of the hole a changed direction.
  • -9 with a fluffed birdie attempt along the way.  Happy with that.  -10 is the best I could possibly get on this.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ARE YOU PEOPLE ROBOTS OR SOMETHING?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It's a case of plotting your route through the course.  When to use the Bullet Bill (hole 11 for me), when to use power shots etc.  Do the coin challenges if you haven't done so already, they're a good way to learn a few tricks.  Also, use your Mii.  I made the mistake of using Yoshi all the time before I realised my Mii has stats that gradually improve.  If you haven't played it as much as others they'll be able to out-drive you and so on.

I'm surprised I've done this well tbh, I was quite poor last tournament and the only time I've played it since I got destroyed online by Birdorf and retro.  It's a quality golf game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Righto, will switch out Peach for my Mii. How do I use the powerups? I couldn't figure that out.
  • I think the Mii information is right anyway.  Anyone?

To use power-ups you hit X or Y a couple of times (whichever one gives you a power shot, just press it twice).  Then you select the icon with the touch pad (this is how I do it anyway).  I'm not familiar with some of them 'cos this is the first time I've used them outside of the coin mode (were they switched off for the last tourney?), but from the selection here the fire flower makes the ball roll through rough and the Bullet Bill is basically a super drive.  Not sure about the bomb one, it's probably more useful on more annoying courses.  There's also one that makes the ball skim on water and one that makes it bounce high over obstacles.
  • I can't remember if your Mii has stats but they can definitely access custom clothes which affect stats.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think the Mii information is right anyway.  Anyone?

Yes mate thats right, basically...

they can access custom clothes which affect stats.

You unlock clothes by playing anything in the game. Online, Challenges, Stroke play etc. You don't have to do a certain thing.

I'd recommend completing the Castle Club and as many Challenges as you can. The Castle Club doesn't take long and the Challenges unlock extra courses.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Hmm.  I might take a look at the clothes and have another crack at this then, mine is wearing the default digs.
  • I have an OG Game Boy visor cap... very dapper. The Mii pulls it off far better than I ever would.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Probably not going to get another go in before the deadline, but I'm keen for any more tournaments that people want to run. Cheers for the advice guys, I'll try and get my Mii some dapper threads.
  • I think that Mii info might have been bogus.  I looked at mine earlier and the stats for it are shit, I was better off with Yoshi in certain ways.
  • No mate, its customisable, you can definitely improve your character.

Camelot took all the RPG elements out of the Mario Tennis on 3DS and it got panned because of it. They didn't dare make the same mistake twice with this.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • -10 woo.  Almost drew level with Birdorf there, got a silly par on one of the easier holes.
  • Updated my Mii, had a stat boost with four garments.  It's made a lot of difference, I'm hitting the snap dead on more regularly.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Is this still open until the end of the day? Started a round last night but fell asleep on the second hole.
  • Not sure what time. In runs to the minute of when it was set up. Should say somewhere on there. If not maybe moot will remember when he set it up.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Ah ok. Didn't realise it auto locked after a week. I'll have a check and try to get a round in before it closes.
  • I think I set it to end at 10pm tonight. Was 7 days + however many hours/mins to make it a late finish.  It's a great system for setting up tournaments.

Why did none of you badgers tell me how important stats and items are in this game?  I did a load of coin challenges yesterday, unlocked some bits and bobs/costumes, and I've added 15 yards to my drive/1 or 2 points to my sweet spot/control.  Goodbye Yoshi, hello Peach.

Got a -12 this morning.  I'd fucked it up on the final shot of the final hole beforehand, so I just sat there until I did it.  2hrs 51mins including a few rounds on other courses for practice.  A bit obsessive, but there it is.
  • Hang about, have I cheated by using a stat boosted Peach?  I wasn't playing it when the original rules were set so I'm not sure who is and isn't OK.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Why did none of you badgers tell me how important stats and items are in this game? I did a load of coin challenges yesterday, unlocked some bits and bobs/costumes, and I've added 15 yards to my drive/1 or 2 points to my sweet spot/control.

we did, you mentioned it yourself on your third post on this page...

Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Also, use your Mii.  I made the mistake of using Yoshi all the time before I realised my Mii has stats that gradually improve.  If you haven't played it as much as others they'll be able to out-drive you and so on.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hang about, have I cheated by using a stat boosted Peach?  I wasn't playing it when the original rules were set so I'm not sure who is and isn't OK.

Wasn't no rules laid out but I guess it could be up for discussion? Guess it could be unfair on those who haven't put the hours in, kinda like CoD online.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Why did none of you badgers tell me how important stats and items are in this game? I did a load of coin challenges yesterday, unlocked some bits and bobs/costumes, and I've added 15 yards to my drive/1 or 2 points to my sweet spot/control.
    we did, you mentioned it yourself on your third post on this page... 

I meant the last tournament.  Badgers.
  • You don't really have to put much effort in to get some good stats for your mii. 

I didn't play the sp much but was kitted out enough to get some good scores on the last tournament we had. I think my mii character was wearing a peach outfit that gave some good boosts.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Camelot took all the RPG elements out of the Mario Tennis on 3DS and it got panned because of it. They didn't dare make the same mistake twice with this.

This is why Mario Tennis Open is on my "if I see it for a fiver in the bargain bin" list. It looks like fun, but without the leveling up stuff I feel it'd have a limited life span for single player.
  • Defo. Would probably be a good laugh on here with online MP.

Do you know if it does 4 player doubles?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I didn't even know there was a Mario tennis game on 3DS.
  • I want it.  £14.50 inc. postage from Zoverstocks.  I'm in, who's with me?
  • Just nabbed a loose cart for £7 all-in on Ebay.  Result.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!