Super Smash Brothers (WiiU and 3DS and SWITCH)
  • I now have this! :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • My copy has been posted by Amazon.it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'll be maining Link. Probably.
  • I have this too! It's amazing. Two player Events are good fun but flippin hard. I'm still way too loose with the characters to be quick and deadly. Current fave is Toon Link.
  • I think that all star, hands, classic and that bespoke challenge mode (win in these conditions) are all pretty good for sp.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    My copy has been posted by Amazon.it.
    Mine too. Amazon.co.uk have cancelled the order I had with them.
  • we have three in a lobby, one space left
  • Played 8 player today. Teams, 4v4, was awesome.
  • The CPU on lvl 9 is to weak, & it was getting boring me & kids vs pokemon, villain, heavyweight etc teams.  So with a rammed house, it was great to see & play with 7 fellow people.  Smack talk everywhere.
  • Still going...join us
  • Not a game to play for the first time, while drunk! :-/

Wtf????
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    My copy has been posted by Amazon.it.
    Mine too. Amazon.co.uk have cancelled the order I had with them.

Yip. Amazon cancelled my GC adapter copy too. I had that ordered from months back the little gits.

Is .it pushing out bundles still somehow?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • They did give me £3 credit to say sorry though.
  • I now have this!!! With adapter.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Took this online for a match just now. Very laggy, but Bas is using the network as well. Need to wait a couple of minutes to retry.

3 Little Mac's though, I was one of them. Is he that powerful in the right hands (meaning not mine) or was it just a coincidence? I like him a lot so far. Not caught up on the charging thing yet though, seems important.
  • Little mac is highly over-rated IMO, just block a lot, he has an awful time getting back on the platform
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    He's the first character I clicked with, but it's no fun to play if people will hate him. Searched Google for "little Mac smash Bros" and the second link was a kotaku article claiming he's used too often in glory, and is over powered.

Might go back to Olimar, at least his looks chert me up, full of hope that fella.

Think there are too many characters unlocked already, how am I supposed to choose!?
  • You can try the event mode which forces you to try certain characters in small challenges. a good way to get a feel of a bunch of characters in a fun way.

I like Shulk the best I think, but only because he's the only character I got through All Star mode with.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Find the event mode slightly confusing, mostly enjoyable, agree on that. Some of the challenges are just a bit unclear, like the pacman one (one of the first events). Do I need to eat the opponents or just fight and kick them out of the screen. Description seems to suggest something special needs to be done.

Mainly switching between Smash Tour and the events for single player, every now and then having a go on Classic or All Stars. Not really tried the others yet, first need to find characters I'm comfortable with.

Good fun so far, there's just so much to do, and I'm basically new to the series, so hard to decide where to go.
  • For Pac-Man you need to activate final smash. Then eat 6/7 of the olimars in a row. Each one eaten gives you more points until you get 7600(or whatever it is). I think it refers to the max score you can get eating consecutive ghosts in the original pac man.
  • Had another session on this today.
    I am beginning to forgive the lack of a meaty sp.
    I do think they have missed the 'celebration of Nintendo and games' part of the series with this title.

New characters are confusing as many aren't obvious fighters, it may come in time but some of the moves seem a bit over thought. Villager's tree for example.

Little Mac is good but doesn't suit my style, I like the quick but controlled characters like link.
    The super quick have always ended up with me suiciding.

Oddly I am really doing well with Bowser and DK.
  • There is a challenge that dictates
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Don't even know how to do final smash, might need to look up that manual again. This is all more complicated than I thought, but have a feeling it will turn from enjoyable game to awesome game as soon as it clicks.
  • Just press b when you have it.
  • I think you start the challenge holding it - so you just press the use item button if memory serves correct.
  • Ooh yeah missed that it was about that challenge.
    Yeah proper easy one once you know how to activate it.
  • There were a lot of posts on here that I haven't read but I'm not going to trawl through them to try and get a gist of the game when I can just go ahead and ask this right here, so my question(s) are;

I've never played a smash before, SFIV and the like are not for me, I'm non too fussed about online multiplayer, I have a WiiU, Nintendos character designs do not offend me but I'll have no idea nor interest of who the characters outside of the marquee titles are, I have an 8 year old son who likes most games just because and could be my local multiplayer partner, I'll have vouchers to spend post Christmas no doubt, I own all the new gen machines but have limited game time really and have my eye on other titles as well - although this never stops me from buying games I'll never see the end of any way, I quite fancy giving a Smash title a go.

Bearing all this in mind, is it worth a try or has it become a big time sink niche title only?
  • Its far from a time sink, its more of a pick up and play title for me as really, all of the things to do are relatively short whether that be a quick battle, a blast through the campaign with a character or an event or mini game.

I don't generally gel with fighting games either but I love smash, the gamecube version is still the pinnacle for me. Its also at its best in local multiplayer in my opinion. There is fun to be had.

My suggestion would be to have a butchers at a few youtube videos and see if it floats your boat. Part of the charm is the sheer wealth of Nintendo related things included, from characters, arenas, soundtracks, trophys, items etc.
  • I want to declare my love for this as I've put countless hours into it now. It's a fucking marvelous fighting game,the most fun I've had in a beat em up since Street Fighter IV. It's brilliantly balanced and is pretty much the only fighting game you can play as a 4-8 player riot or an ultra serious one on one.

My advice is complete the challenges, you'll pick up the nuances really quickly. Particularly the one where you have to survive with Luigi for one minute in the cruel melee.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!