Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Isn't Jackson's Kong about 8 hours long? I've never finished it yet but felt like I've watched it for days...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • If I remember rightly Jackson took the opening minute of the original King Kong movie and made it an hour long, full of Jack Black.
  • I fully accept it's too long.

Plus, I can never watch it again because it makes me unbearably sad.

But I can watch the T-rex fights on YouTube.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Hmmmm, I'll be interested to see how Kong could score so poorly. Even Godzilla had mixed reviews.
  • Saw Logan last night. It's an interesting movie, and arguably the most comic booky one - I.e. There is hyper violence mixed in with serious conversations and emotions. They certainly made the most of their 15 rating, although I couldn't help but feel some of the f-bombs were added just because they could be.

I'd say Jackman gets the best use of Wolverine he has had some far, and is able to do some Proper Acting as well as the action stuff. The action has a quite 'real' feel to it, only noticed a little wire work but otherwise it felt visceral and brutal. Logan certainly fucks people up.

Spoiler points:
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Saw Logan last night...
    Spoiler:

Very spoilery reply...
    Spoiler:
  • tin_robot wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Saw Logan last night...
    Spoiler:

Very spoilery reply...
    Spoiler:

Ahhhhh
    Spoiler:
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Spoiler:

Yeah.  I came up with a couple of explanations for that, but really the only one that properly worked was, "because the story demands it".
    Spoiler:
  • I really want to see Logan.
  • Here's a (Logan) idea...

Spoiler:
  • I really want to see Logan.

Me too. The latest in-cinema trailer finally sold it to me. Patrick Stewart saying “Two days on the road, only one meal, and hardly any sleep. She’s 11, I’m fucking 90!” Cinema full of people simultaneously laughed and winced at that line. I’m on the hype train now.
  • Just seen Logan "her" introduction is spectacular. A good movie.
    Spoiler:
  • Saw trailer for Ghost in the Shell. Found it annoying and stupid that they didn't use the iconic anime intro music. That would have been a no brainer for me.
  • Better than the entirety of Deadpool 1. 

Apparently playing with Logan, but I didn't see it.
  • Yeah not there when I saw Logan either.

But that was great
  • LOL. love deadpool. Quality pisstake.
  • I lolled a lot during the first one so I'll see the next one.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I did too. Deadpool may just be my favourite superhero movie.
  • Bone Tomahawk. Really don't know what to make of it. I think I enjoyed it - great performances and genuinely creepy atmosphere, with some very odd dialogue added in. Yeah, I think I did enjoy it. I need to watch it again I reckon.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I didn't. There was too much discord between the acts for me.
  • I watched Patriot's Day last night and Hacksaw Ridge tonight.

I've seen a lot of leg injuries.
  • I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Detached hips on fire off the shores of Okinawa. I watched spectators crippled in the smoke near the finishing straight. All those moments will be captured on film... like knees in pain... Time to die.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Saw trailer for Ghost in the Shell. Found it annoying and stupid that they didn't use the iconic anime intro music. That would have been a no brainer for me.

I don't think GitS is particularly momo friendly.
  • Logan was great.the level of violence....yowza. it had lots of feels too.Patrick Stewart was wonderful
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • @JRPC

Can you please list the reasons why you thought Logan was a 5 behind a spoiler wall? I'm guessing it just wasn't what you wanted from a superhero film.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not enough Smurfs.
  • I've largely forgotten it now I think.

My main complaint was that it just generally wasn't a very good film. Got no probs with the idea as such, but quality-wise if felt similar to the previous The Wolverine to me: nothing particularly terrible about it (like say Suicide Squad or Genysis), but just a completely perfunctory action movie with no spark or verve or cleverness to it. Marigold's a hack and did what hacks do. 

I think it also confused 'mature' with 'graphic'. I found most of the swearing and violence embarrassing and the opposite of mature.

Spoiler:

I really, really love Jackman though.
  • Live Die Repeat.

Blunt couldn't save it. Utter meh.

I should have just watched Groundhog Day and then Aliens.
  • It's actually called Edge of Tomorrow, but that's difficult to remember when the strapline was bigger on the poster etc than the title.

I liked it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!