Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Pierce Brosnan's singing in Mama Mia is a wonder that should not be missed.
    He deserved an oscar for that. Bloody brilliant. This films out-shits all other knowingly shit films. Its brilliant. Kinda of.

But Transformers The Last Knight however....I tried to watch it. Twice. Got about half an hour in..Just so bad. So very, very bad.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Cosby wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    I think Matt went for the go to Croatia method.
    Ah. I suppose that's a good solution if a little extreme.

Yarr, I'm on holiday.
  • An enjoyable explanation of mother! Has a touch of the DS about it.
    Spoiler:
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Most of that makes sense.
  • New Tomb Raider synopsis:

Lara Croft is the fiercely independent daughter of an eccentric adventurer who vanished when she was scarcely a teen. Now a young woman of 21 without any real focus or purpose, Lara navigates the chaotic streets of trendy East London as a bike courier, barely making the rent, and takes college courses, rarely making it to class. Determined to forge her own path, she refuses to take the reins of her father’s global empire just as staunchly as she rejects the idea that he’s truly gone. Advised to face the facts and move forward after seven years without him, even Lara can’t understand what drives her to finally solve the puzzle of his mysterious death.

Going explicitly against his final wishes, she leaves everything she knows behind in search of her dad’s last-known destination: a fabled tomb on a mythical island that might be somewhere off the coast of Japan. But her mission will not be an easy one; just reaching the island will be extremely treacherous. Suddenly, the stakes couldn’t be higher for Lara, who—against the odds and armed with only her sharp mind, blind faith and inherently stubborn spirit—must learn to push herself beyond her limits as she journeys into the unknown. If she survives this perilous adventure, it could be the making of her, earning her the name tomb raider.

No wait, come back!
  • I'll pass thanks.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I enjoyed mother. The spoiler up there pretty much nails it. Good to go in not knowing anything, and I'm now going to see just how that movie got financed and made. Obviously the Lawrence factor is a big part, but still man.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sacked off the cinema as I'm a filthy pirate and would rather go on the lash tomorrow. Sounds like my dream film though.
  • That's some piss tier photoshopping right there...
    lueRDNY.jpg
  • OOOOOOOOOOHH! DRIVE ANGRY is just starting on Ch5. That's some prime Nic Cage silliness right there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Wouldn't she be better off turning round? She'll hurt her neck like that.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • She'll certainly hurt someone's neck...
  • I wonder if she'll boast about climbing mount Snowden
    Spoiler:

• *Protip*
    Spoiler:
  • Oh god, shes gonna have a Dick van Dyke accent isnt she?
  • *even pro-er tip*
    Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Liking the new look for the Hulk in this Thor trailer:

• The Daddy wrote:
    *even pro-er tip*
    Spoiler:
    Damn you're good!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What's wrong with her neck? She looks like Bojack Horseman.
  • I decided to go full spoiler on Mother! because I’m not gonna get to see it in the cinema and I knew reading the back and forth on it would be this much fun.

Knowing the plot won’t diminish my enjoyment much, given it’s a trademark Aronofsky allegory rather than a straight narrative thrill. I just wanna dive in and enjoy how much he pisses people off, knowing that I can enjoy the film at my leisure in a few months time.

From what I can see though, Aronofsky 100% cops to the meaning outlined above, in Stoph’s spoiler tags. He’s said as much in interviews already – just not in that level of detail.

Spoiler:

I am absolutely loving the Guardian piece today about how audience ratings (in the States, naturally) have given it a big fat ‘F’.
  • Read that, guy sounded like a cunt.
  • Opinion columnists often do.
  • has anyone read the created contro for the new kingsman (essentially like Modern Warfare 2s No Russian moment)?
    For some reason I was cool with the gag in the first one that caused all the palaver (in part because it at least felt like the person had control over the situation and it was so casually done that perhaps it was all balanced in fairness game). But this new one
    Spoiler:
    seems more gross to me and makes me less likely to see the film.

Add to the fact they seem to (from the trails) be maintaining this disability = baddie trope, the whole thing stinks of disappointing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Liking the new look for the Hulk in this Thor trailer:

80's Lou Ferrigno Hulk was the height of TV superhero action back then.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The tomb raider trailer is really faithful to the games (well I know at least the 2013 one). I reminded me when videogame films started (Mario, sf) and how they didn't match the games in the majority of way.
  • eh, yeah, trailer looks quite good to me:

Nick Frost's beard earns it a bonus point.
  • I can't watch that at work, but unless it bears no relation to the above synopsis, it can't possibly be anything other than utterly rancid.
  • New James Cameron directed Terminator movie on the way. Arnie and Linda Hamilton to anchor movie as it's a passing the torch to a younger cast. Taking place directly after T2. Ignoring all the other sequels.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    New James Cameron directed Terminator movie on the way. Arnie and Linda Hamilton to anchor movie as it's a passing the torch to a younger cast. Taking place directly after T2. Ignoring all the other sequels.
    I'll probably ignore this one as well.
  • I can't watch that at work, but unless it bears no relation to the above synopsis, it can't possibly be anything other than utterly rancid.

I would say, based on the trailer, that the synopsis is seriously overweighted on the teenager stuff compared to the film itself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!