Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I had the red robot as a toy as a kid and it was my favourite thing.
  • The ship still looks great.
    The production design of the whole film was magnificent. Great score too. It's not a good film obviously, but it's an interesting curio if nothing else.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Is that Dr Hans Zarkov?
  • Was the batshit ending that the Doc and Maximilian merge to form one entity after they go through the Black Hole? I seem to recall that it was.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • That’s another film that was on every xmas and I’ve seen it a million times but I don’t think I’ve actually sat through the whole thing in one sitting. 
    I did try and watch it a couple of years ago and remember thinking wtf.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Never heard of Blackmore before.
    Just put it on. It is a weird mix of brilliant and garbage within a few minutes.

The way the humans move in low gravity is really very impressive.
    The polystyrene robot with big cartoon eyes, not so much.

Edit: gravity started impressive. Now has gone full Kirk under fire.

Back to good now. There is some neat wire work for the time and the edits and camera angles really sell it.
  • What a bizarre movie.
    How do you influence Sunshine, Event Horizon, Dead Space, Cars, ReBoot and Wordy from Look and Read all at the same time.

Yet still be a bit shit.
  • davyK wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Thats pretty racist, most probably his second language.

It's a fact he is hard to make out though. It's partially his accent but the general background noise and cross talk made it even worse. He was in Temple of Doom as well and his accent was very strong in that too but I was able to comprehend what he was saying in that.

I don't understand how not being able to understand what someone is saying because of an accent is being racist. I've been on the receiving end of it myself.

I was kidding.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    The Princess Bride is on Prime.  Very happy to watch this film again.  While I admit nostalgia plays a big part in some films, personally I think The Princess Bride stands the test of time very well.  That’s ultimately thanks to William Goldman’s screenplay.  The dialogue here is close to perfect.  Damn those who dismiss it.

Yeah. People dismissing it must be dead inside. It's also got the best sword fight in a film ever, as well as more 'quotes' than any other film. Just cos you didn't get the reference the first 100 times you heard it is your fault, not the film! ;)

And there's princess buttercup in that land trailer that Boris just posted.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I just watched Sucker Punch, AGAIN, fucking love it.
    Sorry h8terz.

That wwi trench sene is outrageously good action/production design/choreography.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything!
    Get schwifty.
  • I reckon a whole lot of 80s stuff that I loved at the time doesnt hold up. Watched Groundhog Day a few days ago and while it still holds up, there is a lot of mellodrama and some awful acting. Murray drags it over the line.

Other stuff has improved with time -  I think I enjoy Gremlins 2 and Scrooged a lot more nowadays. So maybe its just my tastes have changed over the years.

Goonies was an eye opener as to how bad it seems nowadays and DavyK is so spot on with the sheer noise of it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Thats pretty racist, most probably his second language.
    It's a fact he is hard to make out though. It's partially his accent but the general background noise and cross talk made it even worse. He was in Temple of Doom as well and his accent was very strong in that too but I was able to comprehend what he was saying in that. I don't understand how not being able to understand what someone is saying because of an accent is being racist. I've been on the receiving end of it myself.
    I was kidding.

Sorry - wrong end of stick there.....  as usual.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bill Murray.  I've never really liked him in anything. He overdoes it too much and I never found him funny.

However - I watched Scrooged for the first time this Christmas and I thought he was very good in that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Never heard of Blackmore before.
    Just put it on. It is a weird mix of brilliant and garbage within a few minutes.

The way the humans move in low gravity is really very impressive.
    The polystyrene robot with big cartoon eyes, not so much.

Edit: gravity started impressive. Now has gone full Kirk under fire.

Back to good now. There is some neat wire work for the time and the edits and camera angles really sell it.

I can’t find any ref to this online. What on earth is it?
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I just watched Sucker Punch, AGAIN, fucking love it.
    Sorry h8terz.

That wwi trench sene is outrageously good action/production design/choreography.

Gonna give it a go now
  • I am watching the Princess Bride, I honestly thought I'd seen that film. But I haven't. Might've caught a few scenes on TV in the background.

It's actually really good - just perfect line after perfect line. Also, the bitpart actors, lol.

No wonder AC Jimbo loves this film.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I am watching the Princess Bride, I honestly thought I'd seen that film. But I haven't. Might've caught a few scenes on TV in the background. It's actually really good - just perfect line after perfect line. Also, the bitpart actors, lol. No wonder AC Jimbo loves this film.

My man.
    Get schwifty.
  • Princess Bride is a classic for sure, even without seeing it as a kid I'd still've thought it'd stand out as a good example of the genre/time.
  • I'm watching it again now too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm watching it again now too.

• I'm convinced that it's the best all round family film.... At least of it's era and live action - I'd accept Disney or pixar might have something to say about it from their animated stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Promising Young Woman - an ok-ish revenge film, which is a bit too on the nose with its message. Things must be pretty bad if it's an Oscar contender.
  • Just watching Raiders on ch4 and bigging up the end scene to my son.
    They only went and cut the face melting bits
    Gutted
  • Wha? That's sacrilegious! Someone ought to be cast into a pit of snakes for that editing crime!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So there's no ending anymore?
  • I think they can show the nazis being hoovered into the god radio.
  • Weird. The full face melting was shown on RTE over Christmas.

Was the only part of the film we actually saw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!