b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    5p Muzzy. Red wall candidate.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Didn't know Mickey 17 was due so soon!  I might read the book first and get started pronto.  It's been sitting on my shelf for ages.

Unfortunately been pushed back for some more work to be done on it. No date as of now. Godzilla x Kong filling the spot now at least
  • regmcfly wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    That’s really interesting though - to see that the BBFC still has teeth. And their reasoning - that the film includes a genuine criminal act.
    Yep, I like that they still have a bite to them. Remember that the C does not stand for Censorship, as a lot people think, but for Classification.
    So has it never had a release in the UK before?
    The quote from the BBFC in the story implies it had to be cut on previous release as well.
    Ahh this makes sense.
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Tbh, I think Cameron’s stance seems a bit pointless since it’s not a situation where someone at the BBFC has been put in a situation where they need to make a somewhat subjective judgement on how to apply the guidelines in a borderline case. It’s very black and white that they cannot classify the film without cuts and the government would have to pass primary legislation for the film to be released without cuts.
    Drowning a rat is crucial to the plot, and the film falls apart without it, so you cannot cut it under any circumstances. Except when it is being released in cinemas in 1989 and 1993. And on home video in 1990, 1992 and 1993. But apart from that, you can't cut it.
    Yep, I should have clarified that. Weird that I didn't understand The Abyss without the rat.

Not sure if anyone knows but can you sell blu rays in the UK that aren't classified? Or you need a classification to be able to actually sell it?
    Just wondering if the result is similar to how some movies are Unrated in the USA and so can only be shown in certain cinemas or some cinemas won't show it and so the studios make the filmmakers cut stuff down to get a rating which will allow a wider release.

I've ever only seen the regular version of the Abyss and a very long time ago. Can't say I'd be overly keen to see a rat having a bad time though. 
    Similar to never needing to see Cannibal Holocaust again because of the animal stuff, although I think they've even released a non-animal version of that film.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    According to Google it’s illegal to supply unclassified Blu-rays.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Thankyou Let Me Google That For You.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Didn't know Mickey 17 was due so soon!  I might read the book first and get started pronto.  It's been sitting on my shelf for ages.

Unfortunately been pushed back for some more work to be done on it. No date as of now. Godzilla x Kong filling the spot now at least

Had a quick look and now I know Coyote Vs Acme a) was a thing and b) is no longer a thing. Sounded like it was/is pretty good too.
  • Wonka

It was ok. Hugh Grand steals the show and my son absolutely loved it and declared it the best movie ever but he’s 8 and loves the whole magic of visiting the cinema. For me I thought the first 45 mins where a bit dull (although and least Neil from divine comedy hasn’t shat out anything as turgid as minchin managed for Matilda ) but it had a couple of laugh out loud moments.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Sum of All Fears isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, midway through. Not doing much new, but seems watchable at least.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

Shame but gives me time to read the book!  Also, I am mildly sceptical about it.  Asian directors doing Hollywood just doesn't have a good track record.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    The Sum of All Fears isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, midway through. Not doing much new, but seems watchable at least.
    Maybe by the end all your fears will add up.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Exciting times ahead on the spreadsheet front.
  • One family trip to Florida we got caught in a hurricane.
    Couldnt go outside, the TV was 100% weather reports and public health warnings, stuck in a villa with little else to do.

There was a DVD player with a handful of pirated DVDs, mostly kids films but a couple of grown up ones.

The Sum of All Fears was one of them, my dad put it on but we quickly realised there was no sound or subtitles.
    I got a book out and read that (The Shining if you must know).
    My parents watched the entirety of The Sum of All Fears with no sound or subs and then declared it a really good movie.

Ive still never seen it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Wonka

It was ok. Hugh Grand steals the show and my son absolutely loved it and declared it the best movie ever but he’s 8 and loves the whole magic of visiting the cinema. For me I thought the first 45 mins where a bit dull (although and least Neil from divine comedy hasn’t shat out anything as turgid as minchin managed for Matilda ) but it had a couple of laugh out loud moments.

Some of the greatest modern musical tunes written - shat out. Lol. Have a word with yourself!

• I remember him saying he nearly gave up comedy.

I thought he probably already had.

Talentless twat
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

Had a quick look and now I know Coyote Vs Acme a) was a thing and b) is no longer a thing. Sounded like it was/is pretty good too.

Looks likely that another studio or streaming service will pick it up. It was fully completed and testing well so seems a proper stupid move to bin it forever.
    Sad state of affairs that a movie disappearing forever is a thing we have to talk about today
  • Boyle and Garland officially working towards a 28 Years Later.
    I'm keen even though I'm very wary of sequels so long after the original
  • Olimite wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Wonka

Some of the greatest modern musical tunes written - shat out. Lol. Have a word with yourself!

Yeah, I thought Matilda was generally thought of as the best new(ish) musical for quite some time?
  • I think Bob just doesn’t like musicals.
  • poprock wrote:
    I think Bob just doesn’t like musicals.

But yet he still keeps going to see them?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I assume because Austin enjoys them.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • poprock wrote:
    I think Bob just doesn’t like musicals.
    But yet he still keeps going to see them?

Tickets booked for Fool me Twice - The Harlan Coben musical.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh
  • Big Don Lee punching fools and zombies: 

Teaser

Trailer
  • Tim Minchin didn't do the songs did he?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I assume because Austin enjoys them.

My wife made a pointed comment that I should probably try to enjoy them more because of this
    The Forum Herald™
  • Look at it as temporary pain, Bob. Austin will grow out of it. It’s a phase.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I think Bob just doesn’t like music.

FTFY
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

Hmm this kinda gradually got worse as the movie progressed, and ended up a bit shit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!