adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    hideo kojima liked dune 2 and disliked madame web we are such kindred spirits
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Titane. Not for me, just thought it was ridiculous. Not thrilling or scary in the slightest, just seemed like an eighties b-movie. Dreadful.
    Oh Skondo. Oh Skondo my dear.
    Go on then DS, what did I miss? To me, it just wasn’t interesting, thrilling or horrifying, it was simply rather dull and a bit silly.
    I mean you're not wrong, it's your own take. Wasn't mocking that, I just love it. For me it's a film about trauma (the primary overarching theme), the fractures it brings about both physical and mental (self degradation, anxiety etc), at times hope and redemption, and by the very end parental dynamics. Two struggling, at times awful, fucked up people realise they need each other and undertake such a dynamic. The whole car aspect is clearly representing toxic masculinity and her 'relationship' with it. It's told in a wonderfully out there way, which is much more enjoyable for me than a Meryl Streep estranged daughter kinda Oscar bait tearjerker.
    Sorry DS, didn’t mean to come across defensive and then almost asking you to justify why you like it. Probably could have expressed myself better.
    I might've accidentally rubbed you up the wrong way with my Titane comment (I haven't seen it btw, was just doing an idiotic Titanic quote).

Not at all Moot.
  • Might have to go see The Zone of Interest but I can't say I'm looking forward to it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not one to buy popcorn for I'd imagine.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hot dog and nachos though?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Any opinions on Killers of the Flower Moon, in particular whether it’s worth the ordeal of sitting through it in the cinema? Cineworld are putting on most of the Best Picture nominees and I can use Tesco Clubcard points to see it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I thought it was less than the sum of its parts and not one I’d put in the ‘must see in cinema’ category.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a few scenes that benefit from the big screen but it wouldn't lose much from watching at home.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • And Apple tv is worth it for all the other stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm going to be the half life opposing force and say I felt the whack of that movie in the cinema. Just overwhelming and genuinely incredible filmmaking.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    And Apple tv is worth it for all the other stuff.

I’ve already got Apple TV+ and I can get the cinema ticket with Clubcard points, it’s just purely whether it’s worth the faff of going to the cinema and sitting there for nearly four hours without a break.
  • The cinema is ace.
  • No it's not. It's full of other people talking, eating loudly, on their phones, being near.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No it's not. It's full of other people talking, eating loudly, on their phones, being near.

Here he is Mr Brightside
  • Lol
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    Titane. Not for me, just thought it was ridiculous. Not thrilling or scary in the slightest, just seemed like an eighties b-movie. Dreadful.
    Oh Skondo. Oh Skondo my dear.
    Go on then DS, what did I miss? To me, it just wasn’t interesting, thrilling or horrifying, it was simply rather dull and a bit silly.
    I mean you're not wrong, it's your own take. Wasn't mocking that, I just love it. For me it's a film about trauma (the primary overarching theme), the fractures it brings about both physical and mental (self degradation, anxiety etc), at times hope and redemption, and by the very end parental dynamics. Two struggling, at times awful, fucked up people realise they need each other and undertake such a dynamic. The whole car aspect is clearly representing toxic masculinity and her 'relationship' with it. It's told in a wonderfully out there way, which is much more enjoyable for me than a Meryl Streep estranged daughter kinda Oscar bait tearjerker.
    Sorry DS, didn’t mean to come across defensive and then almost asking you to justify why you like it. Probably could have expressed myself better.

Not at all dude don't be silly.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I hate the cinema now. It gives me panic attacks. I’m sadly a home viewer now.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I hate the cinema now. It gives me panic attacks. I’m sadly a home viewer now.
    Same
  • Last time I went to the cinema I went to the toilet after and there was a guy in the cubicle shouting about how he was going to cut everyone's belly open with a sword.

I went to see Jurassic World Dominion, it was awful.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Last time I went to the cinema it was The Zone of Interest and the whole room was completely silent.

Horses, courses.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was surprised how many people brought food into my screening of The Zone of Interest, albeit they ate it and then were quiet for the rest of the film.
  • I'm never going to see a 3 hour plus film at the cinema again. I just can't enjoy it after about 2.5 hours. I'm restless, need to stretch my legs, probably need a wee.

I'd go if there was an interval but I'm not getting through 3 hours plus adverts without ending up miserable.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I was surprised how many people brought food into my screening of The Zone of Interest, albeit they ate it and then were quiet for the rest of the film.

I took a CBT infused can of kombucha in. What an asshole post.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I watched TZOI at home and only had my cat for company.

I ate no food.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Last time I went to the cinema I went to the toilet after and there was a guy in the cubicle shouting about how he was going to cut everyone's belly open with a sword. I went to see Jurassic World Dominion.

Deserved.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I’ve never seen the end of Jurassic Park: The Lost World because when I went to see it in Morecambe on my birthday the cinema caught fire.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    I watched TZOI at home and only had my cat for company.

I ate no food.

I need more context about this and if how why it benefited or hindered your viewing.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Well, the film before that, Oppenheimer lasted 37 seconds before I left, practically in tears. Beating that was my main aim.

I succeeded but to be honest the cat did very little. I can’t really say I am surprised.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!