DOOM - Hurt me plenty!
  • Doom Eternal is quality.  It's probably doing a bit too much with perks and points and upgrades and rune slots and XP and whatnot, but the core gunplay is as good as it gets.  I've got no problem with the platforming yet either.
  • Bought me Doom64 this morning then. Looks absolutely mint on the consoles. Had forgotten just how good the ultra-creepy sound design is. 
    Also I totally suck at playing it now. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I found it pretty playable. Got walled in and mashed by some pinkies but it's a damn sight easier to play with twin sticks than on the N64
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Absolutely. I'm just twice the age I was when i last played it. :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh please......
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • :D
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I bought my copy while half plastered.

Woke up the next day and had a panic because I couldn't find it - it was a £50 game....

Found it in my box of SNES games - must have secreted it there so Wifey didn't find out.  Was kind of proud of my drunken self.
  • If I remember correctly there are
    Spoiler:
    Not a spoiler for the 'game' as such, but extra modes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No way I'd spend the equivalent now on a game even though I'm considerably better off.

(ignoring the fact I bought a classic arcade cabinet)
  • Maybe they're more hidden levels than modes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yes - re that spoiler.
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'd like to think the remaster has a few more goodies. I'm sorely tempted.
  • The remaster just looks fabulous, and for £3.99 it's a no brainer.
  • This gets better every time I play it. Sometimes feel like an acrobatic Murdering god.
  • Feels like we need a 64 sub thread, because I keep reading posts thinking it's for 64.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It is.  There's a different one?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Is the 64 remaster  DLC for the main game or a stand alone thing? Not interested in the main game.
  • Easter Eggs for Doom Eternal:
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've heard there's a mode in Doom Eternal that lets you take over a beastie in someone else's game....that true?
  • Yep.  You get a dialogue wheel too.
  • (No idea tbh, there's a dedicated monsters vs marines mode though)
  • davyK wrote:
    Is the 64 remaster  DLC for the main game or a stand alone thing? Not interested in the main game.
    Stand alone.
  • Got this via dubious means as I was in a sour mood. It’s good! But tough. Ammo feels more slight then before, amping up the puzzle element of the fights. They’ve done away with a lot of the artifice and laid bare the fact that it’s just a string of arena fights in a way that’s quite refreshing. Still think there’s an ungodly amount of busy work though, not a fan of all these incremental upgrades.
  • Ammo definitely feels more precious and the chainsaw re-up requiring fuel feels a bit much on occasion.  I'm hoping that fact that I've been ignoring half of the busy work doesn't come back to bite me in the latter stages.  I'm operating on a 'finding some secrets should see me through' philosophy and crossing my fingers.   Progression is steady but it's no pushover on Hurt Me Plenty.  Didn't play it last night as it's relentlessly intense and I wasn't in the mood.
  • @Temps 
    Aye, that's what's put me off this one. Didn't like that much in Doom2016, and all the talk I've heard about how it's been ramped up in Eternal has stopped me buying it.
  • God knows how necessary it all is really. Combat is very complex though, has me fancying a pad as there are a lot of buttons to recall
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Stand alone.

Oh nice. I'm in.
  • £3.99 mate. It's a no brainer!
  • Worth noting that the new Doom64 port actually contains 40 levels now. In addition to the original game there's an all new bonus mini-campaign called The Lost Levels, which can be accessed in several ways.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!