Bear & Badger YouTube Channel
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don't know what going on with my quoting up there. On my phone. It was me with the one eyed cat. Not anyone else.

No end quote tag after the smiley nor sense when it comes to murdering little bastards.
  • Let's sponsor Yoss to pour a bucket of cats over himself.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do I get to liquefy them first?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Which is stronger, your hatred of cats or your vegetarianism?

One way to find out...
  • I think a love for animals and a hatred of cats is the same thing. I picture all cat owners merrily strolling along hedgerows, ringing the necks of songbirds.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Which is stronger, your hatred of cats or your vegetarianism? One way to find out...

I'm not planning to eat them.

Edit: Ian knos.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    One too many.

I knew you'd say that. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Can you record conversations between two people as part of the video?  Guess it depends how you're recording the video really.  Anything from me would likely be a PS4 upload or something. 

Hmm...

Record chats on Skype, and either grab the footage with a camera on a 'pod, or dub over direct captures. Though less professional, I prefer the friendliness of Random Dave-style in-house cams.

@TheShend - you should do Sheriff Bunnell intros.
  • Giant Bomb style Quick Looks are great. Vids like teaching a 'murcan to play FIFA14 or teaching a non-sadist to play iRacing are better I'd say.

My fav vids are of older games with commentary on the deeper mechanics and someone in the room with a bunch of pre-queued facts about the soundtrack and gamography of the lead-animator.
  • Nice. Something he mentioned in that has sparked a question that's been bugging me for ages. What music is everyone going on about when people talk about Doom? He mentions the time stretched ambient spooky noises in D64 but that's all I remember from any version. It was years later when I heard the midi-guitar tunes that didn't seem to fit. The Saturn version had them as WAV files so we'd sometimes throw that in the CD player.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm talking about Aubrey Hodges, but most are talking about Bobby Prince, At Doom's Gate in particular:

Hodges' tunes went well with Sandy Petersen's quieter, more mazelike levels. I think that Prince's were a better fit for Romero's straightforward maps.
  • That popped up in one of the music quizzes a while back. I'd never have guessed it was from Doom in a million years.
  • So I've got my capture card narrowed down to the Hauppauge Rocket and the AVerMedia Live HD Portable HD thing. Both are about £110 and can record without a PC. I'm gonna try to do this without reintroducing Windows into my life if possible. The Hauppage can record onto a USB stick in a sensible format, the AVerMedia recods .ts files (what?) onto SD cards.

I don't know if it would be worth making a Bear & Badger splash screen with wooshing sound effect. I don't know who has the keys to the Bear & Badger YouTube channel tha I didn't know existed when I started this thread.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    I don't know who has the keys to the Bear & Badger YouTube channel tha I didn't know existed when I started this thread.

No, me either. We'll have to track him down and beat the password out of him. Or her.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    .ts files (what?) onto SD cards.

MPEG-TS, transport stream. Pretty good quality (H.264), and you can flick 'em straight onto YouTube. You can't intercept HDMI on a PS3, though, only component at 720/60. HDMI works with a 360, at 1080/30 or 720/60.

YouTube converts everything to 30 fps at something like 2 Mbps. These capture devices go up to ~14 Mbps CBR, and at roughly 100 MB per minute (with the option to increase that compression whenever), there's no reason to choose anything lower.

There are numerous freeware editors for simple trimming and whatnot. (AAC stereo audio, up to 384 kbps and 48 kHz.)
  • One great thing about researching these capture cards is hearing all the different ways people say "hauppauge" and how much "H" they stick on "HHHHHHaich Dee Em Eye".
  • Escape wrote:
    .ts files (what?) onto SD cards.
    MPEG-TS, transport stream. Pretty good quality (H.264), and you can flick 'em straight onto YouTube. You can't intercept HDMI on a PS3, though, only component at 720/60. HDMI works with a 360, at 1080/30 or 720/60. (YouTube converts everything to 30.) There are numerous freeware editors for simple trimming and whatnot. (AAC stereo audio up to 384 kbps and 48 kHz.)
    I know what it is, I work with video quite a bit, but I can't fathom why that would be the only output in PC Free mode.

I'm thinking of buying a splitter to strip the HDCP out of the PS3 HDMI.

I found this nugget in an Amazon review.
    I bought this unit for one main purpose - to copy from my SkyHD box to my computer for watching television at double the speed.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Whoreporgy 2 offers M2TS, TS and MP4.

I go with 'Bauhaus'. And they're American, not French, so - unless they are of French origin - it's a hard 'g'. Hapowge. Or, even more correctly, 'Apowge! Published Duke Nukem 3D.
  • Just ordered a Howpog Rocket. Should be here on Wed. Then I'll be a tuber. I'll be tubin'. Prepare the tubes. Lube the tubes. I'm going inside the tubes.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So who do we actually respect as youtube video game people? Yahtzee?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    My god, it's like the People's Front of Judea in here.  Where are all these videos then?
    Get schwifty.
  • I have a Hauppage HD-PVR I could donate. Runs off component.
  • Already subscribed to some individual badger's channels so will do so with this. Not got much free time to upload anything but might be able to do some online MP stuff (maybe Uncharted 4 once it's not meh like 3's) if my future is less game-time constrained.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    So who do we actually respect as youtube video game people? Yahtzee?
    I only really care for GiantBomb stuff. Not big on any of the other big names.
    indigo wrote:
    Already subscribed to some individual badger's channels so will do so with this.
    Who's got a channel on here and what are they? I'll update the OP?

• We've talked about this a bit in the Food thread. BnB recipe videos would be all sorts of win.
  • @Ian, Think it's best to let 'em say so themselves if they want to be added to anything.
  • Fair enough, I suppose some people might not want their white power channel being associated with their gamertag.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think my voice is too squeaky for tv. It's always held me back.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ps4 auto-capture + bloodborne = win. Except for needing to dick about via a usb stick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!