Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That I can dig. Gonna play and finish Mordor first me thinks. Enjoy your new toy, gents.
  • Bob wrote:
    Lots of bone TV advertising. Anyway Isle of Man postie lets me down and first class once again means 'when I can be bothered'
    That sucks ball bags. Still no sign of my Tesco copy either. Can't wait to sniff the crease of that map.

Second post for the win! Lovely packaging!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I suppose there are similarities, but the Dragon Age games I've played have seemed like very poor relations, in every way.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That I can dig. Gonna play and finish Mordor first me thinks. Enjoy your new toy, gents.

Good shout, that. Mordor is a quality game, and as this is a single playe thing it will be populating the second hand shelves before long.

Installation took no time at all, 32% in and it's let me start up. The opening cinematic was lovely. Time to get stuck in!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Not sure how i feel about this yet. :/ Too many niggles that're bothering me already - like having to double tap X (or X then Y) to loot/collect. Worse still, having to be stood in the perfect position with the camera looking exactly at it in order for the X prompt to pop up. With so many collectibles littering every square inch of the gameworld, that's a right analogue rotational fucking nightmare!

You can tell its proper graphical downgrade from how it should look. As such DA:I trumps it by quite a margin. Although arguments can be made that this is 'proper' open world, but still, it pales in comparison to the GTAV Remaster.

Combat is completely lacklustre like the previous game. You'd think now that everyone has cribbed the AssCreed/Batman/Mordor style (which i hate to begin with) they might wanna stand out from the crowd by adding some extra oomph! I know its an RPG and all, but Dragons Dogma's combat has a real "thunk" to it. This is like wafting blades of grass. Zero satisfaction!

Meh! Maybe i was expecting leaps & bounds of improvement over Witcher 2 (witch i enjoyed), but the first 4-5 hours haven't convinced me that's the case. I'll stick with it, cause, why wouldn't I? Its just not blowing my skirt up at the mo'.

Side note: My enjoyment did improve exponentially as soon as i ditched the horse (another pain in the arse) and wandered everywhere on foot.
  • I'm not sure whether I like this recent trend of offering 'season expansion passes' even before you've unboxed the game.  It seems even more ridiculous for a RPG like the Witcher with 50+ hours of normal gameplay (and 16 free DLCs to boot).

Guy in Game was trying to flog me a pass, and I'm like "mate, this game is already friggin' HUGE!, why would I want to pay extra for extra content that's not even been unveiled yet?"
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still early days for me, but so far the combat is underwhelming, but hoping it opens up as you gain abilities level up etc.

Graphically, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Some amazing landscapes and nice artwork, with detail everywhere. Yet, some of the animation is a little lacking, the flocks of birds in the sky, the way the leaves all "blow" more like a cloak on the side of the starting building just look out of place against the detailed graphics.

I'm sure once I'm into the quests and levelling, crafting, potioning that these niggles fade into the background.
  • About 8-10 hours in after a rather late night and a little while today.

As opposed to Curtis I seem to be able to just tap x as I'm running and have pockets full of the botanical gardens and various raw meats.

Not sure what you mean by downgrade either @Curtis as there is plenty of beauty to be found.
    Even just walking across the fields with not much else around is quite beutifull in itself.

The wind effects and noise is excellent.

Combat is challenging enough and things above my level dispose of me rather quickly.

Talking on party chat to a friend who had played around the same amount of time but handled things differently and there's a huge amount of differences on what happend or didn't between us.

Alchemy is really great and there's loads to it,
    Having to repair my weapons so often not so much.

Camera on right analogue seems a bit fast and a bit 'off'.

Horse is handy for exploration and running away.
    The hold x to stay on path as you gallop is quite decent.

Had to avoid some areas as there just too tough at my level but that's to be expected.

Lots of choice, lots to see and do.

Biggest gripe is if I try to play the card game and pass it boots me to xmb.
    (2 other friends have said this is the case too)
  • It has arrived! As has the wife back from work so I am going to have to wait to put it on and get stuck in. Absolutely lovely set of goodies with the game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Charles Dance!
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's alright so far. Not amazeballs.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Charles Dance!
    I didn't know this. Charles Dance is the bishop of awesome town - now I'm hella in. Some reviews spoke of some dodgy collision detection, especially in the combat. A thing? Or review code stuff.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Performance wise it's pretty good, graphics are very nice, there's an awful lot on-screen at any one time and it copes fine on bone. Resolution is such a fucking load of bollocks so far this gen i defy anyone to notice any res drops etc... While playing this. There's just too much going on for you to notice.  
    Foliage is rich and dense, the trees moving in the wind is a lovely touch and the change in weather etc... Is very atmospheric. It scores highly in my book for dramatic lighting, there's lots of rents of lights coming through the canopy that i love.
    Sound effects are top notch, with the wind making the trees complain and animals scurrying about. It's very nice.

Combat is nothing like Batman or Mordor IMO. Don't come into this thinking it is, the fluidity just isn't there. 
    As the combat isn't using a similar method to Batman/Mordor then collision is an issue a little. But it's nothing you haven't encountered a thousand time before in the third person genre. 
    It kind of kids you into thinking it's a brawler i.e. Stand toe to toe and bludgeon it out but it's best if you dance about a bit and only roll as a last resort.

Curtis mentioned the looting and button pushing. It's, again, typical for the genre but there's so much loot that the camera will get on your tits after several hours and you will get repetitive stress syndrome from gathering plants - why you have to confirm the picking of a plant when they weigh next to nothing and therefore have next to zero impact on your inventory limit is beyond me. Just auto pick them after the initial button press devs please. 

Omg yes, ditch the fucking horse.
  • So far the OPM review is the closest review to the experience in having with it. It's definitely not GTA or Skyrim, so it's wise to get those comparisons out your mind straight away.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just been killed by some drowners and it hung on reloading, wouldn't boot from dashboard either so a hard reset was called for...

...I have lost everything I have done tonight.

Console off and bourbon opened.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought your box wasn't here till Saturday? And is has autosave doesn't it??
  • Got it on the Bone
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yep it has auto save but it has put me back hours, right at the start of the Griffin mission...

And yes, as Kerno said, I've got it on the Bone as well.
  • Im not sure about this, GMG have it for £35 but i just finished the surprisingly excellent Dragon Age: Inquisition ten minutes ago despite thinking the first 2 were shit. I played the 2nd Witcher and thought that was shit, pretty much ignored this until the reviews came out. Tempting to click BUY. Undecided.
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Yep it has auto save but it has put me back hours, right at the start of the Griffin mission...

That's shite :-( I'm only 30 mins in but will duly take note - it did just say to save manually as it only saves at key moments, but you expect better than that!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    On the plus side...... FREE HORSE ARMOUR FOR ALL!!!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LOL
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:

That's shite :-( I'm only 30 mins in but will duly take note - it did just say to save manually as it only saves at key moments, but you expect better than that!
    I would have thought that defeating a Griffin and another 3 side missions would have generated at least one auto-save!

Still, lesson learned...

• What was the option to save like it was witches 2? Popped up on first start up
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    pnU2wW8.jpg
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What was the option to save like it was witches 2? Popped up on first start up

Is that what that was? I thought it was on about carrying your save data over from W2.

Excellent game this. Did a few side quests before I gear up to take on the Gruffun, loving it. Reading up on the enemies is great.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message

I was equally unsure, but am fairly sure I chose the wrong one despite that. Pessimism FTW.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I was equally unsure, but am fairly sure I chose the wrong one despite that. Pessimism FTW.

Unless you know Witcher II best to say no. It's for PS4 peeps who can't carry across a save, so if you remember your main decisions in II you can input them here.

EDIT - I believe stuff changes later on. Read an article about it somewhere.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!