The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    'But it's even worse than that, because I re-ran the Ultra pre-set with this next gen update and it averaged only 90fps'. [First world problems meme]

Yeah going from 100 to 90 who gives a shit but if my 6 year old gfx card now runs at 40 instead of 60 then what's the point.

Need some nerds to number crunch this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think "Ultra" now will be more ultra than Ultra before. If it's the actual same graphics than you'd kinda think it would pretty much run the same. So I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't get 60 by tweaking some stuff and it looking kinda like it did before.
  • The RT seems super heavy on PC's in the new version, and I haven't found settings that work great. Even when frame rates seems high (60+) it doesn't feel that smooth, and there are pretty frequent stutters. I reckon it might be my cpu which is letting the side down, though it's still reasonably recent (Ryzen 3700x + 3080).

Cobwebs are sometimes purple in Blood and Wine. When they're white they still look a bit shit.

Water looks beautiful, and the graphics are a big improvement, but it's still an old game.
  • Are you monitoring the fame times as well?
  • Nope - it was pretty obviously very inconsistent. I will have more of a play tonight, but I'm really just waiting for the digital foundry video to tell me what settings to use.
  • Had an hour or so on this (series x), seems decent so far. More colourful than I remember.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • So now realising that I haven’t got the patience to try and get back to where I was. Is there any way to get overpowered early doors to speed through the game? Or maybe I just bump things down to easy. Might just sack it off and go straight to the dlc.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Playing for the first time. Is there a pace to the combat I need to get used to?
    At the moment it seems to drop inputs (particularly left bumper for the signs) and I’m not sure if that’s because it’s doing some sort of turn based combat, or just the engine is crap.
    I’m on ps5 in performance mode.
  • Had another quick go. I was rolling before and dodging instead made things a bit better.

Still think there are the odd dropped inputs (left bumper) and the game certainly isn’t a locked 60 on the ps5.
  • Don’t forget potions and lotions … to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail
    The Forum Herald™
  • Started this last night, holy shit it's gorgeous. Just being back in that world with these characters brought a wee tear to my eye.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Oh it's nice to be back. In the end I turned off RT as the hit was too great but it still looks lovely. It's a lot smoother with DLSS. Think I'm going to need a new gfx card.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It really is lovely, up to the Bloody Baron again (never made it much further on my previous 2 attempts to play) and it's just so much nicer to play at a silky smooth frame rate.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is it possible to transfer a save file from the Switch to the XBox X? The internet says yes, but then none of the guides say how.
  • Kow wrote:
    Is it possible to transfer a save file from the Switch to the XBox X? The internet says yes, but then none of the guides say how.

I’m able to play on my steam deck and on Xbox using my gog account, it keeps a cloud save on their site for you to use. I’ll find the link.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • This article says the Switch version has updated to version 4.00 yet though but was dated 19th December so fingers crossed it has been now.

https://gamerant.com/the-witcher-3-transfer-saves-between-platforms/
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cheers. I'll have a go. Don't fancy starting the updated version from scratch.
  • Enjoying playing this again and it still manages to surprise me with how pretty it is.

caf18ac9-b2c9-4c3f-a033-90ae0f71266d.png
  • Getting right into this now - nearly finished the Bloody Baron quest line, forgot how good that story is. The Series X update for this makes it look incredible - when it's grimy, it's really really grimy bit when it's pretty there's not much that can compete with it. Plus, it's got an actor from Corrie in it - I think I've killed him four or five times.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Getting right into this now - nearly finished the Bloody Baron quest line, forgot how good that story is. The Series X update for this makes it look incredible - when it's grimy, it's really really grimy bit when it's pretty there's not much that can compete with it. Plus, it's got an actor from Corrie in it - I think I've killed him four or five times.

Ah you’re just getting to where it gets good! Aka where reg gives up
    The Forum Herald™
  • Those is my second play through. Haven't played it since 2017 though.
  • I had more fun second time .. started third
    The Forum Herald™
  • I installed/booted it up after the update arrived but only made it as far as the balcony.
  • I’ve got this on the Deck and it looks brilliant on that. I’ve tried playing the game 3 times though, quitting early each time. I’m trying to stop that from happening next time, so thought the Deck would be a good fit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This is about my 4th time playing and this time I've got the furthest. I'm going to finish it this time, and the dlc. I think it's definitely a GOAT for me. Even though I've never read the books (and never will), I'd say having a ready made world with fully fleshed out characters made all the difference for this, something that is missing from Cyberpunk. The world feels real and the characters have believable personalities. It doesn't hurt that they are all brilliantly voice acted. Geralt is probably my favourite game character of all time. I really hope Witcher 4 can keep up the quality. It would be nice if they could get that variety of citizens that Cyberpunk has, rather than the same few faces again and again.
  • I fucking love this game. Been exploring the coast and chopping up bandits and pirates, the slow mo finishers are brutal. Been trying to do the opposite of what I did on my first run, but given that it was about 6 years ago I'm struggling to remember! Made peace with the Crones of Crookback Bog, instead of killing them and I'm going against my instincts wherever possible. Such a great game - I was worried that it would have aged too much, bit it's undoubtedly my GOAT.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I could never
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The best game of the last gen by quite a bit.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow wrote:
    This is about my 4th time playing and this time I've got the furthest. I'm going to finish it this time, and the dlc. I think it's definitely a GOAT for me. Even though I've never read the books (and never will), I'd say having a ready made world with fully fleshed out characters made all the difference for this, something that is missing from Cyberpunk. The world feels real and the characters have believable personalities. It doesn't hurt that they are all brilliantly voice acted. Geralt is probably my favourite game character of all time. I really hope Witcher 4 can keep up the quality. It would be nice if they could get that variety of citizens that Cyberpunk has, rather than the same few faces again and again.

The DLC is tremendous.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Blood & Wine is incredible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!