SECRET SANTA 2014
  • Dear @Bollockoff, thanks for being my santa, much appreciated! Choccy was nice and read The Tiger that Came to Tea with my niece and kids yesterday. Egg is still oh so pleasing to fondle and the choccy will need to be eaten before New Year's Day. Kermode's book has yet to be touched but looking forward to that. Cheers once again!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Huge thanks to Santa Hologram for my present, excellent work dude!

And cheers again to Jon for organising this year. Sterling effort all round.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Thanks so much to @tin_robot 

Really thoughtful gifts. Can't believe the book; it's like nothing I've read before that's for sure!
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Cheers much to ace for the gubbins! :)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Massive thanks to @n0face - I've literally just got back home from spending the last 5 days away and the first thing I did was open my present.  I was not disappointed.  I've taken pictures, but will have to post them at a later date.  For now, here's a description of the delights within...

To begin with there was a fine selection of festive sweets - popping candy chocolate orange, chocolate coins and candy canes, accompanied by a pocket sized bottle of Speyburn.  There were also two presents cunningly concealed within Mario wrapping paper.

The first was a beautifully crafted 3D ABC book, which I promise to treat more carefully than the pop up books I had as a child!

The second, and most exciting of all, was an electric propeller for a paper aeroplane, which I plan to terrify the neighbours with later this week.

So all in all, a pretty excellent haul - thank you very much!
    metagonzo wrote:
    Thanks so much to @tin_robot  Really thoughtful gifts. Can't believe the book; it's like nothing I've read before that's for sure!

Glad you like them.  The book is, indeed, quite bizarre (in a good way) - if you really want to go down the rabbit hole there's quite a lot of related online stuff as well, but I'd finish the book first...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Many thanks to my Ozzie SS :-) Top effort particularly given the distance and the fact you don't have so much time for here these days - very much appreciated! And hope all's good more generally. #9-0, never forget.

No worries, I'm glad you like it!

It seems my pressy missed the window by a day of postage as it arrived today! Looks like the box got a bit of love on its way over...
    But yay! YAY! SS you have no idea how many times I almost bought the tetris lamp. I used to work in a shop that sold it and pretty much the end of every shift was a struggle of whether to spend my meager funds on it or not. Amazing gift, thanks for putting in the effort to send it all the way over here! The chilli choc shots look interesting too, am I supposed to use them as actual shot glasses?

HvGw60C.jpg

mkIXPVN.jpg
  • And everything is going well for me down here too, thanks for asking :)

I think this SS is almost my favourite thing about xmas each year. I certainly look forward to seeing what everyone gets.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Stoph the tiger actually has relation to your posting history if you take a gander at your created threads. Just so I don't seem as much of a random nutcase.

The egg is primarily meant as a bouncy ball. One that is a bastard to catch.

@Wookie 

612bfdb6d3a1df50a3e619097d89e60b95f2a3340a2c4d705b31fdbfd0ea7a0d.jpg
  • It seems my pressy missed the window by a day of postage as it arrived today!
    Excellent news.

The name of your Santa has been unlocked in the OP.
  • JonB wrote:
    It seems my pressy missed the window by a day of postage as it arrived today!
    Excellent news. The name of your Santa has been unlocked in the OP.

Presents and unlockables?! Best xmas ever.
    Thanks heaps Matty!
  • Haha, I'm used to getting in trouble with the missus

Make sure you cook for your missus soon!

(Book was based on a post of yours in the reasons to be cheerful thread I think, in case it seems too random, but the Wookie was the main gift.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I gave my parents' address for postage, 'cos I thought we'd be going there once we got back from Slovakia. However that did not happen! So I cannot open anything until we visit, which won't be until the middle of next week :(

Sorry to make you hold on; I won't check the OP in the meantime.

Big thanks to JonB for organising, seems to have gone exceptionally well as usual.
  • Many thanks to my SS, Outlaw! Thought it might have been you... I can tell a girl's handwriting from a dozen paces!

Billy - I was going to send a bunch of teabags as well but completely forgot. :(
  • I was very close to sending Wookie a pair of (under)pants...
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Many thanks to my SS, Outlaw! Thought it might have been you... I can tell a girl's handwriting from a dozen paces! Billy - I was going to send a bunch of teabags as well but completely forgot. :(

AHAHAHAHAHAHA you would have won the forum had you not forgotten that!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I was very close to sending Wookie a pair of (under)pants...

Haha!!! That would've been very funny!
    "Why is a man you've never met sending you pants?"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Many thanks to my SS, Outlaw! Thought it might have been you... I can tell a girl's handwriting from a dozen paces!

I realised you probably would as I was writing the card! Next year I'm gonna get a bloke to write everything out so I don't ruin the surprise. Glad you liked your pressies and chocs :)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can someone get me a voucher for the dentist next year, the sweet pile that exploded from my gift is too hard to resist.

I have Black Jack tongue.
  • I'll finish making my nanoblock tiger if it's the last thing I do!
  • Thanks for the Amiibo blue swirl and I put the voucher towards The Great Showdown books which were pretty prevelant on the image thread a while back. To those who haven't seen them you should all look them up.
  • I'll finish making my nanoblock tiger if it's the last thing I do!

I was chuckling inwardly to myself at the thought of you having to construct that, then on Christmas morning I opened a gift from a friend and what did I get...a bloody nanoblocks panda! Karma 1 - Outlaw 0.
  • I also got nanodots for Christmas and spent all afternoon playing with them. 
    I can make a straight line and a mess.
    Am I winning?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • JonB wrote:

Thanks heaps Matty!

No problem man, there is actually one thing missing still...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Thanks for the Amiibo blue swirl and I put the voucher towards The Great Showdown books which were pretty prevelant on the image thread a while back.

The voucher was meant to be a second Amiibo, but they rocketed up in price almost over night! Glad you made use of it. I also hope that Star Fox is to your liking, I wanted to get an Amiibo but was also trying to balance it being a character you'd probably like and one you probably wouldn't already have.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • MattyJ wrote:
    JonB wrote:

Thanks heaps Matty!

Another package?! Or booze to go in my choc shots?

• Blue Swirl wrote:
    Thanks for the Amiibo blue swirl and I put the voucher towards The Great Showdown books which were pretty prevelant on the image thread a while back.
    The voucher was meant to be a second Amiibo, but they rocketed up in price almost over night! Glad you made use of it. I also hope that Star Fox is to your liking, I wanted to get an Amiibo but was also trying to balance it being a character you'd probably like and one you probably wouldn't already have.

haha anyone else seen whats happened here?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I have no idea what swirl just said.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • look at who gave and got and gave
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • MattyJ wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Presents and unlockables?! Best xmas ever. Thanks heaps Matty!
    Another package?! Or booze to go in my choc shots?

Another package! Was dispatched seperately so will probable be a week or so!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!