Thread of the Dead
  • Can’t be happy to use the media, if you aren’t happy to have the media use you. Sad for her family and her dog.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The media in this country are absolute fucking scum from top to bottom tbf.
  • Yeah the media hit her partner in the head with a lamp.
  • I was in an abusive relationship, both emotionally/mentally and physically, I still wouldn't want her dead or make light of it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I mean, we will never know for sure because there will be no trial now but it is my opinion based on the police reports she was a violent domestic abuser. The courts obviously felt she was a threat as she was denied access to her partner.

Yeah, I'm with Liv on this. She'd been treated horrendously by the media prior to this, but at the point you're hitting someone over the head with a lamp, I have very little sympathy.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was in an abusive relationship, both emotionally/mentally and physically, I still wouldn't want her dead or make light of it.

Certainly don’t want her or anyone dead, nor am I making light of it. But at the same time if indeed she did commit suicide because of media pressure I have no sympathy if that caused it, as she was happy to use the media for all its worth to put her where she was, a leader of gossip and celebrity shite.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was in an abusive relationship, both emotionally/mentally and physically, I still wouldn't want her dead or make light of it.

Me too and mine was often fucking horrendous and petrifying but I’d still rather she had got herself sorted somehow.
  • She very clearly had heavy heavy heavy alcohol and mental health issues.  The media pressure stuff idgi?
  • nick_md wrote:

I dont think she deserved to die and I'm not making light of it so appologies if it came off that way.
    I just dont think it is especially sad and find it odd that this is all the media's fault.

I feel takes would be very different if this was a man under the same circumstances.
  • Yeah, I look on my ex partner with sympathy, she's clearly an angry and unhappy woman for a lot of the time. It can't be pleasant being that riled up all the time. I'm not excusing the actions, I hate her and will never speak to her again if I can help it, but I hate to think of her in pain or suffering. It's odd, admittedly.

There are no winners in this Flack thing, if everything is true then she clearly had issues, her partner suffered, she probably hated herself and knew what she was doing and hated it, but couldn't stop for whatever reason.
  • Fair play Liv, tbh I haven't read any media about it, I'm only reading this forum atm.
  • I don’t think it’s entirely the media’s fault, but I am also critical of the way the media can stick the knife in for weeks then just pretend like it never did anything - including deleting negative articles after news of the death
  • I'm not forgetting the weird fling with Harry Styles, who was 17 when she was 35 and was treated as a bit lol when it absolutely was not.

It's all just a big grim mess. I feel for her family and close ones.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Or the way they treated Sir Ant after his drink driving ting compared to other lesser celebs. They're all cunts.
  • They are indeed all cunts.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I don’t think it’s entirely the media’s fault, but I am also critical of the way the media can stick the knife in for weeks then just pretend like it never did anything - including deleting negative articles after news of the death
    Fuck The Sun.
  • nick_md wrote:

And you know this is happening day in day out without it being a
    Massive deal
    For
    Unfamous people ...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    And you know this is happening day in day out without it being a Massive deal For Unfamous people ...

I’m pretty certain it’s a massive deal for those in such relationships, however famous.
  • I don't know the point Bob is making wrt my comment.
  • To clarify I’m sure not everyone who assaulted their partner tops themselves for clarity
    The Forum Herald™
  • And for context we’re talking about the media I’m sure it’s a big deal for them but it’s not making national news.

The Forum Herald™
  • Idk what is says about me or the fracturing of media consumption generally that I literally had to Google this person. I'm tuning out way more than I thought apparently.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I don’t think it’s entirely the media’s fault, but I am also critical of the way the media can stick the knife in for weeks then just pretend like it never did anything - including deleting negative articles after news of the death
    Fuck The Sun.

Tssssssssssssss.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Idk what is says about me or the fracturing of media consumption generally that I literally had to Google this person. I'm tuning out way more than I thought apparently.

Not such a bad thing.

• Can't say I was any kind of fan but killing yourself alone on Valentine's Day is just very sad, regardless of whether you liked the lowbrow fluff she presented on TV.
  • Agreed. That it reached such a place of sadness, desperation and loneliness that she thought this was the only choice she had left is terrible.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    She had a taste for younger men which I thought was odd - but then plenty of people have a taste for youthful looks.

She was clearly unwell. :(
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The courts obviously felt she was a threat as she was denied access to her partner.

That’s standard for domestics. Treat an unknown risk as a high risk. It’s not necessarily because she was assessed as a danger. And, for clarity, I’m not saying that she wasn’t dangerous. We just don’t (and may never) have enough information.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I have absolutely no idea who this is either. Norra clue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!