Official Nintendo Magazine is no more
  • @retroking1981 - thats some nice stuff there. Cheers!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dunno if this has been mentioned, but the final issue of ONM contains a slightly uncomfortable 'Review of the Future' feature:

Mario Maker - 81. Good news! We're all Mario designers in the future! Bad news! Mario's Metacritic average takes a beating!

Yoshi's Wooly World - 13. Look - we've given this game a real drubbing.

The Legend of Zelda - 99. Zelda was so wonderful, that we're actually pretty glad we still didn't have jobs once it came out.

• Most of the writers on twitter seem to be in pretty high spirits about it all. I don't think anyone was made redundant through the closure, I never bought it but seeing them copy bits online always suggested to me it had a dumb sense of humour that got pretty wry at times. The 13 for Yarn Yoshi made me lol.
  • I didn't realise that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs hasn't been released yet.

Top 200 Nintendo games pt.2 was fun. So many excellent games, the order is almost irrelevant.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I didn't realise that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs hasn't been released yet.

It's one of the big* controversies in gaming at the moment. Conspiracy theorists suggest that it's because Ubisoft want the Wii U version to tank so they have an excuse to abandon the platform, after being one of the few 3rd parties to commit to it from the start.

*As big as any controversy can be in the world of pushing buttons to make flashy lights.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I didn't realise that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs hasn't been released yet.
    It's one of the big* controversies in gaming at the moment. Conspiracy theorists suggest that it's because Ubisoft want the Wii U version to tank so they have an excuse to abandon the platform, after being one of the few 3rd parties to commit to it from the start. *As big as any controversy can be in the world of pushing buttons to make flashy lights.

They've already said they ain't gonna support the console anymore (with M games at least)
  • There's a new kid in town to replace ONM, and the soon-to-be-folded Gamesmaster - 110% Gaming issue #1 arrived at work today. I haven't flicked through yet, so I'm only assuming it's a kids mag, but it did come with Lego stickers, Match Attax cards and posters. Maybe Haribo too, I have some in my pocket but I can't remember if they were from that or Go Girl!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!