101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Kow wrote:
    Bastard Windows decided to corrupt my profile for some reason, so I spent all evening trying to set up a new profile via safe mode and administrator accounts and then dragging all my stuff into it and then having to put in passwords and route all the programs to their correct drives etc. Fuck you Bill Gates, you're lucky I hate Steve Jobs even more.

Oof!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • DX Deliveries.
    Seriously, fuck these clowns.
    This is the courier company that the Russian Visa Centre uses to send your passport and Russian Visa back to you.
    Their tracking portal is fucking useless.
    They apparently tried to deliver my passport last Friday. If there had been any way for me to know it was coming, then I'd have stayed in for them.
    So the fuckwits try to deliver, and when there's no one in they don't even leave a card to say they've been, so I'm none the wiser.
    No, what they do is send me a letter by 2nd class to tell me they've been and could I get in touch with them to rearrange delivery. This letter takes the best part of a week to reach me.
    Their website then has the nerve to ask me for my phone number in case they need to get in touch with me about the delivery.
    THE SAME FUCKING PHONE NUMBER THAT'S WRITTEN ON THE FRONT OF THE DELIVERY ENVELOPE I PERSONALLY FILLED IN AT THE VISA CENTRE.

premium service my fucking ass

g.man
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I wonder if we’re seeing a new front in Russia’s attempts to undermine western democracy, this time by winding up Scotsmen?
  • *shakes fist*
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    To be fair that's pretty low hanging fruit
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The DX is for Deluxe
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Notaries. Slimy, smug, overcharging bastards.
  • They’re notarious for that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Another car one. It's been too long.
    Driving about and turning corners with pedestrians not looking to see if a car is approaching is fun. And becoming ever more common. They walk along the footpath and continue across the road without a sideways glance. I dont evne get annoyed about it any more its that common.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Sometimes I give the I'm impression I'm not paying attention because I'll quite happily walk out in front of a car that hasn't indicted, I've got that pissed off with the number of people who do it.

(Not suggest you're one, btw)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not sure about Ireland, but the law here is that if you turn into a street, a pedestrian crossing the street there has preference, whether there's any kind of crossing area or not. Not so many people actually know that though.
  • Not sure on the law here tbh but given that the pedestrian is the more fragile they automatically take precedence, but its quite dangerous of them not to even glance over their shoulder. I'm never going at a speed where I cant stop but there are situations where cars are parked at the corner etc and its hard to see peds which results in a sudden brake.
  • Another car one. It's been too long. Driving about and turning corners with pedestrians not looking to see if a car is approaching is fun. And becoming ever more common. They walk along the footpath and continue across the road without a sideways glance. I dont evne get annoyed about it any more, I just mow them down without a second thought.
  • A lass from our halls at uni used to march blindly into traffic whilst citing the law and her pedestrian right of way. Don’t think she had a great grasp on the laws of physics though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. The rights and wrongs of road use laws are of little consequence when lying underneath a car. :(

Strictly speaking though - I believe there is a law against jay-walking or the equivalent.

It's basic self preservation that makes one look both ways before crossing surely? Smart phones don't help either; esp. when combined with headphones. Madness.

• I hate pedestrians and motorists (yes, I hate everyone). I drive but spend most of my time as a pedestrian. It's staggering how many people are completely fucking useless at crossing roads. Elderly numpties shuffling across busy roads, dumb-ass students crossing without looking both ways... almost every day I see someone crossing a road in an idiotic fashion.

It's really easy to cross a road safely! They taught us how to do when we were 5! Look both fucking ways! 

Lemming syndrome really pisses me off. I walk the same way every day, about a 40 min walk past a number of junctions. I've got the traffic lights sussed, I know exactly when I can safely cross and the right speed to do so. The amount of times someone lemmings after me and then almost gets themselves knocked down is crazy.

And then the motorists... Every day I cross a zebra crossing with the dog. Every day at least 3 fucking wankers drive straight through not giving a shit. I give them sarcastic waves of thanks.
  • How do you feel about cyclists, Scout?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Those cunts!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Invariably, I’ve found if you turn your head to look in the wing mirrors and don’t make eye contact, motorists and pedestrians don’t take the risk of not being ‘seen’.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    YAMV.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • AJ wrote:
    How do you feel about cyclists, Scout?
    Surprisingly ambivalent!
  • Invariably, I’ve found if you turn your head to look in the wing mirrors and don’t make eye contact, motorists and pedestrians don’t take the risk of not being ‘seen’.
    Doesnt work for the most part in my experience, it does work sometimes though.
    Today there was grown man, no headphones in, no smartphones just walked straight off the path in front of me. He didn't so much as glance to the side and wouldnt have known I wasnt looking.
    To add to this, its a beautiful,amazing,hot, sunny day here and I had Bambelo blaring. The dude must have heard me but just ploughed on.
    I get people daydream etc, ive done it myself. But this is now a daily occurence. Taken with similar behaviour from motorists and cyclists....Roads are getting more dangerous. I blame the lack of police presence.

But it also ties in with the selfishness of people now imo. Even in the park last night with the kids. My kids and their friends queued at the swings for about 10minutes(I was on my phone so had a fair idea of the acutal time). A boy and two girls,maybe 9 years old were on the swings (and had been there prior to our arrival). So when they left my gang started taking their turns.
    No exaggeration not more than 4 minutes later the kids came back DEMANDING the return of the swings, that it was their turn and they should have them. Their mother was sitting nearby and they went up to her shouting that my gang were being mean and bullying them. Which they werent, each person hadnt even had a turn yet.  I could tell the boy wasn't just being a dick but genuinely thought other people should jump when he said so.
    That sounds minor but Im seeing it happen a lot with kids and people in general actually.

In short I hate other people's kids. Yes that includes yours!!!!
  • Where is Andy anyway?  He's been very quiet recently.
  • There are also just far too many cars about, which ties in nicely with people being selfish.
  • Long story short. I had a phone interview scheduled for 1pm on Tuesday next. All good.
    Then a work meeting was scheduled for 1pm. So I reschedule my interview to 12pm.
    Guess what happens next.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Someone pulls out in front of you without indicating?
  • :D you guys!!!!!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bring back Tufty

511mSiyokfL.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pulling on your jeans in a hurry with the belt still on, and have the belt buckle do a perfect arc and twat you in your balls just hard enough to make you feel a bit sick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!