101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Yup. Earlier this year I was over there. Visited her cousin who'd just given birth. I sat in a living room with 5 Spanish women talking over each other at max volume while barely pausing for breath for over 2 hours. At the same time a massive TV was on featuring a trashy Spanish TV show that featured wacky noises like BOOOOIIIINNNGGGG!!! TWIT-TAWOOO!!!! etc

I thought I was going to lose my mind.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The "On The Market" advert. Fuck me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Capitalism whinge. Boss wants to add a little under 30% to the cost of all services in the shop. Ive been tasked with writing a message to customers to make it sound like this is in response to rising rents, costs and wages, and a drive to reinvest in the business to raise quality and standards. It's all nonsense. He just wants a lot more money than the fucking loads of money he is already getting, and he doesn't plan to share any of it with staff.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Do yo do his books as well as open his doors??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The financial and investment sides of the business are delegated to two sub-bosses. One of which leans towards squeezing profits and productivity from staff, the other leans towards expanding quality/services. The latter of these two peeps im reasonably close with. He's entrepreneurial in all the rights ways and really good at his job, so he's saved the company a lot of money by- for example- agreeing deals with local breweries so we get beer and whiskey for free (where in the past we paid), big discounts on premium stock, and even free or subsidised furniture and others items for the decor. These new additions are among the primary reasons im being given to justify the price increase. It's nonsense. The boss just wants more money.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm no fan of unchecked capitalism either
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Just got super sweaty cleaning my bathroom and now I want a shower but don't want to mess up the bathroom.

I've also inhaled half a bottle of Viakal.
  • Women. Jesus fucking Christ they are a bunch of stubborn bastards sometimes.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Stop the presses
  • Well yes, but Jesus wept anyway.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sorry mush, obviously worthy of note, hence you noting it
  • I keep a bowl of fruit on my desk. To save bringing it in every day, I take in the week’s-worth at the start of the week. Usually 1 banana and 1 apple for each day I’ll be in.

Yesterday, I thought a banana went missing in the morning. I wasn’t certain, though; I could have absentmindedly eaten it after my coffee. Then, in the afternoon, an apple went missing. I knew for sure this time; I knew I had one Pink Lady and two Braeburn, and the Pink Lady was gone.

One of my colleagues just admitted that he ate it, when another one asked if I’d found out who’d taken it. Then he admitted that he only had two or three bites before realising that he didn’t really want it, and threw it in the bin. It’s like that scene in friends.

I don’t want to overreact but, I mean, what the fuck? They’re not cheap apples. Even if they were, how about you fucking replace it if you decide to help yourself?
  • I’ll never understand some people. I mean, why would you take a pink lady when a Braeburn is right there?
  • Pink Lady is top tier Apple.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • WH Snirhs in my work were doing 2 x 600ml bottles of Pepsi Max Raspberry for £2.50 so I got two thinking ill have one now and leave the other in the fridge for when I finish and the drive home. Go to leave and it's gone, load of people in the rec room having their tea so I'm like WTF. Turns out someone did nick it and whilst I was mad I didn't have anything to drink for the drive home, he did buy me a new one the next day.

Fuck them, Andy. Stand firm.
  • I’ll never understand some people. I mean, why would you take a pink lady when a Braeburn is right there?

You should be prosecuted for committing those words to record
  • Andy wrote:
    I keep a bowl of fruit on my desk. To save bringing it in every day, I take in the week’s-worth at the start of the week. Usually 1 banana and 1 apple for each day I’ll be in. Yesterday, I thought a banana went missing in the morning. I wasn’t certain, though; I could have absentmindedly eaten it after my coffee. Then, in the afternoon, an apple went missing. I knew for sure this time; I knew I had one Pink Lady and two Braeburn, and the Pink Lady was gone. One of my colleagues just admitted that he ate it, when another one asked if I’d found out who’d taken it. Then he admitted that he only had two or three bites before realising that he didn’t really want it, and threw it in the bin. It’s like that scene in friends. I don’t want to overreact but, I mean, what the fuck? They’re not cheap apples. Even if they were, how about you fucking replace it if you decide to help yourself?
    Arrest him.
  • Tempy wrote:
    WH Snirhs

I was drinking tea, you fucker.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Can you not just arrest them?
  • Tempy wrote:
    WH Snirhs

Don't knock it mate, they do really good cofveve.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • On the subject of Pink Ladies, are we all agreed that Grease 2’s Sharon is the pinnacle?
  • cockbeard wrote:

I’ve just reported him to Professional Standards, they can arrest him.
  • Tempy wrote:
    WH Snirhs

I was drinking tea, you fucker.

Owned by Mr Snrub
  • On the subject of Pink Ladies, are we all agreed that Grease 2’s Sharon is the pinnacle?

Absolutely not.  Marty from the first film.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:

I'm unsure if that's better or worse than arresting them yourself, isn't that like becoming a grass??

A while before the IPCC came about (c2001) a mate got his leg broken during an arrest and a few days after starting complaint procedures he was visited by 2 CID who informed him that continuing the complaint was a very bad move. In fact Peter had the worst luck, one of his neighbours was either a dummy body for 9/11 or just left as he feared repurcussions. I was over at his and he mentioend that he'd not seen his neighbour since the attack, and asked me to get into his flat, so I did and it was pretty surreal, copies of the Qu'ran, lots of patterned drapes and rugs and books on flight and aviation. Now in fairness Bournemouth was the home of the Air Traffic Control school at the time and there's every chance he feared recrimination so just left mid study, or maybe he was on a reserve list and didn't get selected. Needless to say I took one look around and called the Police quick smart, see there are some times I resort to our official law enforcement agencies
  • Andy wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:

Did you actually do this?
  • I was actually eating cereal fyi
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, the guy coincidentally fell down some stairs so there was no need.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!