101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I absolutely love WhatsApp emojis. The eyes one and the see no evil monkey are top tier.
  • Moon face rules all.
  • I like to combo them, like finger-pointing-right + ok-symbol for sex, or finger-pointing-up + peach for digital insertion.

I played a game of guess the film using emojis at one point, killed half an hour or so.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Using emojis is fine. It's that fecking laughing business that gets me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • My average broadband speed is 1.6 Mb/s. I complained to my supplier and in fairness they're going to upgrade me to fibre broadband for only £17 a month.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • A lot of places getting under 3 or 4mb were the first to be upgraded to Fibre, so tbf decent broadband probably never existed there.
  • I rarely use emojis. They’re like exclamation marks;  they’re generally used too often, and I worry that using them will make people think I’m an idiot. Mostly because I think people look like idiots when they use them. (I know, I know, and, yes, I’m speaking to my therapist about it.) The crying laughing emoji makes me wince. When I see my colleagues posting them in the group chat I want to reach through the screen, grab them, and shout, “YOU’RE A GROWN ADULT.” That see no evil monkey? Gah. Yes, it’s cute, but it doesn’t make you cute for using it.

I occasionally use the ‘cynical chin stroke’ one in response to the shite one of the young lads posts in another group chat. Or the winky smiley to point out that I’m being sarcastic. Apart from that, I noticed that their usage went up several fold when I was chatting to lassies on Tinder, because that seems to be how the eyebrow brigade communicate.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    A lot of places getting under 3 or 4mb were the first to be upgraded to Fibre, so tbf decent broadband probably never existed there.

Yeah, I did know it was going to be bad because I did the speed test thing but it said between 3 and 5 Mbs which I never get. I don't even understand how it works and never bothered to find out. They're only sending a new router so it doesn't require any installation or anything which I presumed it would.
  • Depends if the person before you had it done.
    They only thing they do is change the phone socket on the wall.
    It'll be fibre to cabinet so that last stretch is just the old phoneline.
  • Ah. I presumed that'd bottleneck it but I guess not. So you can get normal broadband through a fibre phone socket but not the other way around?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think emojis are great. I think that the reason people look down on them is because they’re used in written communication, but they shouldn’t really be thought of as written communication, IMO. They should be thought of as a way of adding a tone of voice or facial expression in written communication.

And yes, of course it’s possible to express those things through the correct choice of words alone, but often takes a great deal more time and thought, not to mention skill, and written communication has become so commonplace in the modern world that thinking that carefully about what you write all of the time can easily become a not-insignificant mental burden.

Emojis make for quicker, easier communication which makes for more communication. Bring them on.
  • @Space
    I think it may slow it slightly but the normal bottlenecking from residential broadband comes from a whole street using traditional phone lines.

Yeah the socket looks the same but the front panel normally has a split in it and often has "Openreach" embossed on it. Inside I think there is a little circuit board that does something or other.

Might be worth double checking yours but I think they have a register of addresses that have had them fitted.
  • I do the occasional :thumbsup: to be all, yes I know how type emoji's out without using the menu :dealwithitshades:
  • It does indeed say Openreach on the top in massive letters I'd never noticed before. Cheers. The lady never mentioned any of this but I suppose why would she? Even when I asked if it needed any kind of installation she just said "No", which is fair enough really.
  • They used to ask and give pictures and all sorts but I guess most places that have fibre have had the job done now.
  • :Harold:

Ok not really an emoji but whatever, :dealwithitshades:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah me old cobber
  • I didn't know Harold meme guy was called Harold until recently, but he's up there with the best.
  • Bitmoji are where its at kids. Emojis are so yesterday.

The toilet lids in the new house are those slow fall ones. Sometimes when "making it rain" the lid starts to fall of its own accord, threatening to break the stream.
    Gives the urination experience a bit more edge.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Bitmoji are where its at kids. Emojis are so yesterday. The toilet lids in the new house are those slow fall ones. Sometimes when "making it rain" the lid starts to fall of its own accord, threatening to break the stream. Gives the urination experience a bit more edge.

I share your pain there. I think the problem is people who tend to buy slow hinge also buy more expensive (thicker) wood for the seat and lid, therefore compromising that sacred >90 degree angle.
  • Bitmoji are where its at kids.
    I have a couple of friends who use them. The novelty wore off for me after the second or third.

I’m more tolerant of this sort of thing: ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

But only marginally.
  • Are they ears or arms?
  • Ones a wotsit, the other is a quaver, hes a cheesy snack whisperer.
  • Are they ears or arms?

I see them as arms. He’s showing off his guns with his serious mean face on.
  • Andy wrote:
    Are they ears or arms?
    I see them as arms. He’s showing off his guns with his serious mean face on.

Which I suppose is the same as "I'm listening to everything you say so watch out", but with ears instead of arms. Somebody write a Black Mirror sketch where a misinterpreted emoji leads to nuclear war.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

(=^▽^)σ

\\\٩(๑`^´๑)۶////

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。

How’s that?
  • Are they ears or arms?

THEY'RE ITS FUCKING ARMS, ITS FUCKING STRONK AND ITS FLEXING ON ALL THE LATIN ALPHABET USING VIRGINS.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!