101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Good advice tbf. Unlikely, fly to Rome and start breaking into places in Glasgow.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • After seven hours I've finally been contacted by the depot in Glasgow. I hope nobody is planning on getting a new laptop because there is a GLOBAL SHORTAGE and they cannot send me one. What about that one we sent you on Tuesday? Oh yeah, you can have that one.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jesus fuckwit. What a bunch of norberts. GLOBAL SHORTAGE though, love their added drama
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Those are literally the words she used. Also, rather than phone my mobile she contacted me on Skype, one of the few services on the laptop that hadn't blown its brains out. 10 minutes later and the whole thing is terminal. That was close.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    One of the best bits about working in IT is (most of the time) being able to bypass or at least update support tickets after the fact to keep the business working
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Anyway, hope the time away isn't too harsh on you, good luck fella
  • Oh I'm not offshore.  I'm not insane.  I send engineers offshore then take credit for their work.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I thought you were too. I re-read the original post.
    Unlikely wrote:
    Dear Unlikely, on the day you are due to go live on an offshore commissioning project I have decided to fuck my HDD into shrapnel.

Love,

Your work laptop

Oh, lie-v, not liv.
  • Yes, go live, as in commissioning and SAT*. 

*Site Acceptance Testing, before anyone thinks I just sit about**.

**I do just sit about, see my previous post.
  • I had visions of you sitting in the middle of The North Sea in a little rubber dinghy, hammering away at a broken laptop whilst waving your phone in the air trying to get a signal.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    He'd still get a better connection than you.
  • hahaha...
  • ...wait...
  • *weeps*
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Hooray for "best shored" helpdesk. The laptop hard disk has failed. HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO ASK ME TO REPEAT THAT?

Our main application has been broken since October. I've been passed between 8 different technicians from corporate IT. Last week I was asked "What is the problem?" and "Have you contacted the vendor?". I tried to be polite but it just came out as a snarky "How do you expect to fix this if you haven't even bothered reading the last 6 months worth of error logs from myself and reports from the other technicians?"

Fucking outsourcing.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    One call resolution and not recognising or marking child cases correctly due to either lack of aptitude, training, or even being made aware of current known issues, lead to outsourced tech support being shite, even when you've a massive deal with the big boys. Summer contract we had IBM special deal for big big clients, still pretty damn poor. I would regularly just phone up and when they remote in just say, yes I need to do this, this and this, change these regkeys, and these dlls, please do so

They had no idea what I was doing it w3as only because I meticulously added original files edited files and file locations to the notes that it was really traceable
  • There must be some mistake. apparently the local HSBC no longer accepts cash?

you’re a fucking bank ffs
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If that's the case I'd torch the hole.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • There is a large problem with call centres in general IMO. Its all stats based. Keep the queue down, increase FCR blah blah. The focus shifts to meeting stats than actually helping the person calling in and so the stats are massaged...Cases are closed when they really aren't etc etc. Ugh hated that world.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) are used as an attempt to measure outcomes.

Unfortunately the over-emphasis is always on the I and the idea of targets.

They are used to indicate outcomes, they do not measure them.

They are not used that way sadly.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Argh. Ok. Dishwashing.

Dishwashing bowl is bottom up in the sink. Dirty dishes, mugs, etc are popped to the side of the sink, ready to be cleaned. If there is not clear and easy space to fit it, the wife always just stacks stuff on top of the fucking bowl, meaning I have to pick it all up and put it on the side to turn over the bowl to do the washing up so why didn't she just fucking put it on the fucking side in the first place. 

She also consistently puts the cat food bowl on the side without scraping out the remains of his dinner that he's refusing to eat, leaving it for me.

Argh. She's lucky she's pretty.
  • You gotta rinse, YOU GOTTA RINNNNNNNNSE!

Especially cat food, that and weetabix could be used as thermal shielding on the Space Shuttle.
  • I fucking hate washing up, especially when that happens.

If there is no obvious space either re-arrange things if you can't wash up right now, or if you've time wash some of it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think the Egyptians used a composite of weetabix and catfound to bind the pyramids
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What did the cat find?
  • Weetabix... fucking hell. Don't even get me started on that!

I think I've moaned on here before about cooking habits. There. Is. A. Bin. Behind. You. Wifey. Put stuff in it as you're fucking cooking. When I cook, the kitchen gets mildly untidy. When she cooks it's like it's been fucking carpet bombed. Just little stuff - Making noodles and just leaving the packaging on the side instead of taking the 1 second to put it in the bin. I know it only takes me a second later on but THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    My wife stacks the recycling on top of the recycling box!

JUST FUCKING PUT IT IN! PLEAAASSSEEE
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JUST FUCKING PUT IT IN! PLEAAASSSEEE

Are you still talking about recycling here?
  • My wife balances expensive things on things. She'll charge an iPhone on something it can fall off of and break rather than resting it on a flat surface. Sometimes it feels like she's either winding me up because she knows I can't handle precariously positioned electronics, or she's she's getting some sort of thrill boost multiplier from the possibility of an accident. The other thing that annoys me is that I'm incredibly careful with everything like that, yet historically speaking I've broken more things anyway (and she knows this, and uses this against me).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!