101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • I used to get the Greggs deal a lot when I was at uni last year, gotta remember not everyone on this forum is in touch with REAL LIFE though
  • Coffee on it's own still takes too long. You can have a cloudy lemonade and learn to like it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you seriously want me to start having uncaffeinated drinks in the morning, I may as well start my murderous rampage now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I used to get the Greggs deal a lot when I was at uni last year, gotta remember not everyone on this forum is in touch with REAL LIFE though

My closest greggs is a 15 mile drive away. They're not that good.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    If you seriously want me to start having uncaffeinated drinks in the morning, I may as well start my murderous rampage now.

Loads of caffeinated drinks in a fridge but, in the morning, I would tend to take a hot drink over a cold one.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I used to get the Greggs deal a lot when I was at uni last year, gotta remember not everyone on this forum is in touch with REAL LIFE though

My closest greggs is a 15 mile drive away. They're not that good.

Exactly, where’s the REAL LIFE there
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There is no life here, that's why the nearest greggs is 15 miles away :-(
  • There’s a Greggs Drive-thru opening near me soon!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian wrote:

Go crazy?
  • I live opposite the train station.
    There is some twat member of rail staff out there with a leaf blower trying to clear about 4 leaves off a step.

He has been at it for 15 minutes now.

Use a broom you dumb cunt, its 11pm.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Obviously wants tomorrow off, leaves on the track and all that
  • He is still going. I can see him out my living room window. Still on that same step.

vrrruuummpfff, vruuuuummpffff

vrummpff

vruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpff
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    My suburb is notorious for leaf blowers given the greenery therein and the best example of unnecessary blowing(!) I saw was after some rain.  Chap was clearing a footpath and some big leaves were basically pasted to the ground.  He was determined to clear it but only with the blower, so cue a few minutes of half stuck leaves flapping on the ground making a fwipfwipfwip sound.  I didn't see how the standoff ended.  The other one was a guy removing leaves from the base of a tree by walking around it, but this only served to move the leaves slightly around the tree each time so he did about three laps before realising he needed a new strat.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • People ordering coffee in Greggs.

Whrn I worked in Greggs it was an urn of hot water and a scoop of instant. These days everywhere you go you're stuck watching a fucking hipster ceremony of making a latte that drags on longer than the trailers in a cinema (now those get on my tits - fuck your movie loyalty cards and popcorn and drinks being artfully thrown around. I want to watch a film. I swear people wouldn't stream as much if you could just sit down and watch the fucking film )
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • It literally takes less than 30s for a Greggs attendant to press the latte button and it be ready.
  • Yeah but I feel like at Gregg's I want a tea urn, just seems more fitting.
    Also tabards.
  • If nothing else, Gregg's have to be commended on breaking the cartel of exorbitant pricing at motorway services. Their prices for a cuppa and a breakfast roll are a fraction of what all the robbing bastard franchises have traditionally charged.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have a tabard in work I have to wear when there is an evacuation/fire drill etc.

It is hi-vis yellow says "EO"/"DEO" on the back .

Deputy/Evacuation Officer.

Since I have lost weight it now fits me which is a bonus but I still look a prat in it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EO/DEO sounds like an 80s synth band.
    Maybe get a keytar to carry during drills.
  • davyK wrote:
    I still look a prat in it.

Can’t be the biggest worry. I mean, you can’t have to wear it often. Unless … wait. How many emergency evacuations do you have?
  • Tempy wrote:
    You mean a cob?
    bun, or butty. I'll accept bap too, and chuckle to myself since it also means booby.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Roll
    Bun
    Cob
    Bap
    Barm
    Barmcake
    Teacake
    Stottie
    Batch
    Bridie
    Barra
    Softie
    Morning roll
    Oven bottom
    Scuffler
    Muffin
  • I'd not had an oven bottom until the other day.
    I picked some up when Sainsburys was rinsed in bbq weather.

They make great burger buns for quarter pounders, or at least the ones I got did. I didn't cut them in half just used one on top and one as the base as they were pretty flat.
  • I miss the now-legendary Bless Stottie.

Speciality of a lovely pub in Derby called the Blessington Carriage (The Bless for short). A stottie is a particularly huge bread roll, pretty much the size of a dinner plate. They used to fill one with chips, cheese and home-made chilli con carne. Despite being served up as a sandwich, you could only take it on with a knife and fork. It was heavenly. It cured hangovers. It was enough to fuel you for a whole weekend.
  • I was on a windup, I’m a man of the world I can use any term and know what it means
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Roll
    Bun
    Cob
    Bap
    Barm
    Barmcake
    Teacake
    Stottie
    Batch
    Bridie
    Barra
    Softie
    Morning roll
    Oven bottom
    Scuffler
    Muffin

Surely this is a different thing to a roll, bap or bun (and everything else is a made up word except for teacake which is different again).
  • Pouring one out for those of you who don't know the majesty of a mortons crispy roll, god bless
  • Horrid things. As are the abominations known as ‘well fired rolls’
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Surely this is a different thing to a roll, bap or bun (and everything else is a made up word except for teacake which is different again).

Hark at t’Londoner.

Using ‘muffin’ for bread roll is a West Yorkshire thing. Quite common in the wild lands between Manchester and Leeds. Likewise ‘teacake’ … also West Yorkshire, but maybe more towards the north.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Using ‘muffin’ for bread roll is a West Yorkshire thing. Quite common in the wild lands between Manchester and Leeds.

Sheer madness. You all might as well be referring to rolls as fajitas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!