Reasons to be cheerful
  • Tempy wrote:
    Unconditional Offer on my Masters

FUCKING BADAMAN TEMPS, NOICE.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Great news Temps!!! Chuffed to hear this mate
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Unconditional Offer on my Masters

Congratulations. But what does that mean? To do a Master's or a job from one or something else?
  • Means I have been accepted on a One Years Masters course in 3D Environmental Design, which is the thing they Liv told
    me not to do, but I know myself well enough to know that I need the motivation and deadlines to bring he best out of me.

Thanks all!
  • Temps lemme know anytime if you need any help or advice about stuff on your course, I'm no 3D vfx guy but a fair few of the mordor peeps are doing vfx or working for game studios and im sure they'd be happy to help if you need anything.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • To be clear, I fully support Temps if that is what he feels is right for him.
  • Nice one temps!!
    When does it start,?
  • Congrats on the bignews, good luck.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    To be clear, I fully support Temps if that is what he feels is right for him.

Heh, sorry, didn’t mean to dob you in there. If i was younger, I’d take on board your advice, but I think I am making the right choice!
  • Its all good mate, I didn't think you meant it negatively, just didn't want anyone else reading it that way.
    If you need any help obviously give me a shout.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Congrats Tempy!

Feel free to contact me whenever you need advice or are stuck or anything. Even if you just need someone to talk to in the middle of the night while you're trying to finish an assignment.
  • Getting an email from the Big Boss telling us to all leave early and go enjoy the sunshine. Time for a cold beer.
  • My local has been shut for about two years. Was an absolute hole, but it was local. It reopened recently as a hipster heaven with a cinema and music venue downstairs, and it's fucking glorious. Johnny Cash tribute band in two weeks, £3. Cinema downstairs too.
  • Pfft. Doesn't even have a cinema.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Where’s that?
  • Grats Tempy.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Bellingham @yoss. 10 seconds from the station.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh, that might be the place which might have become the new base for the samba band, I had no idea it was open again.

No clue if it’s actually going ahead with them giving us a room. We’ll see.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Does anyone know a South London pub that also shows movies? Asking for a friend.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I now know a couple, including one that was the place where Vic met Bob.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Oh, that might be the place which might have become the new base for the samba band, I had no idea it was open again.

No clue if it’s actually going ahead with them lgiving us a room. We’ll see.

I can walk here in 15 mins, fingers crossed.

Henry Cooper used to train downstairs, according to cauliflower nose man.
  • The invention of the Aeropress.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I aeropressed this morning. It was great
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The giant coffee syringe of joy.
  • If I'm feeling awake enough I'll use an aeropress and a milk frother at work. Most days I just have it black from a caffetiere though. Never the machine, I've only used it once or twice (it's fine, but decent coffee once a day is a luxury I can afford).
  • I donated blood and treated myself to boa buns. A wonderful feeling of self satisfaction and fullness.
  • Despite working a bunch recently I've managed to paint and play a bunch of Warhammer since coming down to Notts and it is a good hobby.
  • We've been doing The Times Daily Quiz at work for ages, which consists of fifteen general knowledge questions every weekday.  There are no prizes up for grabs, but daily scores do go on a little spreadsheet accessible to maybe ten people to see who wins the week.  A certain colleague consistently performs...better than expected.  He's one of those know-it-all types who doesn't really know much, but won't stop relentlessly trying to prove he knows everything to anyone who'll listen. He's been caught passing bollocks off as definitive fact in the past, for example.  For months everyone and his dog has assumed that he's been cheating, but you can never be absolutely sure with this sort of thing, right?

Last Wednesday one of the answers was Rodney Dangerfield.  I can't remember the question, but it mentioned Caddyshack.  I'd put Bill Murray, and this guy was over by my desk, running the rule over what I'd put.  'You didn't get that?  I knew it because he's the voice of Mr. Burns' son in The Simpsons'.  Pertinent info - supervisor's printer access was borked, so at this point he was sitting in an empty seat next to this guy's usual pc.  Hung over, not quite sure what was going on, supervisor said 'wait, what? That's weird, you just said Mr. Burns' son and I've literally just seen that over here'.  Cutting to the chase, unfortunately minus a guffawing Bradley Walsh: quiz cheat was signed into Google on both machines and 'voice of Mr. Burns son' had popped up in a search on this screen.  Dunno if a keystroke triggered it, but there it was.  

Have we let it go since? Not on your nelly.  He's finally admitted to cheating (rather than the initial 'huh?  That's weird.  I don't know how that got there.  That's weird.  Can you log me out?' response) but claims it was only that once and that it's not really cheating because he knew the answer anyway.  Ok m8.

Edit: plus, someone may or may not have accidentally typed 'who' or 'what' into his search bar since and discovered a wealth of daily quiz related dirt.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!