Games with Gold - Get your monthly X1/360 cheapskate gaming fix
  • Webbins wrote:
    AS2 is the only one I played and I recall that being quite good. It was early on in the series so I don't think complacency had set in yet. That was free on the 360 one month, I don't know if you managed to bag it then.
    That was the peak tbh.

@digi
    I got it for the sailing but never made it that far, I got as far as the first town and just could not be arsed with it all. From all accounts the sailing is great but the rest has absolutely zero progression from AC2. If anything it feels worse.

• Webbins wrote:
    AS2 is the only one I played and I recall that being quite good. It was early on in the series so I don't think complacency had set in yet. That was free on the 360 one month, I don't know if you managed to bag it then.
    That was the peak tbh.

@digi
    I got it for the sailing but never made it that far, I got as far as the first town and just could not be arsed with it all. From all accounts the sailing is great but the rest has absolutely zero progression from AC2. If anything it feels worse.

It does get better, I really enjoyed the sailing and a couple of the stealth missions.
    The sailing really is the best part and it looks great when there's rain, tornados and lightning all kicking off at the same time.
  • Assassin's Creed is a lot like doing the hoovering.
    AC1- This is cool, a new toy to play with, I'm not very good at it but it makes noises and is kinda fun. Lol I hit a wall again.
    AC2- I get this now, I am good at it, hoovering is my thing, first choice chore.
    AC BH and Rev- OK Nailing this, I am bored of hoovering but it is still ok, there are worse chores/games.
    AC3- Sent round to Great Aunt's house who has an endless beige carpet full of beige dog hair. Fuck Hoovering ever again.
    AC4 BF- OMG I get to hoover up glitter, except the glitter is brown. Apparently I get a super hoover later. Hoovering is shit.
    AC Unity- Hoover blew up taking your legs with it.
    AC -London- COR BLIMEY HES ONLY GOT ONE O' THEM MECHA-NIKEL BRUMS!

The PSP games are like those car hoovers only weirdos own.
  • Quality post dat^
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Black Flag is defo worth playing for free. But the worst thing about it is the core elements just never seem to improve over the series.
    Which is more gauling when other games come out and nail it straight away. I.e. Mordor.
    Mordor does EVERYTHING Ass Crud does but sooooo much better.

The ship bits are best part of Black Flag.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Theres another mystery game for X1 free in July, not announced yet though.
  • It's No Mans sky.
  • You heard it here first guys.
    Don't forget to like and subscribe.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll like you in a minute. Wait...

I bet this secret bonus game is a backwards compatible jobby, so Perfect Dark, Kameo or something crap like that.
  • Dark Souls 2. Ummm Halo 4, ready for Halo 5. Destiny.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    MattyJ is obviously a glass half full kind of guy. It might even be brimming over.

I like it.
  • I'll like you in a minute. Wait...

I bet this secret bonus game is a backwards compatible jobby, so Perfect Dark, Kameo or something crap like that.

Fuck off !

Those two games are great !!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Plus they are in the Rare collection, which is released beginning of August so I very much doubt it will be either.
  • Blag Flag was actually really good for about two hours, and I hate Ass Crud games.
  • If Chalice says it's good it must be goty. I'm gonna fuck off Batman and Witcher and play it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Is this bone bc news as good as I think it is for my DL 360 collection? Even the freebies?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • It is if they add them to the BC library. If the recent poll on the Xbox forums was owt to go by, you'll see all the CoDs on there before you get a Fez or Rez. Here's hoping they BC a varied selection and don't listen to the shallow and narrow. Although if they manage to throw them up a hundred a month or whatever figure they quoted, they'll be rattling through them swiftly.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • From what I have seen it is front end rather than a re-versioning of each and every game. In which case I imagine the only delay will be processing, rights and mild testing.
  • Yeah, that's what it seems. I'm happy with that, tbh. My only gripe with going back to my 360 is the controller stiffness compared to the bone pad.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah there is definitely a difference. I have been running both Bone and 360 pads while playing Batman AK on PC. The 360 pad definitely feels better in familiar territory even if it is a next gen game.
  • Huge punch of salt time, but a rough 4chan screenshot suggests Ryse and Slash Dash are the GwG for the Bone in August, and Fallout: New Vegas and Catherine for the 360.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thought the ryse and slash dash thing was denied about a week ago?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That slash dash looks like a good beer game though.
  • Missed that. I think Phil Spencer has denied it but then he would wouldn't he?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If its true I'll be more than pleased with those 2.
  • Probably still bollocks but I remember thinking Phil Spencer's reply was potentially a little tricksy as he said something like "I can confirm that screenshot is fake..." so made no real comment on the games.
  • Ryse 2 for free confirmed.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I would be happy with Ryse
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Confirmed for when? A game I might actually bother to download. Maybe.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Confirmed my arse. This thing has been rumoured to be on the GWG schedule since launch, I'll believe it when it's trundling down my broadband pipe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!