Geometry Wars 3 - Weekly Leaderboard Competition - This Week: darkglobe picks Evolved Classic!
  • I only have your scores and at first I was like WTF!!? 
    But then the drones unlocked and I figured you were going back and replaying those levels with uber drones?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Which of you guys are on PS4? Add me plox.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Pretty much, I've been going back and 3 staring everything.  Its just the attack and collect drones that you need but I didn't realise until I was quite a bit in that you could upgrade the drones.
  • Yeah I'm top of all my friends atm, so add me if you're playing this!

Brilliant game, now we just need a Super Stardust or Everyday Shooter remake and I'm sorted.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    It will get a bit easier once you've upgraded your drones and unlocked some of the other supers.  Its probably the one thing I don't like about the game as the unlocking of drones and super attacks removes an aspect of the level playing field around competing for high scores against friends.

This is a huge turn-off for me. I loved the purity of the original. Think I'll just wait to pick this up at a more sensible price now.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can see why the drone would put people off but I guess the series is trying to move somewhere. I would have preferred if the game and hi-score tables had a drone/no drone filter. However it may be that the difficulty of the levels is cranked up to reflect the presence of it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I like the drones and supers, they add another element of strategy in terms of deciding which combination is best suited to the levels and picking ones that suit your playstyle. I would have preferred if they were all unlocked and fully upgraded from the start though. Its not a huge deal though as you have everything you need within a couple of hours of play.

The classic modes are all still in there too and are all drone-less.
  • I bought Resogun the other week and cannot believe all the hype it has got, even being called a "must have" for PS4. It's just a plod to me with no real urgency.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    I like the drones and supers, they add another element of strategy in terms of deciding which combination is best suited to the levels and picking ones that suit your playstyle. I would have preferred if they were all unlocked and fully upgraded from the start though. Its not a huge deal though as you have everything you need within a couple of hours of play. The classic modes are all still in there too and are all drone-less.

Yep. GW3 is basically GW:Galaxies with a 3D element + GW2 added as extras for good measure.

Noone else have this on 360? I'm a gen behind as per usual.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    I bought Resogun the other week and cannot believe all the hype it has got, even being called a "must have" for PS4. It's just a plod to me with no real urgency.

Plod? What difficulty are you playing it on and have you only played the first wave of the first level or something???
  • Original Gwars had the single best game mode. No composite part of GW2 came close, although it was undeniably a more comprehensive package.

Hmm, I'm guessing you don't mean original original, the hidden game on PGR2 OGXB, which only had the one game mode. STOP GETTING GEOMETRY WARS WRONG
  • Original evolved. So not the original. But the original in the context of non-originals.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    XBL GW1 has a retro and evolved mode. I'm guessing the retro is the original.

Whereas the retro section in GW3 is GW2.

GW:Galaxies has Galaxies mode (akin to GW3's adventure) and a Retro Evolved mode (which is the evolved mode of GW1 - no geoms).
  • Eurogamer review sums the game up pretty well.
  • Yea i meant Retro Evolved. That single game mode really was the peak. I did really enjoy GW2, but no single aspect had the depth of RE. 

Not sure i like the look of this new one. Have only watched 2 short vids, but the inclusion of enemies that take more than 1 shot is a complete flow-breaker, and i'm not sure how i feel about that little accompanying drone. Generally anything moving near me in Gwars is a bad thing
  • Need more friends for me to compete against. Added Raiziel, do you have this? Did random search for nexx and I think I found the right person, it said 3 mutual friends. 

I'm currently top of all my friends on the classic modes. But I'm sure that won't last long.
  • I liked the first one, but 2 is about a million times better.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tweeted Lucid, wanting a Vita version, nowt.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Knock on their door, they're in the 'Pool.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm still on the fence. Mayber.
  • It's no worse than the previous games as it contains those classic modes anyway. So price should be the only issue really for anyone who liked the previous games. Set scores all over again on a current console, yay!!

Have they changed the scoring? I swear it was so much easier to get a high score on Pacifism but it took me a while to get the beat-dev-score trophy of c.21m last night.
  • Man, I am godawful at this. Still enjoying it though. Makes a welcome change to my usual gaming.

My last GW sessions were on the DS, and I found that control scheme almost too easy. Playing it back on analogue sticks has been a brutal learning curve thus far.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I liked the first one, but 2 is about a million times better.

GW2 is excellent. I was particularly impressed by the multiplayer options - verses and co-op (and even co-pilot option - one person firing the other moving).
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Aye- I forget where they are. They guys that founded Sawfly went down the docks, I recall that much.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Really enjoying GW3 - played last night until my right thumb hurt. Can't remember the last time a game hooked me like that.
  • What do people have this on?
  • PS4 Dante.

This is brilliant, with this, more new Resogun content and now also new Super Stardust, all is good in the world.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Bone for me. Seems decent but some of the enemy spawns are a little strange.

Would love Stardust on the One even if Housemarque have never topped the original. Shame it will never happen.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What do people have this on?

I have it on 360
  • I need more people on my FL leaderboard. Nexx hasn't even accepted my request yet, the guy who started the thread!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!