Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Yeah but you gotta get 0 in early because Kiwami is hitting later in the year and both need clear air Reg knows what I mean say what
  • I really need to get back to Yakuza 0 as well.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The standard and deluxe editions of Mass Effect Andromeda are discounted 30% and 35% respectively this weekend. Given the starting prices on the PS Store that's still £38.49 / £42.24 for a game that will no doubt plummet in price shortly, but just in case anyone is interested.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'd also vouch for some Polybius too. Very much more so if you've got a PSVR hat rattling about.

Getting your head actually stuffed directly into some classic Minter madness is... Quite the experience...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I saw he'd made his one idea again. Hooray, etc.
  • I'm not even waiting for ME to drop in price anymore. I just don't want to play it.
  • I felt like that after the first game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I felt like that after the first game.

You chose the worst possible moment to abandon ship imo.
  • I still wouldn't mind playing 2 I guess but no brining desire bed on my meh-ness for 1.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You may have missed the boat, things have probably moved on enough to make the combat feel clunkier than it did.  You should take my word for it instead: no.2 was a mighty fine game.
  • Andy wrote:
    I saw he'd made his one idea again. Hooray, etc.

So I can do Space Giraffe in VR?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You may have missed the boat, things have probably moved on enough to make the combat feel clunkier than it did.  You should take my word for it instead: no.2 was a mighty fine game.

I started playing the original trilogy last year. It holds up surprisingly well. I should probably get back to it.
  • JonB wrote:
    I'm not even waiting for ME to drop in price anymore. I just don't want to play it.

Just not interested either.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I felt like that after the first game.
    You chose the worst possible moment to abandon ship imo.

I don't know, I still think the first game is the best one. Story was more interesting, villain was more menacing, there were more interesting things to discover. Less characters were irritating arseholes. All when compared with ME2. ME2 had a better combat system. Never finished ME3 as it was awful.
  • I didn't play the first one, so it's a moot point tbh.  I thoroughly enjoyed the second one though, but gave up on no.3 after a few hours.  A friend of mine has been day one for all things Mass Effect and the first game is his favourite too.  He loves his space science fiction, so his reasons are probably similar to yours.
  • The combat is very moreish in ME: A, (despite the criminal lack of checkpoints) But the script and new 'aliens' are piss poor. I fail to understand how EA could let such a well respected franchise just fizzle out like this.  But tbf, the very dawn of Mass Effect was when the sun began to set on Bioware.  Baldurs Gate shall remain their crowning achievement in CRPG's. Everything else was a downward trajectory from there.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • isanbard wrote:
    I'd also vouch for some Polybius too. Very much more so if you've got a PSVR hat rattling about. Getting your head actually stuffed directly into some classic Minter madness is... Quite the experience...

Definitely.

I was a little bit reluctant to pick it up as, despite loving a lot of his early stuff back in the day, I really didn't enjoy Space Giraffe at all.

But Polybius is everything I liked of his as a teenager, but converted into an immersive psychedelic landscape that is simultaneously ridiculously intense and oddly relaxing.  Whilst still being very silly.

Like a lot of his games I'm not sure I entirely know what's going on half the time, and I don't know how well it holds up without VR, but with it, it's kind of spectacular...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tital Souls is pretty annoying then.  And not in a good way.
  • Not going so well then?

I did get annoyed a few times, and it's for the best that it's quite short as the idea would wear thin after a while, but overall I found it worked well enough.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh.  Well I'm past the first four, and have headed east, and both the ones there were pretty frustrating (one spikey arms, one druggy shroom).  

Main thing that's annoying me is the clunky rolling (like you can't roll straight away after the previous roll ends, and there's not indicator (or even consistency) about exactly when you can roll again), and the directions / hitboxes are quite hard to read with the isometric view.  So yeah lots of fustrating deaths I feel a bit hard done by, or failures where you can't work out if you're doing the wrong thing or did just miss.  

Oh well, I shall persevere - i guess it kinda has to be clunky or it would be too easy, and the arrow thing kinda works OK I suppose.
  • Seasons after Fall should be out today, so hopefully I'll be downloading it tonight. Looks lovely.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    This might not be the most recent one: 2lizwac.png

Bust 314m over the weekend. Was happy to bump my mate off the top spot but still a ways off you lot. Am incredibly inconsistent atm.
  • So are we.  Most evenings of pinball were spent restarting after losing the first ball before hitting 50k.
  • I've had enough games go to high scores after a miserable 1st or 2nd ball that I just crack on these days, although as scoring increases maybe that'll change.

Feel like I've got a pretty solid grasp of the table now at least.
  • Cracking on is definitely the best technique, it's not Trials.  Can't seem to help myself though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Isn't pinball just luck
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not trolling I've just genuinely never seen what's fun or good about it bar some.numbers going up
  • I just spent an hour trying to play Fifa 17 online with a mate, without success, and I'm done with the franchise now.  I've now had three stuttering online sessions with two mates since September, and one complete wash-out.  Bollocks to it, it's rage uninstall time.       

I rarely play anything online these days, but I'm sure it was more straightforward on the dial-up Dreamcast.  Online friendlies weren't connecting (after numerous invites, texts etc), so I thought I'd check if there was a problem my end by playing against a random online.  Turns out you can't, there's no option to play randoms unless you go in the ultimate team mode, which seems to be some sort of card trading shit rather than select your team and play.  I assumed an exhibition online mode would still be standard in football games.  I had a moan up a few months ago when I discovered the rumble pit/all-on-all mode had been removed from Halo, but this is another example of unnecessarily moving away from dip in/dip out online experiences.  I'm all for the idea of games including deep FUT stuff, or the factions-playing-Risk of For Honor, or 100 v 100 capture the death star missions or whatever people want to play, but I don't see the need for the simpler modes to disappear.  Their lobbies may be comparatively unpopulated, but why jettison them completely?
  • Isn't Peggle just luck

Not trolling I've just genuinely never seen what's fun or good about it bar some.numbers going up
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    After the first or second bounce, yes. Now answer my damn question or there wont be consequences.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!