Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Re: RE7.

Do I just need any version of the game to play in VR?
    Yes.
  • Overcooked is amazing, must sleep!!
  • Re: RE7. Do I just need any version of the game to play in VR?

Yes - it's worth picking up the first hour demo.

Also if you liked Thumper in VR (which, of course you did, because it's amazing) you might like Polybius.  It's a Jeff Minter thing, and as such has all his idiosyncrasies, which you will either find delightful or utterly infuriating.  However, in VR, I'd say it's his best game - on a good playthrough it becomes both incredibly intense and weirdly relaxing, as well as being very trippy indeed.

Oh, and I also really liked Statik.  It's an odd little puzzle game, where your hands are sealed within a series of boxes, and you have to figure out how manipulating the controller affects the box, and by extension the game world.  It's intriguing, odd and often funny.  It also has a bafflingly hidden two player asymmetric mode where player two uses a phone/ipad via the Playstation App.  The two player version only has 3 levels, but they're really fun to work through.  The whole thing's kind of reminiscent of Portal, only you're rooted to the spot.

Meanwhile, mentioning Statik also reminds me about Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is the closest thing to a VR party game I've seen.  The person wearing the headset is in a room with a bomb, but no instructions.  Other players can see the manual on the TV screen.  (Or online, or print it out.)  Much screaming of instructions follows.

Meanwhile I'm yet to play Superhot VR.  I backed the original on Kickstarter and they sent out VR codes for the Oculus version to all backers, and I was kind of expecting similar for PSVR but it never emerged...
  • Aye keep talking and no one explodes is great fun and tough as you progress.
    Thered still one wires sequence i just cant seem to explain well enough to my girlfriend so i can do the bomb defusal if it comes up.

We have lots of a notepad filled with our alternative sequences and ways we work stuff out, its so great and so clever.

Just got accounting + today.
    Looked really funny at psx etc so i really wanted it.
    Its really really short though.
    I haven't discoverd everything though but still.
  • Thanks for the recommendations.

I've picked up Job Simulator which is just hilarious. Will be trying out Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes later this evening. Have Lady Tiger's family around and we're having an absolute riot.

Tin - I dare say I'll pick up Polybius at some point but I should probably stop myself from going too crazy. I've got Skyrim, Thumper, Rush of Blood, Job Simulator, VR Worlds, Superhot... plenty to be getting on with!
  • Job simulator is a great laugh.
  • That it is.

Can't move past Superhot VR though. Staggeringly well put together. Genuinely makes you feel like a superhero.
  • That it is.

Can't move past Superhot VR though. Staggeringly well put together. Genuinely makes you feel like a superhero.

Definitely my favourite vr outing.

Just discovered race the sun has a vr mode!
    Its so much better in vr and stupidly fast and hard.
    (i unlocked apocalypse level and its solid)

Wich reminds me that wipeout omega collection should be due that free update for vr!
  • Was never a great fan of it in normal, will give it a try in VR if it improves things.

Is it a cockpit view or something?
  • Wich one dante?

Race the sun puts you in a first person perspecrive, no cockpit really but a little bit of a hud, you can still switch to 3rd person though.

Wipeout i looked up and its early 2018 and has fully model cockpits etc.
    Gonna be mental.
  • Aye just first person, seems easier in vr.
    Nothing special like but just came across it and noticed the vr mode and thought what the hell il give it a go.
  • Yeah, I'm up for anything in VR.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Guys, is there anywhere cheaper than CDKeys for a 3-month Plus subscription at the moment (£16.89)?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Been hearing some good words about the PS4/smartphone crossover games, and wanted to start a thread, but thought better of it.

Are they any good?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Thats you is the only one iv tried, but its fun in a drunken group and easy to play.

Knowledge is power looks good by the videos iv seen on you tube.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Frantics is coming soon, looks like a decent Mario Party type thing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My what now?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Guys, is there anywhere cheaper than CDKeys for a 3-month Plus subscription at the moment (£16.89)?

Not unless there’s a voucher code pops up in the couple days. There are always cheap shared accounts for sale on eBay if you wish to go down that route (add it to the PS4 as another user and all users on that console have access to PSN).
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Thanks mostly, but I think I will stay clear of that.
  • Finally gave Hex Machina a shot. Holy moly, that's like a fizzy sherbet bomb of a game. Quality stuff. Piss pad for it.
  • Setting up the ps4 pro was remarkably painless for a Sony product.

Now do I sell the old mint one or keep it for spare?
    The Forum Herald™
  • If it's the original one definitely get shot, if a slim that's up to you but seems pointless keeping both. I'd sell /swap/ buy an original Xbox one with Forza 6 /horizon 2 and get some driving kicks.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Good advice Eric.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Been trying to set up my Pro this morning and it's a pain, it's managed to factory reset itself twice when trying to do the transfer. I've found an external drive and I'm now copying everything to that, I presume that will work once I hook it up to the Pro.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Been trying to set up my Pro this morning and it's a pain, it's managed to factory reset itself twice when trying to do the transfer. I've found an external drive and I'm now copying everything to that, I presume that will work once I hook it up to the Pro.

Was literally child’s play .. did you follow the onscreen instructions? And use an Ethernet cable?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, it said something about a possible network error and I did lose my internet for a few hours earlier, so it might still be a bit dodgy.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I probably should have made sure all my games had saves uploaded before I reset the old one. I'm sure it'll be fine, the cloud won't let me down.
  • You could enjoy Infinifactory from the beginning again though.  Every cloud.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, that wouldn't be bad, but the 130+ hours of EDF grinding would be a blow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!