Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mass Effect Andromeda £6.49 in the latest PSN sale.
    I'd still have to play it though.
  • Is it really that bad?  I only played no.2, which was genuinely excellent, and maybe 5hrs of no.3 before realising it wasn't doing another Magnificent Seven in space thing.  Not up for Andromeda, but still intrigued as to what went wrong.
  • You never played the best one!
  • So I’ve been playing Burly Men at Sea.  It’s a very beautiful branching narrative text adventure.  Each play through takes around 20 minutes or so.  The music is absolutely astounding and overall it’s just pitch perfect.

The best thing though?

As you complete each story a book appear on the shelf in your village.  The book has a code on the sleeve.  You go to the devs website, type in the code and lo a printed 50 page hardback book of your adventure is printed, bound and sent from the US.  Art style and tone of the writing is right up my street so I’ve got one winging it’s way to me for the not too unreasonable price of $29.00.  For the more frugal they’ll do you a pdf for gratis.
  • Skondo wrote:
    You never played the best one!

I read that the combat was wonky so I waited.  A mate who's played them all also reckons the first one is his fave.
  • Burly Men at Sea is still tempting, I should've grabbed it at £4ish.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Burly Men at Sea is still tempting, I should've grabbed it at £4ish.

Think that might have been when I got it.  It’s great.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is it really that bad?  I only played no.2, which was genuinely excellent, and maybe 5hrs of no.3 before realising it wasn't doing another Magnificent Seven in space thing.  Not up for Andromeda, but still intrigued as to what went wrong.
    I've not played it. Just one of those where no matter how cheap it gets it doesn't sound like it's worth the time.
  • So I’ve been playing Burly Men at Sea.  It’s a very beautiful branching narrative text adventure.  Each play through takes around 20 minutes or so.  The music is absolutely astounding and overall it’s just pitch perfect.

The best thing though?

As you complete each story a book appear on the shelf in your village.  The book has a code on the sleeve.  You go to the devs website, type in the code and lo a printed 50 page hardback book of your adventure is printed, bound and sent from the US.  Art style and tone of the writing is right up my street so I’ve got one winging it’s way to me for the not too unreasonable price of $29.00.  For the more frugal they’ll do you a pdf for gratis.
    That's pretty neat.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Anyone know what the difference in battery life between the old and new Move controllers is? Other than the USB ports, I hear that's the only real difference, is that right?
  • Don't suppose they'll charge from a mains adaptor, will they? Because the old ones definitely don't and it's really fucking annoying.
  • I think the battery life in the new Moves is better, and I don't know why either of them wouldn't charge from the mains? Have you tried another head unit for the charging cable?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Does your TV not have USB slot going spare? That always comes in handy in my house.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    I think the battery life in the new Moves is better, and I don't know why either of them wouldn't charge from the mains? Have you tried another head unit for the charging cable?

They definitely have better battery life, I'm just wondering what it equates to in actual use; i.e. if I'm going to notice it. Whether it's worth kicking up a stink with Game, basically.

Lots of things won't charge from the mains, the circuity needs to be told to draw power, or something. I've tried a few chargers, none of them work, I thought an iPhone charger would, at least. Might have to invest in one of those charging dock things.

Hodge360 wrote:
    Does your TV not have USB slot going spare? That always comes in handy in my house.

Just the one, which usually has a flash drive in it. Besides, the TV gets powered off at the mains, with the consoles, so wouldn't be that much use, anyway.
  • AJ, I have the old Move controllers, which are from back when Move first launched, and I have no issue with them. I've been able to play an all day session on Until Dawn and they still had juice.

IIRC, the original ones have a 10 hour battery life, so they should actually last longer than your PS4 pad.
  • Sounds like your move controllers are fucked.
  • Thanks, Dante. I know Sony said they last ten hours, but I never trust the battery life companies quote for things, so it's good to have confirmation I won't run out of juice mid-Skyrimming.

Who's controllers are fucked, digi?
  • Andromeda from what I've played(about 16-20hours I think) is utter pants.
    Most of the quests just seem like shitty uninteresting procedural hoop jumping exercises.

I LOVE the og trilogy. I even loved the Mako bits in ME1. Its one of the best new sci fi universes of recent years and had some truely brilliant moments,engaging characters and story. None of which I've yet encountered in Andromeda.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Mako in ME1 is fine. Just don't talk to me about planet scanning in ME2.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Mako in ME1 is fine. Just don't talk to me about planet scanning in ME2.
    Totally agree. Waste of time.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Mako in ME1 is fine. Just don't talk to me about planet scanning in ME2.
    Totally agree. One of the best ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I loved planet scanning in between all the action.
  • Those Mako sections in ME1 were awful. Game was ok, improved on second playthrough. 

Still I’ll have ME2 to play.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • ME2 was by far and away the best one.. They'd streamlined a lot of the tat.

Planet scanning was ok.. but of a chore but I guess it's supposed to be.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I got fed up part way through the first, quite possibly in a Mako section though maybe a shooting bit, took a break and there was never anything that made me want to go back.
  • The wife would like to play something like Until Dawn together, as she enjoyed it when we did that. Is Life is Strange similar? I'm not sure what other games like that there are...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Life is Strange.

Just play that.

It's the best.
  • Detroit becomes human.

Just not rape #regtoo
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tried Life is Strange and just couldn’t get into it. Same with Oxenfree. Am still looking for the next Until Dawn...I realise I haven’t helped at all but just made it worse. I’m sorry. But not really.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Detroit becomes human.

Just not rape #regtoo

The fuck
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Unsure why I'm attached to rape jokes unless it's me being too sensitive but either way sort it out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!