Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • It's a higher margin than 0.
  • AJ wrote:
    Talos Principal is fucking excellent. Fe is not.

This man knows his onions!
  • So then Thumper. In VR.

I had a good 15 minute run last night and it's pretty good. Quite different,very unique,oppressive atmosphere.
    There was one point where the rhythm just clicked,I got a section very right and the sound especially just became totally cohesive. Super cool. And the scale of some of the stuff in there is great. VR definitely adds a lot.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • So then Thumper. In VR. I had a good 15 minute run last night and it's pretty good. Quite different,very unique,oppressive atmosphere. There was one point where the rhythm just clicked,I got a section very right and the sound especially just became totally cohesive. Super cool. And the scale of some of the stuff in there is great. VR definitely adds a lot.

Yes.  It remains my favourite VR experience.  (I think it's the only full game - rather than "experience" - that I played from beginning to end in VR.)  Incredibly intense stuff.

if you haven't already, it's worth trying Polybius too.  I know Minter's stuff is divisive at best, but when you get into the right groove with it, Polybius is positively hypnotic.  It makes a great psychedelic companion piece to Thumper's bad trip.
  • Batman vr.fuckin hell even the title screen standing on a rooftop.tge sense of immersion and scale. Wow
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Think I might be the only one who plays Skyrim VR, but thought I'd point out there's a fairly heft looking patch coming next week with some decent improvements, in case I'm not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimPSVR/comments/8t2tuq/skyrim_psvr_update_144008_patch_notes/
  • Thanks for that. I've got it but only played through the first section to the point where you get to the open world. I'll give it another stab when the patch is out.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Im Waiting for it in sale or pricedrop.
    Soneone on here was gonna send it me then must have changed there mind.
    (same with Dishonored 2).

Il get to it eventually.
  • It was in a sale a few weeks back, that's the only reason I've got it.

I'm not expecting much of a graphics bump on my base PS4, so the biggest win for me is either having hands or walking backwards. What a bizarre thing to say.
  • digi wrote:
    Im Waiting for it in sale or pricedrop. Soneone on here was gonna send it me then must have changed there mind. (same with Dishonored 2). Il get to it eventually.

My Dishonored 2 was doing the rounds; so you're welcome to it if whoever I sent it to still has it. Clear as mud, that.
  • It's just occurred to me that the Skyrim patch might have something to do with Bethesda working on Fallout 4 for PSVR and I got a little bit excited. Then I realised that they almost certainly won't allow saves to transfer over from the standard Fallout 4, so I won't be able to nose about my awesome creations, and that excitement quickly evaporated.
  • Explain the logic AJ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's the same engine; they'd probably need to do work on it to get Fallout 4 performing well on PSVR and that work would likely be easy to apply to Skyrim VR.

Skyrim saves won't move between SE and VR, so it'd probably be the same for Fallout.

I really, really like the stuff I built in Fallout, but never found it interesting enough to finish the game.
  • Re that Days of Play competition - you're supposed to get an email with tie breaker questions in it. Anyone had this yet?
  • Well that's... good, I suppose.
  • So, the Skyrim patch.

They fixed the compass! It moves with your view now, so the directions actually line up with the world properly.

It's definitely super-sampling now, I'd guess from 1080 on the base PS4, so probably losses all the flickery edges completely on a Pro. Draw distance and FOV culling doesn't seem any better, maybe that's better on the Pro, too.

Hands turn out to be a bit annoying; they're at just the wrong angle. A nice touch is that they have whatever rings you're wearing, though.

Either the realistic bow aiming is how it was before or I need noticed how bad it was. The other style is basically point with your secondary hand.

The hight slider being extended it's fucking pointless. You can get it so you're the correct distance from the ground, but everything stays the same size. Promptly set back to the default because walking around as tall as a giant seems ridiculous.

Walking backwards is surprisingly hard with the new controls.
  • AJ wrote:
    So, the Skyrim patch.

They fixed the compass! It moves with your view now, so the directions actually line up with the world properly.

It's definitely super-sampling now, I'd guess from 1080 on the base PS4, so probably losses all the flickery edges completely on a Pro. Draw distance and FOV culling doesn't seem any better, maybe that's better on the Pro, too.

Hands turn out to be a bit annoying; they're at just the wrong angle. A nice touch is that they have whatever rings you're wearing, though.

Either the realistic bow aiming is how it was before or I need noticed how bad it was. The other style is basically point with your secondary hand.

The hight slider being extended it's fucking pointless. You can get it so you're the correct distance from the ground, but everything stays the same size. Promptly set back to the default because walking around as tall as a giant seems ridiculous.

Walking backwards is surprisingly hard with the new controls.

X does reverse of whatever your doing.
    So move button forward and x buttin back.

This kinda explains better.

https://youtu.be/MYkytg7tpg4
  • Also lumines remastered is on store with some ps exclusive stuff!
  • I get how it works, it's just weird having to point where you're going with the back of the controller, rather than the front.

Yo be honest, what I'd really like to see is new loading screens, showing a model in VR; the current one is so fucking boring and it's not like you don't spend enough time there.
  • So i went in rec room earlier for the first time in ages, its so hard to leave.
    There were dudes in there just doing comedy sets and rapping and all sorts, very entertaining.
  • digi wrote:
    So i went in rec room earlier for the first time in ages, its so hard to leave. There were dudes in there just doing comedy sets and rapping and all sorts, very entertaining.

Ps4 exclusive?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah; it's a PSVR thing. Sounds like I should give it a go.
  • Celeste for £12 on PSN.

SWD2 still holding firm.
  • Ooh, there's new sale stuff? Nice. I'm off to check if Windlands is included.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    May bite fur Celeste. Sending myself cold turkey for the second half of the year I think.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Yeah; it's a PSVR thing. Sounds like I should give it a go.

And Steam innit? Sure my mate has it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Or is that the job one?

*partridgeshrug.gif*
  • No, you're right. I thought it was a Sony-made thing, guess it isn't.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    May bite fur Celeste. Sending myself cold turkey for the second half of the year I think.

You really should. Celeste is best.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!