Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Tlou2 is rdr2

Nah I bet no one shoots their horse accidentally
    The Forum Herald™
  • But it won't let you do it on purpose.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    ZOMG
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I've never played LA Noire so yep I'll be rectifying that in VR.
    It won't stop it being shit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    21 Feb
  • Nintendo direct ps flavour
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The Last of Us 2 looks magnificent.  Also liked the look of Arise.
    Get schwifty.
  • Apparently entitled gamers are going crackers about some PS4 cod exclusivity deal because the inter webs
    The Forum Herald™
  • So Wattam finally gets a release date! That one’s been in dev for ages!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Put me down for Humanity and Wattam, pls.
  • Yar they both look good.

I’ll jump into TLOU 2 as well, even though I’ll get frustrated with the restrictive and repetitive, overly-scripted gameplay sequences like every other Naughty Dog game, but it’ll still be well made enough and interesting enough for me to have an overall positive feeling about it, despite not really enjoying playing it, that I’ll end up getting whatever they release next too.

See also, Rockstar.
  • Bob wrote:
    Apparently entitled gamers are going crackers about some PS4 cod exclusivity deal because the inter webs

Why do you think it's 'entitled'? An entire game mode is locked out in a year long exclusivity deal. This is not a good thing, and the sooner these sorts of exclusivity bollocks stops the better. Fair enough it's only a portion of the whole game, but that shouldn't matter.

Here is eurogamer on it:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-24-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-in-the-firing-line-after-year-long-spec-ops-survival-mode-ps4-exclusivity-revealed#comments
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It’s certainly odd that IW are going out of their way to say how negligible the portion of the game is that they’ve just sold to Sony.

Sony - “Buy COD with exclusive Survival mode only on PS4.”
    IW - “It’s fuck all. Don’t worry about. We shat it out one day for something to flog to someone. Don’t even trip.”
  • Exactly it’s like oh I can’t have this On my console boohoo.

Wait a year buy the new cod life goes on
    The Forum Herald™
  • Apparently Sony are no longer going to let you link your ps4 to facebook so you wont be about to post pics
    The Forum Herald™
  • No loss for me. Would like better Twitch integration though.
  • Outer Wilds is special. Just so long as I don't get flung out of the solar system in under five minutes with no oxygen.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Now the second best selling console of all time.

To misquote Mark Webber, not bad for a noisy console with no games a shit controller and home to the worst game of all time The Order: 1886
    The Forum Herald™
  • No games? You’re thinking of BoneX. Quote the opposite for PS4, too many games! Shame about CuntPad and CuntStore and CuntOnline.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Your forgetting the convenient ‘no games I want to play’ b&b defense.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Article from Forbes. To sum it up, if you want to play a PS5 at its full capabilities you will need a tv with HDMI 2.1 and 8k resolution. HDMI 2.1 is NOT a software upgrade from HDMI 2.0 so you are looking at a new tv as well.

Better start saving or delay that big tv purchase till next year.

PlayStation 5 Just Gave Most TV Brands - Including Sony - A Serious Headache
    John ArcherSenior Contributor

Sony is starting to let slip quite a few details now about its upcoming new PlayStation console. And the more we learn, the more it looks as if Sony really is going to be delivering a substantial upgrade over its current PlayStation 4.

The latest snippet of information to catch the eye of gaming and AV fans is the revelation made by new Sony PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan in an interview with CNET that the “PlayStation 5” will support 4K gaming at frame rates up to 120Hz. This could represent a huge step up in the gaming experience – even if it seems unlikely that games will be able to hit such a frame rate consistently.

There is, however, one big problem with the PS5 outputting such high 4K frame rates: the vast majority of current 4K TVs – including those from Sony itself – won’t be able to handle them.

Some LG 2019 TVs, such as the OLED65C9 carry full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 ports, meaning they should be compatible with the 4K 120Hz HDR games supported by the upcoming new PlayStation console.

The culprit behind this unfortunate state of affairs is the HDMI connector. This has become the de facto connection in the consumer digital AV space, yet its specifications are constantly evolving. Mostly to increase the amount of data it’s able to carry. And right now, with the PS5 on the horizon, it just so happens that the HDMI connection is going through one of its most important transitions. A transition that dictates, among other things, whether TVs can support 4K high dynamic range video at 120 frames a second or not.

Pretty much all 4K TVs, including the vast majority coming out this year, carry v2.0 HDMIs. These, though, only support data rates of 18Gbps. And that’s just not enough to support uncompressed 120fps 4K HDR video – either at constant or variable refresh rates.

The newly ratified HDMI 2.1 standard, though, can carry a massive 48Gbps of data. That’s easily enough to handle 4K at 120Hz in HDR – either at a constant or (if the PS5 supports it) variable refresh rate. And HDMI 2.0 ports cannot be upgraded by software to make them magically support such high data rates.

With this in mind, it seems pretty certain from all the talk of the PlayStation 5 handling 4K@120fps and even 8K@60fps that the new console will carry an HDMI 2.1 output. Yet the only TV brand supporting HDMI 2.1 ports on its 4K TVs this year is LG, with all of its 2019 OLED models and a few top-end LCD ranges: the SM90s, SM95s, SM98s and SM99s.

You can now buy/order Samsung, Sony and LG 8K-resolution TVs equipped with HDMI 2.1 ports – and these will also, of course, play the next PlayStation’s mooted 8K pictures. Those currently niche sets are typically far more expensive than most of LG’s 4K models, though.

To be clear, if you already have or end up buying a TV that doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 ports, you should still be able to play PS5 games that have been crafted to support 4K@120Hz. You won’t (hopefully!) be faced with blank screens. You will not, though, be able to enjoy the maximum performance from such games.

The specs of HDMI connections have changed many times over the past decade. And another big change is taking place right now.

Exactly how well TVs with mere HDMI 2.0 ports will perform with PS5 4K/120Hz/HDR games is slightly up for debate. Different manufacturers have proved capable of eking out different levels of performance from their HDMI 2.0 implementations. Samsung has even suggested that its current Q90R and Q85R/Q80R TVs might support 4K@120Hz in 10-bit with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling (a relatively basic level of color performance).

However, I asked Brad Bramy, VP of Marketing for the HDMI Licensing Administrator, for his take on the situation, and his response was pretty clear:

The HDMI 2.1 specification and the new Fixed Rate Link signalling technology is definitely needed for uncompressed 4K@120. And the only way to ensure the compatibility of HDR and all the other advanced features that usually accompany HDR, especially dynamic HDR [Dolby Vision and HDR10+], is with an HDMI 2.1 system – i.e. source, cable and display.”

So unless any other TV brands step forward to prove otherwise, it now seems following Jim Ryan’s recent revelations that if you’re a big PlayStation fan already committed to buying the next console and you want to take advantage of one of its key graphical upgrades, you’ll also likely have to factor in the cost of a new TV.

What’s more, if you decide to get that new TV now rather than waiting to see what 2020’s TV ranges might bring, your options currently seem to be limited to either Sony or Samsung’s eye-wateringly expensive 8K models, or one of LG’s HDMI 2.1-ready 4K sets.

• Banned in North Korea, Iraq and China.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Both Microsoft and Sony should concentrate on 4K and 60 FPS, they ain’t running fuck all of worth in 8K.

But I can understand bigger numbers mean a better console, whether it can run the games in 8K or not, for example the PS4 Pro, not many games run in native 4K but the advertising states 4K gaming - the layman doesn’t even know what native or upscaled 4K is.

Neither machine will be able to run much in 8K either. But Dolby Vision and HDR+ are cool to have.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • This thread and the next next gen thread are both in dual display mode.
  • In 10 FPS
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Vela wrote:
    This thread and the next next gen thread are both in dual display mode.

Yeh i posted it here first because i forgot about the next gen thread
  • Disco Asylum coming to ps4
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Disco Asylum coming to ps4

And Xbox one. I wonder how it plays? Was it designed for mouse or would a controller work
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Disco Asylum coming to ps4

YIS
    rest less

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!