Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Did someone say new Platinum??
    digi wrote:
    New platinum games!
    Looks like dmc crossed with souls.

Babylons fall.
    More info summer.

• Oh baby baby! Always got time for new daddyPlat.
  • Babylons Fall = more Bayonetta this Autumn.
  • digi wrote:
    New battle royale game,
    Spellbreak early 2020 beta.

This game is actually really good - my company runs an award activity and it was one of this years winners. They’re also tied in with intel and unreal, for promotional work, because the game is gorgeous and they just secured $20M from Take 2 - this is all public knowledge, in case anyone thinks I’m spilling anything secret.

There’s some serious weight behind this game, not surprised to see Sony give it the limelight.
  • I'll take four alpha codes, Cint. Chop chop.
  • It’s in Closed Beta. I do have codes, though...
    Spoiler:
  • SHILL! SHILL!
    Spoiler:
  • New battle royale game,
    Spellbreak early 2020 beta.

This game is actually really good - my company runs an award activity and it was one of this years winners. They’re also tied in with intel and unreal, for promotional work, because the game is gorgeous and they just secured $20M from Take 2 - this is all public knowledge, in case anyone thinks I’m spilling anything secret.

There’s some serious weight behind this game, not surprised to see Sony give it the limelight.

Yup, it's a fantastic game to watch and one of my most anticipated games atm. Was on the list for a PC alpha key for months with no luck.

Edit: I'm gonna buy into the closed beta ain't I?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ghost of Tsushima is still being touted as a samurai game by the press, but the original reveal and the latest teaser scream ninja to me.

I found this video and apparently you can choose to go full on samurai dueling or sneaky ninja type as you see fit.

I thought it was going to be more the sneaky stuff based on the story, you're overrun by the Mongol hordes so taking them head on wouldn't seem like the best idea, but I'm glad there's still plenty of stylish samurai swordplay in there. Looks like a cross between For Honour's chunky, tactical, punishing melee combat, Tenchu's rooftop scurrying and sneaky accessories, all set in that ridiculously cool feudal Japan era. Right up my street.
  • I don't do many big games but I think I'll make an exception for this one.
  • Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could play as sneaky ninja or honourable samurai or indeed Ronan and have the most amazing car chase . It sounds like a story driven open worlder but I’m struggling with the concept is it like Mario Odyssey?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Thinking about it, I'd fucking love a Mongol themed game. They were nomadic, covering unbelievable amounts of land but not settling down anywhere, instead invading other countries and sacking their cities for what they needed. Think the Dothraki from Game of Thrones, except the Mongols were more archers than swordsmen, and were even experts at using a bow while riding on horseback. Imagine the advantage that gave them on the open plains.

Mongol_Empire_map_2.gif

They also elected their leaders, so I'm envisioning you starting off as a young, lowly hunter, setting off from camp to scavenge and hunt prey, but you can advance to other roles, scouts and warriors taking orders from your war chief before eventually getting your own men to direct (nowt exciting, just attack here, hold there, flanking and pincer stuff) and eventually end up as Khan if you want/are respected enough where you can call the shots on who to attack, where to camp and negotiating land/tribute with defeated/surrendered enemies. I'm thinking of the Mordor Nemesis System (AGAIN!) to sort all this out by the way, no preordained story bollocks of the bog standard hero journey to sit through here, it works very much like RDR2 does online or when you're not doing story missions and just fucking about, hunting for supplies for your camp and running errands and shit.

When you die you pass on to control one of your sons, stick in some inherited traits that boost shit like aim with a bow, swordcraft, riding ability, animal husbandry (dogs, horses and they used birds of prey to assist in their hunting, cool as all fuck I reckon) scouting/tracking, bartering (got to be a good trader if you're not going to piss about with farming etc) and negotiating with other nations/your enemies.

Copious amounts of throat singing to set the mood, obviously. I'd fucking kill for a game like that to come out, although it never will. I'm pretty sure all the mechanics on my wishlist are out there already in other games too. It's been a nice daydream, anyway.
  • just make it in dreams ffs
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Remember to add a horde mode.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll get on it it Vela, good idea.

It's all one big horde mode Mootsy, but with a twist.
  • Make sure to finish the Mongol film trilogy while you're at it.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • In all seriousness though it'd make a fantastic action or strategy game kind of like that kingdom under fire crusaders series on og xbox.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Make sure to finish the Mongol film trilogy while you're at it.

Never seen those/that, I should rectify that to scratch an itch. All my Mongol love comes from reading the Conn Iggulden historical fiction series about Genghis Khan, and as such it's exaggerated to fuck but still has a few nuggets of truth to it, so it makes for perfect videogame fodder.

Vela wrote:
    In all seriousness though it'd make a fantastic action or strategy game kind of like that kingdom under fire crusaders series on og xbox.

Aye, stuff like that, very light bits of Civ and Total War too, issuing simple commands from any MilSim you care to think of, the bullet time bow play from Horizon Zero Dawn etc.

There's nothing truly original about the idea, just picking the tasty bits of other games and mixing them up and giving it all a sprinkle of Mongol all spice to create something that feels and looks "new".

Obviously I'm just guessing as I've no knowledge of working in the industry and what it takes to knock out a new IP, but I'd much rather see something like this get made instead of something like Watchdogs: Brexit Cringe edition.

• I'm guessing Subbax is loving this idea for a game.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I dunno. I think he was called Subotai, but now I am filled with doubt.
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Here's that full Ghost of Tsushima trailer. Summer 2020 release:

• Does look nice. Wonder how it'll compare to Sekiro, because obvious similarities.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looks fucking incredible.

It looks more grounded than Sekiro which suits me down to the ground, but I do wonder if they're going to start up with some spiritual shit/magic/mythical enemies etc.
  • If it's not as unceremoniously bastard hard as Sekiro supposedly is that'd be fine with me too.  I'm pretty average at 3D combat stuff so I'm after something that can be muddled through.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, doesn't look as punishing as Sekiro. I'll play that at some point, when I feel brave, but this looks like a good way to make those with Dad reaction times feel cool, and I'm all for that.
  • Godfall is the first announced game for PS5
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Godfall is the first announced game for PS5

Yeh warmtched it live this last night/morning,
    Looks a lot like warframe that I just happen to be playing a lot of atm.
    Quite happy with a shinnier warframe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!