Game time?
  • 10pm-2pm is a damn lot of gaming time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is why I don't want kids, the little fuckers are so selfish.
  • I'm playing about 8 hours a day at the moment, gotta keep up the grind.
  • This is why I don't want kids, the little fuckers are so selfish.

Yeah, yeah, you just can't get it up anyway eh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    10pm-2pm is a damn lot of gaming time.

I know, it's just I don't use it very wisely.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I'm playing about 8 hours a day at the moment, gotta keep up the grind.

Sing it brotha.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    This is why I don't want kids, the little fuckers are so selfish.
    Yeah, yeah, you just can't get it up anyway eh?

Its never down tbh, such is the blight of life.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have two teenage daughters and a tolerant wife who occasionally plays and very occasionally becomes addicted to a puzzle game. We have two sitting rooms downstairs which helps. Quite often though I'm too knackered to consider actually playing and would rather waffle on about it here.

It's quite the thing to experience the kids' skill levels overtaking yours. Just got trounced on 2 player Wii Punchout by my 16 yo daughter. I'm still ahead of them at Tetris and STGs but that's mainly because of their interest levels - everything else is up for grabs.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ... I could find time if I wanted it - I could find time to do a lot of things I don't get round to doing - but it's difficult not to prioritise fuck all if I'm tired during the post-9pm 'phew!' window.
    this sadly for me is also true...i say "i don't have time" to do the things i say i want to do, but it's more accurate to say i just can't be bothered to do anything once it gets to the point i do have some time.  i then waste that time doing naff all but stay up later than i should, and thus ensure i'll be too tired the next day and the cycle continues.

Today I'm gonna play a game/practice guitar/put those shelves up/take the dog for a massive hike in some faraway woods/pimp up my JXD7800b emulation tablet so it's purring on all cylinders.

I'm just gonna refresh the forum for 5 minutes whilst watching Dave first.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ... I could find time if I wanted it - I could find time to do a lot of things I don't get round to doing - but it's difficult not to prioritise fuck all if I'm tired during the post-9pm 'phew!' window.
    this sadly for me is also true...i say "i don't have time" to do the things i say i want to do, but it's more accurate to say i just can't be bothered to do anything once it gets to the point i do have some time.  i then waste that time doing naff all but stay up later than i should, and thus ensure i'll be too tired the next day and the cycle continues.
    Today I'm gonna play a game/practice guitar/put those shelves up/take the dog for a massive hike in some faraway woods/pimp up my JXD7800b emulation tablet so it's purring on all cylinders. I'm just gonna refresh the forum for 5 minutes whilst watching Dave first.
    yep.  you should prob get a drink and an unhealthy snack while you do that, i'm sure this time it will perk you up rather than help you sink further into lethargy... ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Eric wrote:
    I have two young children (9mnths and 3 yr old) and a wife who doesn't understand my interest in it, so I get very little time to play at all. After years of arguing about it I managed to bag a slot after I play football on a Monday night from 10pm-2pm by which time I'm knackered. Tuesday isn't a very productive day for me.

Sometimes I will go through a spell of being able to play from about 11pm to maybe 1am, but, like you, I'm fucked the next day and it does take it's toll.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I get extremely fed up with story/campaign based games in long stretches.  I enjoyed The Last of Us (eventually, although even that took three months to click), but I become very conscious of the time once I've been playing that type of game for an hour.  Not because I think I should be doing something else, just because it starts to feel like a chore and I have to force myself to top it up to 90 minutes.  In contrast, when I was into Trials Evo/Meat Boy/'Splosion Man - the instant restart brigade - I could happily plug away for 2-3hrs at a time.  Obviously as a youngster I could play games for however long I was awake.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    how do you guys manage to fit so much life into your jrpg time xoxoxox
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No time for campaign / adventure / narrative games. I'm not really a fan of them but there's no way I could commit to something like that without it creating domestic issues. It suits me fine as I'm a lover puzzle games, STGs and retro/arcade style games which fit my time budget just fine.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Most days i wake up 8.30, get home from work by 6. do some exercise, make dinner for me and wife. feed baby. wife and baby go to bed about 9. game time. the biggest reason is i don't have a big commute.
  • I'm living by myself amd currently working from 7am till 2-3pm so have quite a bit of time. Wouldn't mind trying to do something that feels more productive like programming or piano but it feels good working my way through my pile of shame.
    The amount of hours I still spend half asleep on the couch disappoints me though. Too many things to do!

Pretty sure I'd be like most on here with any more commitments
  • I manage to get a few hours during the week (maunly on remote play) and a few hours at the weekend. My main gaming time is during half terms and other holidays. Even with Jensen around, I have been able to utilise naps to maximise gaming time.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm living by myself amd currently working from 7am till 2-3pm so have quite a bit of time. Wouldn't mind trying to do something that feels more productive like programming or piano but it feels good working my way through my pile of shame. The amount of hours I still spend half asleep on the couch disappoints me though. Too many things to do! Pretty sure I'd be like most on here with any more commitments
    WTTC ambitions taking a back seat for now then.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm only at home three days out of every week, but with no kids, when I am home I allow myself around five hours a day on the console.  In the evenings when I'm away working I might squeeze in an hour on a handheld.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm another "8.30-10:00"-er. Kids in bed. Food eaten. Communal show watched so the wife onto her shite. Me upstairs to the man room.

Main variables are the kids sleeping, what show(s) we're watching, how knackered I am, whether I have to log in to work. Often end up doing shite like GotY spreadsheets rather than actual gaming! Tends to come in fits n spurts when a game grabs me though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm another "8.30-10:00"-er. Kids in bed. Food eaten. Communal show watched so the wife onto her shite. Me upstairs to the man room.

Main variables are the kids sleeping, what show(s) we're watching, how knackered I am, whether I have to log in to work. Often end up doing shite like GotY spreadsheets rather than actual gaming! Tends to come in fits n spurts when a game grabs me though.

Me too, but the bit in bold is the most important bit. If there's something I truly love I'll usually find the time. Got some weird Christmas hangover going on now where I can't seem to get enough sleep, no matter what time I go to bed, so game time is taking a hit.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I get extremely fed up with story/campaign based games in long stretches.  I enjoyed The Last of Us (eventually, although even that took three months to click), but I become very conscious of the time once I've been playing that type of game for an hour.  Not because I think I should be doing something else, just because it starts to feel like a chore and I have to force myself to top it up to 90 minutes.  

As much as I like the Last of Us, I also felt it wasn't a game built for long stretches (unusual for a story game). I still haven't finished it despite downloading it in the Sony Xmas sales last year. Recently picked up GTA V for ps3 at a low price and I feel that may go the same way. It's a technically stunning game and much improved on previous GTAs in terms of general controls and gameplay but the story and missions so far have felt more like make-work tasks than enjoyable gameplay. As such, I'm already slowing down. Doesn't help that Rockstar clearly think they are better at stories and characters than they really are. 

So back in line with the topic, games with less clutter tend to get my vote. Vanquish, SF4, Outrun, Geometry Wars etc. are all great for this. I'll also started to develop a stronger love of turn based strategy games - perfect for small bites of gameplay. As it is though, as I get older the games have to take a back seat to more important and, to be fair, more rewarding activities. But in a way, its helped me enjoy them more. I now tend to focus only on the games I know I will get a kick out of. Bad for diversity but surely its the young 'uns with cash to burn that should be pushing the market trends, not the part-timers like me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I played GTAV for a while too.  I thought it was great, told everyone Rockstar had finally got the whole package right (RDR notwithstanding), got to Trevor's bit, started enjoying it a even more.....then stopped playing, lent it to a mate it hasn't been in my disk drive since.  I want to like it.  It's fair to say that I do like it tbh.  I can explain why it's a very good game, I just prefer arcade style thrills and I can't explain why I lose interest in windier games. 

Your second paragraph sums up where I am too, I love a bit of turn based strategy, which is perfect for short bursts but also something I can happily play for extended stretches if I get the chance.  I did 35hrs of Fire Emblem in six weeks or so, haven't got stuck in like that since Trials Evo.  Plus I've played and finished far more retro games in the past couple of years than new titles.  It's easy enough to pick a NES game, play it with saves states and see the credits within an hour.  Not everyone's cup of tea but I've been loving it.
  • Its the old mindless 30-60mins on PES or get deeply involved in a story game debate really.

I've played MK8 for 80 hours. If you said do you want to play Skyrim for 80 hours or go to work... I'd go to work. A wise man once told me that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • As an old fart gone back to uni for a second crack, and this time for a pretty challenging course, how I've managed 300 hours of Destiny I don't know. If I'd put that much time into my studies this year if be laughing.

Have seriously considered chucking it a few times as I've apparently not got the willpower to play in moderation.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • What course you doing JR?
  • Outlaw wrote:
    What course you doing JR?

I'm a year and a half off finishing grad medicine, assuming House is Wolves doesn't scupper it. Which it definitely might.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I don't know how a lot of you do it. Particularly @Verecocha That guy seems to play every Bone title released. 

I have no kids, a standard 37 hour week job, a girlfriend who doesn't understand my hobby/habit but is okay with me playing if prior notice is given, but I still feel I have nowhere near the kind of time I'd like to give to games. When I do get the time I'm usually not in the mood, and games like Destiny make me question why I'm bothering at all, essentially playing the same thing over and over and over. 

Every now and then something comes along and I will make time for sure, but those moments are becoming few and far between these days with the amount of drivel currently available.
  • I don't like to overly simplify but a lot of the family gamers chime with me. I really enjoy me some FIFA clubs, but the older I get the more I have to try to get into game. In truth all I have really embraced in this new gen has been Sunset Overdrive (newish gameplay ish), Forza Horizon 2 (awesome fun and yet still haven't played MP) whilst dabbling in the rather purty Driveclub, Killzone and Infamous.

Truth is that there is very little new under the sun for me and I wonder if my lack of gaming is because I've kind of played it all before. There is no graphical leap that we got with HD tellies and even online stuff that made me fall in love with gaming is getting stale.

I guess there are always boardgames as I hit my forties :-(
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!